Author Topic: Krav Maga  (Read 4835 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Krav Maga
« on: March 07, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »
What do people think of this? The bloke who did the tv program about it KOMIE INVASION trains in my gym. Any of you done it? Rate it

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
Re: Krav Maga
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 09:49:44 AM »
I'm sure GB's resident anti-Semites will have an opinion on this.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »
When screamed at potential assailants, the words sound way less ghey  than screaming "I know Jujitsu" - and that's whats really important in a life or death situation.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »
krava maga is really just "keep a pen on you and stab someone in the eye."

Tovarishch_Smert

• Getbig II
  • “A lie told often enough becomes truth.”
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 11:49:01 AM »
What do people think of this? The bloke who did the tv program about it KOMIE INVASION trains in my gym. Any of you done it? Rate it

My buddy is a hardcore SAMBO guy and a complete badass. Watched him manhandle three Chechens at once during a bar scuffle on night when I was living in Odessa.
Anyway, he sparred with an Israeli dude that trained in Krav Maga and it was a draw really.
KM is great stuff when you need to get out of a situation fast or end your opponent lethally.
The main deal with KM schools in the US is that most don’t allow sparring. This is a red flag!
Also, some are really sketchy when it comes to tracing the schools links back to actual KM masters in Israel.
A good KM school allows sparring and can prove lineage.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 12:02:31 PM »

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 01:24:14 PM »
Bas Rutten says that it is hands down the best form of self defense that a person can learn. And Bas knows his shit.

be back

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:43:14 PM »
krava maga is really just "keep a pen on you and stab someone in the eye."

Yep, start doing Krava Maga and expect a prison term...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 02:22:21 PM »
Yep, start doing Krava Maga and expect a prison term...

at least you then know how to defend yourself in prison

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 02:22:34 PM »
Eye poking and ball kicking doesn't really work in a fight.

maybe vs some unaware tard

in short it's complete BS

Boxing and combined with some bjj gets you prepared for real fights.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 02:41:45 PM »
Eye poking and ball kicking doesn't really work in a fight.

maybe vs some unaware tard

in short it's complete BS

Boxing and combined with some bjj gets you prepared for real fights.

Exactly.  Guys who think they have an ace up their ass with eye poking and ball kicking that think they can defeat a trained fighter are living in a delusional world. Truth is instead of tapping you out they will put you to sleep then break every joint in your body for trying to eye gouge them. Some of the best fighters are wrestlers who learns how to box and practices Jui jitsu.  So much nonsense in the martial arts world. If you don't spar with a real opponent that's trying to kick you're ass it's  just delusional fiction. 

I would suggest to anyone that thinks BBJ or boxing is bs to go to a gym and roll on the mats or do some real sparing in the ring. It's humbling.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 02:52:47 PM »
Exactly.  Guys who think they have an ace up their ass with eye poking and ball kicking that think they can defeat a trained fighter are living in a delusional world. Truth is instead of tapping you out they will put you to sleep then break every joint in your body for trying to eye gouge them. Some of the best fighters are wrestlers who learns how to box and practices Jui jitsu.  So much nonsense in the martial arts world. If you don't spar with a real opponent that's trying to kick you're ass it's  just delusional fiction. 

I would suggest to anyone that thinks BBJ or boxing is bs to go to a gym and roll on the mats or do some real sparing in the ring. It's humbling.

I’ve fought some good fighters who knew their shit far more than me and I’ve grabbed balls a few times and I can say it works.Also grabbed and snapped fingers as well as throat poke and if nothing else is working and you go for balls,eyes etc... it can and does work.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 02:53:35 PM »
you can go for the balls even if it's not a fight

just saying

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 03:04:38 PM »
you can go for the balls even if it's not a fight

just saying

Woohooo yeah buddy

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2018, 03:10:40 PM »
It's a fast changing world, here in Colorado you might very easily find yourself staring down a barrel in any given confrontation - I try to keep this in mind when road rage and such rears it's ugly head as I'm a fan of breathing.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2018, 03:11:56 PM »
self defense lesson no 1

avoid roads to avoid road rage

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2018, 03:15:35 PM »
When was the last tiime anyone here was involved in a street fight. Not just a stupid bar one that went outside for 15 seconds. A real no holds barred knock down drag em out fight for your life? So many conversations evoke around a street fight as to who system works or not. Willingness and who does not hesitate and strikes first is usually going to be the victor. In most cases.
h

Anna Recksiek

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2018, 03:15:53 PM »
Krav makeamericagreatagain

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 03:19:03 PM »
When was the last tiime anyone here was involved in a street fight. Not just a stupid bar one that went outside for 15 seconds. A real no holds barred knock down drag em out fight for your life? So many conversations evoke around a street fight as to who system works or not. Willingness and who does not hesitate and strikes first is usually going to be the victor. In most cases.

i do not hesitate to strike last

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2018, 03:24:21 PM »

Honestly I love to fight and look for any chance I can get to brawl.Last good street fight was prob 4 years ago,been in a few fights since but not all out craziness.most people I know don’t hang with me because they know I need excitement and know I’m up for anything at anytime.

Not the toughest but I don’t give a fuck either way and I can take a hell of a beating.

sceagacros

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2018, 03:24:42 PM »

Not really life or death , but a drunken soldier from a nearby military base mistook my house for someone else's and tried to break in. It actually felt really fantastic to body slam him several times and then sit on him till the cops came - I'm 50 and it's been a really long time since the adrenaline high you get from that sort of thing. In truth I'm an OK grappler and powerlifting definitely gives me some advantage over regular dudes - but the kid was drunk so..........meh.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2018, 03:26:47 PM »
soldiers follow orders, all you had to do was to tell him to leave

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2018, 03:29:44 PM »
Honestly I love to fight and look for any chance I can get to brawl.Last good street fight was prob 4 years ago,been in a few fights since but not all out craziness.most people I know don’t hang with me because they know I need excitement and know I’m up for anything at anytime.

Not the toughest but I don’t give a fuck either way and I can take a hell of a beating.

Settle down, Bruiser.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2018, 03:31:08 PM »
i too need excitement and im thankful getbig gives me that, the adrenaline pump i get from watching a never seen before photo of kevin levrone is outta this world

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2018, 03:41:30 PM »
i too need excitement and im thankful getbig gives me that, the adrenaline pump i get from watching a never seen before photo of kevin levrone is outta this world

Hahhahh