Author Topic: Charles Glass - Angles to his different parts of muscles  (Read 14667 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Charles Glass - Angles to his different parts of muscles
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »
The barbell curl isn't as effective as dumbbell curls because you can twist the dumbbells on the way up to involve the supination head of the biceps. If you hold the dumbbells closer to the end nearest the body then you will add

additional resistance to the supination movement. Larry Scott advocated doing this.

WRONG!!! Read previous page for the answer. Honestly at your age and someone who claims to have studied the movement of the biceps enough to invent a machine one would think you would realize simple body mechanics.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:18 AM »
what matters is results, my arms were not growing when I was all caught up in chasing the pump, using light weight with perfect form, and then I wondered how come my arms were stuck at 15.5''. Once I understood that high intensity and going heavy, and getting progressively stronger is what really matters, my arms blew up to 20''. also it's important to do heavy cheat curls and stop that nonsense of ''good form'', it's all about getting stronger, form can be a bit sloppy if you truly want to grow, perfect form is nonsense

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2018, 01:12:55 AM »
Correct, in fact when you are doing standing barbell curls your palm is facing the ceiling and your bicep is maximally contracted at that point. It is impossible to turn your wrist any further. People who use Dbs are just using the weight of the DB to bend their wrist in an unnatural position while under the assumption that they are getting more contraction.

Try this. Stand with your arms to your side. Keep your palms facing forward. Now make a fist as if you have a bar in your hands. Keep your arms completely at you sides and as you curl your arms up do not let your elbows lose contact with your body. Now stop half way up so your forearm is at a 90 degree angle. At this point try to turn your wrists outward so your palms are no longer facing the ceiling. As I said earlier you will see that it is impossible. People who use DBs are just letting the outer part of the DB bend the wrist risking injury.

Who said anything about trying to supinate near the finish of the curl? With dumbbells one supinates on the way up and completes the supination when the forearm is at 90 degrees. Ditto with my machine. Start with wrists facing each other then supinate on the way up.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2018, 01:14:59 AM »
Post a pic to prove 20" arms naturally.

Anyway, I think there is merit to trying different angles or as Marty said, sticking to one single exercise. Vince talks about his size and strength but his bodyfat level is that of an obese person or near that. It's much less of an accomplishment than someone who has very low bodyfat through mental dedication to their nutrition. Anyone can be fat with big arms.

Lol. So many experts on Getbig.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2018, 01:33:16 AM »
Who said anything about trying to supinate near the finish of the curl? With dumbbells one supinates on the way up and completes the supination when the forearm is at 90 degrees. Ditto with my machine. Start with wrists facing each other then supinate on the way up.

The only reason you start with your palms facing each other with DBs is because your legs are in the way of  the DBs. If you start with palms facing each other you are using your forearms at the start of the movement and in essence you are doing a hammer curl until the DB is almost at a 90 degree angle then you switch to a pure curl movement and by that point the curl in finished unless you rotate your elbows forward like most people do falsely thinking that you are using your biceps but you are actually using your front delt.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2018, 01:34:28 AM »
You claim to be one but you're no different than anyone else. On steroids, you built a decent physique. Since being off them, you barely (if at all) look like you trained. Not now but for many, many years. That's the real sign of an expert and it says more than all of your blue or purple-colored words do.

It is always refreshing to hear the opinion of a true expert.

Colour is navy.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2018, 01:38:38 AM »
 :-\

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2018, 02:03:45 AM »
Was that in reference to me?

I'll put this question out there: What makes Vince B an expert on bodybuilding? Can anyone actually provide a good argument that of him being an expert? As far as I can tell, he is not.

lol not towards you at all. Towards your buddy Vince.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2018, 02:05:32 AM »
The only reason you start with your palms facing each other with DBs is because your legs are in the way of  the DBs. If you start with palms facing each other you are using your forearms at the start of the movement and in essence you are doing a hammer curl until the DB is almost at a 90 degree angle then you switch to a pure curl movement and by that point the curl in finished unless you rotate your elbows forward like most people do falsely thinking that you are using your biceps but you are actually using your front delt.

Yes, but my handles are not impeded by the thighs. Most workouts result in sore biceps and triceps. DOMS seldom results after using other machines or free weights.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2018, 02:12:11 AM »

Yes, but my handles are not impeded by the thighs. Most workouts result in sore biceps and triceps. DOMS seldom results after using other machines or free weights.

Then just use a bar or do concentration curls  ??? So question, do concentration curls build a peak?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2018, 05:54:37 AM »
Correct, in fact when you are doing standing barbell curls your palm is facing the ceiling and your bicep is maximally contracted at that point. It is impossible to turn your wrist any further. People who use Dbs are just using the weight of the DB to bend their wrist in an unnatural position while under the assumption that they are getting more contraction.

Try this. Stand with your arms to your side. Keep your palms facing forward. Now make a fist as if you have a bar in your hands. Keep your arms completely at you sides and as you curl your arms up do not let your elbows lose contact with your body. Now stop half way up so your forearm is at a 90 degree angle. At this point try to turn your wrists outward so your palms are no longer facing the ceiling. As I said earlier you will see that it is impossible. People who use DBs are just letting the outer part of the DB bend the wrist risking injury.

100% correct. Any movement unnatural in movement is increasing risk of injury.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »

Lol. So many experts on Getbig.

I like you, Vince, but that's a really weak dodge.  It's also fallacious on many levels.

He's correct: measurements don't mean much when someone is fat.  Do you dispute that, or would you continue attacking the man rather than his claim?

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2018, 06:26:20 AM »
I'm willing to share more ''secrets'', I just don't care anymore

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2018, 02:32:55 PM »

And then we have the Bertil Fox way of barbell and DB curling.

[/youtube]

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2018, 02:56:21 PM »

[/youtube]

Yes & then there is Bertil Fox.....

Years ago he trained in my friends gym
A strange character was Bertil very withdrawn
& absolutely awful training form that would destroy
99% of other trainers.

Though it Worked for Him.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »

[/youtube]

lol yeah I've seen these. The boat loads of Dbol helped too.  ;D Quick story for ya. Bertil stayed a friends house years ago during a show. Guess he was slapping his girl around one night. My buddy told him either stop or leave. I guess he liked to beat up on women. Well he obviously graduated to shooting them.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2018, 03:12:42 PM »

Yes & then there is Bertil Fox.....

Years ago he trained in my friends gym
A strange character was Bertil very withdrawn
& absolutely awful training form that would destroy
99% of other trainers.

Though it Worked for Him.

Thought that Branch Warren & Johnnie Jackson trained with sloppy form...

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2018, 05:11:31 PM »
lol yeah I've seen these. The boat loads of Dbol helped too.  ;D Quick story for ya. Bertil stayed a friends house years ago during a show. Guess he was slapping his girl around one night. My buddy told him either stop or leave. I guess he liked to beat up on women. Well he obviously graduated to shooting them.
that's why I don't take steroids. if you think you can take steroids, without hitting women...think again

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2018, 05:17:56 PM »

[/youtube]

excellent form. this is what worked for me, very heavy with ''sloppy'' form and boom, arms blow up. Bertil had bigger arms than perfect form Haney

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2018, 06:24:49 PM »
excellent form. this is what worked for me, very heavy with ''sloppy'' form and boom, arms blow up. Bertil had bigger arms than perfect form Haney

Yes he did have bigger arms

Only Lee has 8 Mr.O wins
& Bertil has a prison cell.

;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2018, 06:53:58 PM »
No actually there's another machine it's called your arm. You put your arm in the supinated position, with the weight in your hand if it's a dumbbell, and you create flexion at the elbow keeping your elbows in adducted. In other words a fucking curl in the supinated position genius.
haha i hate to laugh but vince is a thriving asshole
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2018, 06:54:22 PM »
Yes he did have bigger arms

Only Lee has 8 Mr.O wins
& Bertil has a prison cell.

;D
Thats because sloppy training really doesn't work for back exercises.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2018, 06:59:09 PM »
The barbell curl isn't as effective as dumbbell curls because you can twist the dumbbells on the way up to involve the supination head of the biceps. If you hold the dumbbells closer to the end nearest the body then you will add

additional resistance to the supination movement. Larry Scott advocated doing this.

man stfu bassill lol
i do admire how you invent your own reality but fuck you are stupid... did you hit yourself in the head with a large crescent wrench when u built the machine?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2018, 07:04:28 PM »
vince why do you complicate something so basic as a.barbell curl. do you really suggest that supinating your hand to the nth degree you open up magical secretions of growth?
A

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2018, 07:52:37 PM »
You claim to be one but you're no different than anyone else. On steroids, you built a decent physique. Since being off them, you barely look like you trained, if at all.

With all the talk about training methods and constantly boasting about your arm size, you look like shit. You don't need to post a picture, everyone knows you look like shit and can post a picture as proof any day of the week. You're not a bodybuilder, you were one but not anymore. You just train arms now, once a week. You're no better than anyone else.

Calling yourself an expert? No. I could explain how your biceps technique is wrong but if you haven't worked it out now... you'll never get it.

;D ;D
 ;D ;D