Author Topic: if you were retired and had 8K a month take home, where would you live?  (Read 33003 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I would live in Basile's basement

Just don't tough his bicep suplinator machine

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Recommended readings for retiring/retired getbiggers:

What to Do When I Get Stupid: A Radically Safe Approach to a Difficult Financial Era
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDWTFU2/ref=kinw_myk_ro_title

AGING-IN-PALACE© a quick start guide for aging at home
https://www.amazon.com/AGING-PALACE%C2%A9-eReader-Designed-Aging-ebook/dp/B0099F2KWS/ref=pd_sim_351_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=595NP5KR0902E1QJPTH0

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Fuck yeah: Costa Rica.

Friend of my coworker's retired there 5 years ago and, even since he moved there, he look to have reversed the aging process (the again he's fucking loaded... he charters a plane full of his family twice a year from NYC to Costa Rica). He lives on a private gated community. The sunsets are fucking amazing, the beaches even more fucking amazing, and the climate is out of this world.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Check this out:

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I'd find a place with a beach and a lot of good looking whores.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V

Friend of my coworker's retired there 5 years ago and, even since he moved there, he look to have reversed the aging process (the again he's fucking loaded... he charters a plane full of his family twice a year from NYC to Costa Rica). He lives on a private gated community. The sunsets are fucking amazing, the beaches even more fucking amazing, and the climate is out of this world.

just dont venture out of the gated community or else

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
....it would make it a hell of a lot easier to pay my mortgage

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
just dont venture out of the gated community or else

Ive been to Costa Rica and didn't have any issues. Is it a high crime country?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
still would be a simple low key life in scottsdale and use the money to travel in the summer

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
still would be a simple low key life in scottsdale and use the money to travel in the summer

This^.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Thats a sound idea. It was actually an option we considered. Move to a place with a low cost of living, then travel a lot with the money saved. But for me, I would like a home that I feel I'm on vacation all the time in.. and then travel a reasonable amount of time to other places.   

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Thats a sound idea. It was actually an option we considered. Move to a place with a low cost of living, then travel a lot with the money saved. But for me, I would like a home that I feel I'm on vacation all the time in.. and then travel a reasonable amount of time to other places.   

scottsdale is a resort town.
-tons of fitness/gyms
-amazing social life (hot chics, events, restaurants, resorts)
-golf  and guns (if those fancy you)
-low crime, very clean, nice people
-close to vegas, SD, LA, and orange county (leave in the AM and be there lunch)
-close drive to sedona, skiing, snowboarding, hunting
-smoking chics
-not a city full of nut jobs with agendas, or over priced public universities
-fairly low cost of living (and if you are a true get bigger - there is  ferrari dealership next to the Rolls Royce dealer) so you can ball out if you want to and not feel awkward
-tons of parks,

nice 2 bedroom casita/patio home, community pool with cheap taxes and travel when you want too.... amen

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
scottsdale is a resort town.
-tons of fitness/gyms
-amazing social life (hot chics, events, restaurants, resorts)
-golf  and guns (if those fancy you)
-low crime, very clean, nice people
-close to vegas, SD, LA, and orange county (leave in the AM and be there lunch)
-close drive to sedona, skiing, snowboarding, hunting
-smoking chics
-not a city full of nut jobs with agendas, or over priced public universities
-fairly low cost of living (and if you are a true get bigger - there is  ferrari dealership next to the Rolls Royce dealer) so you can ball out if you want to and not feel awkward
-tons of parks,

nice 2 bedroom casita/patio home, community pool with cheap taxes and travel when you want too.... amen

I've great things about Scottsdale. I did many years in central Texas and looking for beach areas. But your plan would work for many people

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I've great things about Scottsdale. I did many years in central Texas and looking for beach areas. But your plan would work for many people

it has for me. I got lucky and ended up here from the pits (south side of chicago)

beaches are nice but you pay an extreme premium to live on one, then you living expenses are eaten away by the cost of that one beach. i will drive to CA beaches, stay there for 2 weeks a year and then i am beached out, or travel to a nice new beach (thailand or mexico) vs sink all your money into a beach town.

goal is give yourself options with money, 

scottsdale is better than palm springs since it is not CA, and palm springs dies really hard in the summer. I like AZ over Florida due to the west coast feel/culture over east coast culture

plus the dollar goes father, and living next to CA is great, but nothing worth living there full time imho. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
it has for me. I got lucky and ended up here from the pits (south side of chicago)

beaches are nice but you pay an extreme premium to live on one, then you living expenses are eaten away by the cost of that one beach. i will drive to CA beaches, stay there for 2 weeks a year and then i am beached out, or travel to a nice new beach (thailand or mexico) vs sink all your money into a beach town.

goal is give yourself options with money, 

scottsdale is better than palm springs since it is not CA, and palm springs dies really hard in the summer. I like AZ over Florida due to the west coast feel/culture over east coast culture

plus the dollar goes father, and living next to CA is great, but nothing worth living there full time imho. 

All valid points. I would not want to live in a beach town that took all of my money and didn't allow me to continue to travel as I do

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
tres_taco_combo making a lot of sense in this thread.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
....it would make it a hell of a lot easier to pay my mortgage

I gather mortgage payments can be out'a sight in sunny Southern California these days.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Some of my neighbors winter in Scottsdale. My be nice to escape the rain.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Not to mention the high quality cocaine ...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Check this out:

Home of my Pocahontas, place is amazing...

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Home of my Pocahontas, place is amazing...

thats a dream view

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
thats a dream view

until the next hurricane rolls in  ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
until the next hurricane rolls in  ;D

You sound a lot like an ex wife..  :)

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
You sound a lot like an ex wife..  :)

A man in his mid-forties bought a new BMW and was out on the interstate for a nice evening drive. The top was down, the breeze was blowing through what was left of his hair and he decided to see what the engine had.

As the needle jumped up to 80 mph, he suddenly saw flashing red and blue lights behind him. “There’s no way they can catch a BMW,” he thought to himself and opened her up further.

The needle hit 90, then 100, and finally reality hit him and he knew he shouldn’t run from the police, so he slowed down and pulled over.

The cop came up to him, took his license without a word and examined it and the car.

“It’s been a long day, this is the end of my shift and it’s Friday the 13th. I don’t feel like more paperwork, so if you can give me an excuse for your driving that I haven’t heard before, you can go.”

The guy thinks for a second and says: “Last week my wife ran off with a cop. I was afraid you were trying to give her back.”

“Have a nice weekend,” said the officer, and walked away.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
I gather mortgage payments can be out'a sight in sunny Southern California these days.

Mine is $6k + 😳