Author Topic: theres no arguing your way out when u contemplate that god "created" this "life"  (Read 6670 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
when it come to the big questions i turn to the msg board of getbig for answer.

its very likely that people who push dumbbells and struggle with separating egg yolk and egg white knows best.

LOL!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
(created and life) are human terminology... the true meanings of those words are undoubtably far removed because man labled it

think of all the chemicals , food ect that can effect us in all ways , everything seems to have a documentable unique reaction

iif its not gods fault ,then its all a "computer program" would be just as strong of an argument to explain all these things falling into place.

But Tesla was not believer  ::)

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
Tesla

tesla got this exactly right

'The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power.'

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
"There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul " or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise." Tesla

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
There is no creation because there is no such thing as time. It's a man made construct...There are no calenders or clocks in nature...just cycles that repeat indefinetly.....They never began...they wont end..just change forms and sequences. The Universe expands and contracts...the "Big bang" has happened forever....the Universe contracts then another big bang and it starts expanding again...and on and on and on...Contract, expand.....No beginning no end.

We do not have the intellect to understand such abstract thought but future more evolved beings will.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Best thread going right now. 8)

Fortress

• Getbig V
Any attempt to anthropomorphize "God" simply prove that the one making the attempt is mentally unsuited to discuss objective reality, it takes real fortitude to stare existence in the face and accept it for what it is and isn't. The Universe is likely a self solving mathematical equation that periodically destroys and creates itself, big bang after big bang, eon after eon, ad infinitum.

We "exist" at this moment in time as an ocean wave "exists" for a moment before being reabsorbed by it's matrix ,  never to be reassembled in that particular alignment of particles and energies again. We are also about as separate from the Universe (or "The All") as a wave is from the ocean, yet we spend most of our time and energy attempting to deny this (Ego anyone?).

Hundreds of thousands of years ago our hominid ancestors likely mistook the inner dialogue of a bi-cameral brain for an exterior "voice", and by the time we get to the iron age - schizophrenia had become a legitimate human condition as evidenced by Abraham's claims of hearing voices telling him to kill his son.

There is no real point to life beyond what you give it, life will continue to evolve with or without you, and eventually without mankind altogether as our sun burns out, rendering the species extinct. Of course we could always put aside our silly religions , borders, races and hatred of polka and come together finding a way to the stars - but we won't....

Ultimately? the void - for everybody irrespective of intelligence, superstition or "belief"...

Hope this helps.

Wow. Thanks for this.

Fortress

• Getbig V
Hell = Imagine the worst panic attack claustrophobic feeling, combined with feeling every single hurt you caused someone else, completely isolated and alone and that feeling ...it lasts for eternity.

That is hell

Sounds like the pain of a brutal set of squats. But then, with time, you adapt, and then the same once-a-challenge becomes manageable.

And then you’re boss.

So it’s cool. With a few sessions of hell, I’ll rule that retard place.

Fortress

• Getbig V
The universe never began and it’ll never end.

Nothing was TRULY “created”, ever.

But aliens created us. As we create shit.

Heavy metal is the music of the human white male.

Naked females kick ass.

This is about all I know.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
when we die we gotta exist forever as a bodyless soul, this life is preperation
A

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
I hope that wherever we go, it is better than this dump.

And I'd like to think that people who have done horrible things here, behaved badly, hurt others, etc. face a price to pay when it is all said and done.

Personally, I don't think there is anything after this.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
I personally am of the belief that we live in a continuously-looping and out-of-control computer program.

I know how to code in some programming languages and there seem to be too many coincidences in how we think and how things happen to how logical code is laid out: looping/if-then-else/while-do.

The whole existence model seems... I don't know, too narrowed down from a truly existential point of view: Three spacial dimensions and a time dimension. All these things seem "normal" to us because the time/space continuum is the jail we have been allowed to exist in but, in real theoretical terms, the universe can have infinite dimensions. The issue would be we would not have the perceptual tools to make sense of it.

Forget about time though... time is a distortion that is only valuable to understand when the energy takes the capricious form of you (being born) and when it chooses to move on to something else (dying).

Black holes don't give a fuck about the present, the past and the future. To black holes, time is nothing but a fart in the middle of a hurricane.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
when we die we gotta exist forever as a bodyless soul, this life is preperation

Exactly..

We are just spirits on a human experience.. not humans on a spiritual one

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Any attempt to anthropomorphize "God" simply prove that the one making the attempt is mentally unsuited to discuss objective reality, it takes real fortitude to stare existence in the face and accept it for what it is and isn't. The Universe is likely a self solving mathematical equation that periodically destroys and creates itself, big bang after big bang, eon after eon, ad infinitum.

We "exist" at this moment in time as an ocean wave "exists" for a moment before being reabsorbed by it's matrix ,  never to be reassembled in that particular alignment of particles and energies again. We are also about as separate from the Universe (or "The All") as a wave is from the ocean, yet we spend most of our time and energy attempting to deny this (Ego anyone?).

Hundreds of thousands of years ago our hominid ancestors likely mistook the inner dialogue of a bi-cameral brain for an exterior "voice", and by the time we get to the iron age - schizophrenia had become a legitimate human condition as evidenced by Abraham's claims of hearing voices telling him to kill his son.

There is no real point to life beyond what you give it, life will continue to evolve with or without you, and eventually without mankind altogether as our sun burns out, rendering the species extinct. Of course we could always put aside our silly religions , borders, races and hatred of polka and come together finding a way to the stars - but we won't....

Ultimately? the void - for everybody irrespective of intelligence, superstition or "belief"...

Hope this helps.

Blah, blah, bullshit. ::) ::) ::) 

jon cole

• Getbig IV
Where do we come from ? If science helped humanity, science is helpless when it comes to answer to this question. Big bang etc are just pure hypothese, validated by nothing but the willpower of scientist to explain everything by science.
asstropin

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
Ronnie was better than Dorian.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Best thread in Getbig-history.
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
The original turd was black.  Fack!   Then, everything everywhere turned to shit.

Scientists like to call the emptiness of space, "dark matter".  Why? Because they had a slow day and needed a press release (Hollyweird "stars" do this all the time) to seem relevant. John used to call it "doesn't matter". Why?  Cuz it's nothing more than a stupid guess at a topic no one gives a black shit about.

Wiggs likes to say that god is black and therefor Jesus was black.  The first part only makes sense if you take into account that after impregnating Sheniqualaysia ("Mary" is a whitey construct name), god was never  seen again.

No one knows what is waiting for any of us.  Least of all Wiggs and his earf be flat 'n' sheit way of life.  

Otherwise, this is a good thread!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Where do we come from ? If science helped humanity, science is helpless when it comes to answer to this question. Big bang etc are just pure hypothese, validated by nothing but the willpower of scientist to explain everything by science.

you really believe this? I mean really, that scientist come to these theories because they really want to, not because it is the most likely right answer given the available data?

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Funniest thing I have seen in ages is fervent anti-anything-religious physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson talk about the concept of a three dimensional time dimension in which people would have access to the future, the past and the present all at the same time. He's so fanatically anti-religion that he forgets to mention the fact that this is hardly a new concept, and that he is basically talking about a notion that is and has been discussed in religious circles for many millennium: omnipresence.

I am as anti-anything religious as the next guy but deGrasse takes to an irrational level.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Gooks Suck
K

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Funniest thing I have seen in ages is fervent anti-anything-religious physicist Neil deGrasse Tyson talk about the concept of a three dimensional time dimension in which people would have access to the future, the past and the present all at the same time. He's so fanatically anti-religion that he forgets to mention the fact that this is hardly a new concept, and that he is basically talking about a notion that is and has been discussed in religious circles for many millennium: omnipresence.

I am as anti-anything religious as the next guy but deGrasse takes to an irrational level.

Link?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Gooks Suck

sorry your life is this miserable

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Link?

I have no links but I have seen the buttwipe in question be a buttwipe toward Christians and the Nazarene.   Fuck DeAssee.  He may well be a nice guy in person, but I have my doubts.  I am certain he would say the same about me. Nah.  He's much too smart for someone like me to speak with. ;D

But there's nothing unusual about that, LOL!