Author Topic: Charles Glass - Angles to his different parts of muscles  (Read 14783 times)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
Re: Charles Glass - Angles to his different parts of muscles
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2018, 11:56:34 AM »
Here is me with Roelly last year . I was bulked up. And yeah, I was trying to out angle him.

my point to the comment is everyone is dead set on their opinion which is based on one or all 3 of the following

1- because science says so  ::)
2- bro science  ::)
3- actual in the gym experience  ::)

None of them are actually right or wrong to be honest because there are probably other variables not even being considered outside the biomechanics etc
"

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2018, 08:02:05 PM »
No there are not. There are muscles you can supinate, there are no supinator muscles.

Jesus wept, you are an absolute fcuking idiot.

Thank God for people like you to keep Getbig entertaining.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2018, 08:57:07 PM »
Jesus wept, you are an absolute fcuking idiot.

Thank God for people like you to keep Getbig entertaining.

Hmmm... somebody deleted my earlier post and it looks like Nelson Muntz was referring to it. Gee, wonder who it could have been.  ::)

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2018, 09:44:52 PM »
Hmmm... somebody deleted my earlier post and it looks like Nelson Muntz was referring to it. Gee, wonder who it could have been.  ::)

I was not referring to anyone's post Al, what did you say that was deleted?
"

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2018, 10:41:47 PM »
Here is me with Roelly last year . I was bulked up. And yeah, I was trying to out angle him.

you are a big MOFO - nice work

anymore pics?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2018, 01:07:11 AM »
6 pages on whether changing the angle in which the upper arms in relation to the torso or femur bones in relation to the torso (or the angle of the feet) may affect how a particular muclscle group is stressed?

Is this still a debate?

Changing an "angle" is more about "de-emphasizing" certain areas of a muscle group or placing a particular muscle in a "pre-flexed" position. Nothing more.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2018, 02:26:50 AM »
what matters is results. there, I said it.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2018, 02:30:54 AM »
The only reason you start with your palms facing each other with DBs is because your legs are in the way of  the DBs. If you start with palms facing each other you are using your forearms at the start of the movement and in essence you are doing a hammer curl until the DB is almost at a 90 degree angle then you switch to a pure curl movement and by that point the curl in finished unless you rotate your elbows forward like most people do falsely thinking that you are using your biceps but you are actually using your front delt.

At which range do you think it is best stop the concentric movement?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2018, 02:32:22 AM »
you are a big MOFO - nice work

anymore pics?

That's not 'Parker', but he's still a great person in my book

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2018, 02:37:10 AM »
At which range do you think it is best stop the concentric movement?

Every body, every arm, every rectus femorus, every triceps, every attachment of the lateral triceps head, every sternos, every solely, etc etc etc... Is different, so everybody's movement is gonna be different.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2018, 08:51:40 AM »
No there are not. There are muscles you can supinate, there are no supinator muscles.

yes there is. there's a muscle that does exactly that, supination, and it's called supinator.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supinator_muscle
you don't supinate muscle, the muscle supinator supinates the forearm.
we can make a separate thread about it if you want.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2018, 09:34:03 AM »
yes there is. there's a muscle that does exactly that, supination, and it's called supinator.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supinator_muscle
you don't supinate muscle, the muscle supinator supinates the forearm.
we can make a separate thread about it if you want.

Etymology

The term "supinator" can also refer more generally to a muscle that causes supination of a part of the body. In older texts, the term "supinator longus" was used to refer to the brachioradialis, and "supinator brevis" was used to describe the muscle now known as the supinator.

I was right and partially wrong. You can supinate your foot and the muscles there are not called supinator muscles. But you are correct, there is indeed a muscle called supinator.

Supination – the arch rises and the foot becomes slightly shorter. In a supinated position the foot is rigid and able to act as an efficient lever for walking. The main muscle that causes supination is tibialis posterior and the main muscles that resist supination are the peroneal muscles.

supinator - a muscle that can act to cause a supination movement, e.g. to turn the palm of a hand superiorly or anteriorly is called an supinator.supinate (verb) - For example, the supinator muscle in the lower-arm supinates the hand and wrist.

You were right and partially wrong.

So go ahead and make your thread. It's a draw.

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2018, 11:03:44 AM »
Etymology

The term "supinator" can also refer more generally to a muscle that causes supination of a part of the body. In older texts, the term "supinator longus" was used to refer to the brachioradialis, and "supinator brevis" was used to describe the muscle now known as the supinator.

I was right and partially wrong. You can supinate your foot and the muscles there are not called supinator muscles. But you are correct, there is indeed a muscle called supinator.

Supination – the arch rises and the foot becomes slightly shorter. In a supinated position the foot is rigid and able to act as an efficient lever for walking. The main muscle that causes supination is tibialis posterior and the main muscles that resist supination are the peroneal muscles.

supinator - a muscle that can act to cause a supination movement, e.g. to turn the palm of a hand superiorly or anteriorly is called an supinator.supinate (verb) - For example, the supinator muscle in the lower-arm supinates the hand and wrist.

You were right and partially wrong.

So go ahead and make your thread. It's a draw.

my argument was about whether the muscle named supinator of upper extremeties exists or not. no need for separate thread professor.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2018, 11:23:19 AM »
my argument was about whether the muscle named supinator of upper extremeties exists or not. no need for separate thread professor.

You specifically said, "you don't supinate muscle". Look at your post. I said you do. You didn't specify which muscle, you made a general statement. Therefore, I was right. I was wrong in that I said there was no supinator muscle. Which there certainly is. This muscle acts to supinate and has other functions other than supination.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2018, 11:32:15 AM »
Every body, every arm, every rectus femorus, every triceps, every attachment of the lateral triceps head, every sternos, every solely, etc etc etc... Is different, so everybody's movement is gonna be different.

This. Should be in that Decline thread as well.

Too many people are watching Brignole's videos and even he said that people are misinterpreting alot of what he is saying. I was watching a video where he pointed that out discussing favourable movements for the older crowd.
"

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #140 on: March 25, 2018, 11:53:26 AM »

this is quoted from your post. what i meant was the muscles contract, therefore moves the joints in certain way, in this case supination of wrist. your above post makes it sound like the muscle supinates itself(that's how i read it)perhaps if you said ''there are muscles that supinate..'' then i would've made no argument about it.
and just relax man.... we're talking about tiny little muscle that's not even visible on outside(at least in my 13 inch arms). you're probably bigger and stronger than me and probably more knowledgeable than I from what i read. if you want a victory out of this convo, hey it's all yours... I do however support Vince Basile's supinator machine concept unlike most here.
let's get back to the topic. :)