Author Topic: Draining your own ears...  (Read 9782 times)

an123

• Getbig IV
Draining your own ears...
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
Anyone ever do it?  What gauge needle do you use?  I have some fairly nasty cauliflower forming on my ears, one of which is very new and fluid filled.  I want to drain it but don't want to run to a clinic each time.  Wondering if anyone has done it before and what the outcome was.

Thanks.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
Re: Draining your own ears...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 10:20:56 AM »
slin needles or 22-24 gauge... it's painless...

biggest risk is infection...due to low circulation in your ears keep the site clean and you should be fine!  :D

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 11:09:53 AM »
Thanks Texas, i'll pick up some rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs.  Going to give it a shot tonight.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 12:27:49 PM »
If it's really fresh a slin needle will work great.  I would buy a pack of 10 and use a new one about every 2-3 draws just to eliminate any bacteria caused by air hitting the needle, but that's just me.  I know of guys who waited and then resorted to a 22g after some brutal massaging to break stuff up.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:41:34 AM »
things you guys need to realize when using alcohol...it doens't disinfect...it just moves shit around on your skin...so when you clean the site make one swiping pass...dont rub it around.

the only readily available disinfectant that most people have at home is betadine...betadine=good shit! significantly reduces infectious material AND will allow you to stick the site multiple times without having to rewipe like you would with alcohol  :D

*EDIT* and in regaurds go bbd's comment he's right..NEVER reuse a needle...look at the shit you just took out of yourself...and then it came in contact WITH the air and you're gonna wanna reintroduce it to your body? yeah...if you're careless you deserve a rip roaring infection or even worse... i'm giving you guys this knowledge from what i've learned and am still learning in the paramedicine field...i want ya'll to be safe about doing this so i feel the need to share! hell i even do it..but the risks of doing this are pretty invasive when i'ts on your ear...so follow the simple guidelines i've presented and you should have no problems treating that shit.  but just like greg valentino's dumb ass...if you just do whatever the hell..you will pay for it.

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »
I did it last night, was pretty easy and got 1cc of blood out of my ear.  I used rubbing alcohol then put a bit of neosporin on the puncture site.  I think i'll pick up a headgear tonight... I don't want to make a habit of jabbing my ear with a needle.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 09:25:13 AM »
one cc? that's not too bad...unlike that video where that one dude had about 3 or 4 drawn! lol  :o

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 09:26:44 AM »
Yeah, it was really fresh and I didn't get it completely drained.  But it no longer is painful at least.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »
I'm glad to hear it worked out good!  If you have a little residual that has obvious puffiness to it, just pick up a slin needle so you can access the small pocket easier.  The headgear thing is the way to go.  I'm not one those guys that think they look tough with the califlower thing going on.  I'd rather be steal and looking healthy!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 09:35:56 AM »
not to mention that shit's just painful... :-\

an123

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »
Yeah, the whole "battlescars" bullshit doesn't fly with me either... Plus as you said, that shit just hurts!  Makes me not want to go in for the double leg since I have to push in with the ear that is killing :).

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2006, 09:54:48 AM »
Yeah, the whole "battlescars" bullshit doesn't fly with me either... Plus as you said, that shit just hurts!  Makes me not want to go in for the double leg since I have to push in with the ear that is killing :).

The ole' double leg will kill ya!!!  What's worse than that are the veterans that run around and flick your ear cause they know it hurts!  Damn those guys!!!

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
  • absolute power corrupts absolutely
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 10:10:08 AM »
i hit myself in the ears twice a night so i look like badass! ... i also broke my nose for the same reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont fuck iwth me!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2006, 10:12:18 AM »
 :-X

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2006, 10:14:27 AM »
he knows not to talk back to a guy with a busted nose and ears ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2006, 10:16:01 AM »
LOL

more like i wouldn't wnt to be seen talking to a chick that looks like she got her face monkey stomped by the local pimps..  :P :-X

*yes i know you're a dude...lol*

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 10:18:15 AM »
im too lazy to do anything about hte ears and they really arent that bad ....

the nose kinda bothers me though ... i really need to fight a southpaw at some point to even it out ;D

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 10:30:53 AM »
i hit myself in the ears twice a night so i look like badass! ... i also broke my nose for the same reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont f**k iwth me!

ahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!  I almost fell out of my chair, that's good!!!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 10:32:24 AM »
lol dude's a certified silver back! lmfao!

look i wouldnt' fuck wiht someone that just sat there and busted their nose up just to do it!

kinda like that video where that guy head butted the back window out of a car when he was pysching himself up to fight some other tool...after he did it..the other guy just walked away lmao  ;D

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 10:34:14 AM »
looks like im gonna have to knock out my front teeth to get some respect up in this bitch!

ps texas rush ... were u the guy who had a mma fight at 205 .... if so how did that go?

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 10:37:08 AM »
looks like im gonna have to knock out my front teeth to get some respect up in this bitch!

Oh yeah?!!!!  I'm gonna beat my head in with a hammer so I can look like Ken Shamrock after Tito owned him!!!

ahahahahaha!!!! Stop it already!!! LOL!!!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 10:38:27 AM »
nope have yet to be in a fight yet...:( still trying to get in shape for it...hoping to go more than one round lmao... ;D

right now i'm sitting at 206 after cutting on my doc's scale and i still look like a fucking scrawn next to some of the guys in my class! i have yet to be able to do much of anything besides tussle a little here and there with some grappling..but have yet to find a school..am looking to talk to a cardio kickboxing instructor here at the local gym that also does karate and bjj....might be the hot ticket!  :D

need help with those teeth?!   >:( :D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »
start callin jimmy lousseau?!  ;D

slippediskmountian

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 10:43:45 AM »
nope have yet to be in a fight yet...:( still trying to get in shape for it...hoping to go more than one round lmao... ;D

right now i'm sitting at 206 after cutting on my doc's scale and i still look like a fucking scrawn next to some of the guys in my class! i have yet to be able to do much of anything besides tussle a little here and there with some grappling..but have yet to find a school..am looking to talk to a cardio kickboxing instructor here at the local gym that also does karate and bjj....might be the hot ticket!  :D

need help with those teeth?!   >:( :D

careful of those "jack of all trade" instructor types man .... they are usually mediocre at everything :(

how tall r u?? ... i would rather fight a 5'10 jacked 205 guy than a 6'3 scrawn guy any day of the week ... so if youre tall its all good!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 10:46:21 AM »
6'1"

strength on the ground is never an issue...i'm very proud of my take down defense and my ground skills..well for what it's worth...my stand up is eh...but yeah..i wondered that too..figured i could get alot of pull from many different styles with him..take what i like from each and incorporate it into my fighting...  :-\