Author Topic: Anybody using scrips for mental focus/productivity?  (Read 2908 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Anybody using scrips for mental focus/productivity?
« on: March 07, 2018, 04:18:57 PM »
Not to deal with a medically diagnosed disorder, but for pure productivity.

What are your thoughts on these?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: Anybody using scrips for mental focus/productivity?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 04:25:20 PM »
Huh? Doctors won't prescribe anything worth a damn nowadays unless you jump through a ton of hoops.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 04:37:19 PM »
Huh? Doctors won't prescribe anything worth a damn nowadays unless you jump through a ton of hoops.

You don't have to get them through a doctor, but I don't think this is true. Multiple people in my office use mental scrips which they did get through doctors, at least two people at my gym use them  (they were discussing in locker room a few weeks back) and our therapist asked me if I was interested in some type of  med when my wife and I did a few marriage counseling sessions. I don't know if you're saying that the stuff most people are getting isn't very good, but I don't think they are that hard to get.

Are you in America?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »
Yes, I was going to ask if you were not, because that definitely changes things.

I used to buy something called "stablon" off of the internet. European Antidepressant that really works quite well, and has no patent here. Sadly, of course, they are passing a bill to make it a schedule 2 substance in my state now.

Explorerspl

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 07:22:11 PM »
Nah I just use meth I make with drain cleaner and cold medicine

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 07:28:37 PM »
I used adderal a handful of times in college for studying. Shit was a wonder drug for focus, but there was a crash. I see people throughout the day from time to time that I know are using it, well, abusing it.

werewolf operative

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 08:01:51 PM »
our therapist asked me if I was interested in some type of med when my wife and I did a few marriage counseling sessions.

Are you in America?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »
Only thing worthwhile I'd say would be modifinil. Never used it myself, but compared to the alternatives like Adderal (amphetamine sulphate) it seems "safer", in that it won't destroy your appetite like common stims do. No clue how rich piana would be getting all his meals in on Adderal, when 25mg of ephedrine will kill my appetite for 12 fucken hours.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 09:01:42 PM »
Nuvigil

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 09:05:57 PM »
Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 09:21:19 PM »
I thought that was what a good nights sleep and exercise was for... you mean there is a pill for that?

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 09:33:55 PM »
Noopept is interesting. It's supposed to increase focus, it's a Russian made "smart drug." For some reason it makes me loopy but it's a powerful off the shelf anti depressant. Cheap too.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 09:37:36 PM »
Mike Quinn used cocaine for focus.  Someone told me Stephen King did too, and I searched online and confirmed that.  I have heard other people say the same thing.  At first I thought it was just people rationalizing their drug consumption - and maybe it also is that - but I have heard enough people say this to believe some people do experience this effect.  I wonder if they could just get a prescription for something instead.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2018, 11:43:33 PM »
What are you hoping to produce more of ???

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 01:36:28 PM »
I thought that was what a good nights sleep and exercise was for... you mean there is a pill for that?

You'd be really surprised at the things some people do just to add a couple pounds of muscle. See other threads on this board for details.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 01:39:29 PM »
I used adderal a handful of times in college for studying. Shit was a wonder drug for focus, but there was a crash. I see people throughout the day from time to time that I know are using it, well, abusing it.

Modafinil and its offshoots seem to be the drugs of choice around this office.

There was a mini-controversy going on at my office because one  team member  advised an intern to look into modafinil. This particular intern is "likeable" but a very slow worker.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 01:50:11 PM »
Modafinil for mental productivity and Adderall for physical productivity.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2018, 01:55:14 PM »

im assuming he's talking about weed or adderall, which is as easy to get as a candybar

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2018, 02:01:08 PM »
Modafinil and its offshoots seem to be the drugs of choice around this office.

There was a mini-controversy going on at my office because one  team member  advised an intern to look into modafinil. This particular intern is "likeable" but a very slow worker.

Really? What industry are you in? Maybe it's a generational thing but I can't imagine this being openly discussed in a corporate setting (at least one that doesn't want to encourage lawsuits).

be back

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2018, 02:07:42 PM »
Only thing worthwhile I'd say would be modifinil. Never used it myself, but compared to the alternatives like Adderal (amphetamine sulphate) it seems "safer", in that it won't destroy your appetite like common stims do. No clue how rich piana would be getting all his meals in on Adderal, when 25mg of ephedrine will kill my appetite for 12 fucken hours.

That explains your post history....

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 02:11:56 PM »
Really? What industry are you in? Maybe it's a generational thing but I can't imagine this being openly discussed in a corporate setting (at least one that doesn't want to encourage lawsuits).

Marketing/advertising. And, yes, the use of prescription/recreational drugs is discussed relatively "openly", but the mini-controversy entailed parsing the language of exactly what was said to the intern.  My current office is predominately made up of under-45 workers, but the oldest skewing firm I worked for  was the least uptight.

etaIt might be helpful to also add that  I live in NYC.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 02:44:00 PM »
im assuming he's talking about weed or adderall, which is as easy to get as a candybar

Adderall is hard as hell to get around here. Most people seem to be flush with stuff like Lyrica nowadays, which doctors prescribe for random shit like anxiety.

doggler

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »
Just pm ESFitness.

be back

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2018, 03:16:34 PM »
Is marketing/advertising considered a mentally demanding job ???