Author Topic: Charles Glass - Angles to his different parts of muscles  (Read 14676 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: Charles Glass - Angles to his different parts of muscles
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2018, 04:40:45 AM »
Just hit the muscle hard from a random angle and save the joints, no need to make it more complicated

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2018, 04:52:52 AM »
He’s actually been giving shit advice for years, especially re: side laterals. He makes clients lead with the pinky finger/internally rotated shoulders which is a known way to quickly cause shoulder impingement. His advice is Bro science.

Yet so many idiots listen to him and pay him outrageous prices

Snake oil salesman at best

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2018, 07:50:45 AM »

The dude from Athlean X videos gives away the same knowledge with much more in depth detail for free.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2018, 08:05:05 AM »
The dude from Athlean X videos gives away the same knowledge with much more in depth detail for free.
Ah, but Charles has been doing this before the Internet. Would be interesting if they both teamed up. Both would lead credibility to the other. One with a Phd, and the other a former gymnast turned bodybuilder.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2018, 09:17:19 AM »

^This. The Athena X guy, however, probably doesn't also supply people with steroids, etc.  ;D

VladimirVersic

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2018, 09:29:11 AM »
Yes. That and mind muscle link together for best results.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2018, 10:06:23 AM »
Ah, but Charles has been doing this before the Internet. Would be interesting if they both teamed up. Both would lead credibility to the other. One with a Phd, and the other a former gymnast turned bodybuilder.

The AthleanX guy doesn't need a drug guru/supplier to lend him credibility.    You simply watch his videos and can tell he knows his shit.  He breaks it down for you in the simplest terms and gives you the science behind it. 

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2018, 10:10:12 AM »
The AthleanX guy doesn't need a drug guru/supplier to lend him credibility.    You simply watch his videos and can tell he knows his shit.  He breaks it down for you in the simplest terms and gives you the science behind it. 
Clientele and popularity, cross over appeal. He did a vid with CT Fletcher, and that gained him popularity.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2018, 11:01:12 AM »
most modern bodybuilders have a lagging chest

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2018, 11:14:26 AM »
When I train, I pretend that my mind is inside my muscle and my mind is feeding my muscle positive thoughts.
X

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2018, 11:29:23 AM »
When I train, I pretend that my mind is inside my muscle and my mind is feeding my muscle positive thoughts.

Make sure you also wear magnetic bracelets and drink an organic intra-workout shake

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2018, 05:45:17 PM »
Esfitness’ trick to doing skull scrushers on on the push down felt awesome.I can’t do regular skulls due to shoulder and the machine one I feel nothing,Also I don’t like lying down to do movements.So I tried leaning over and pressing from my forehead and the pump was great,no shoulder pain and it is great to be able to do a skull crusher again as I think it’s a very important movement.

Thanks Eric.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2018, 07:42:11 PM »

Hahaha ;D

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
Esfitness’ trick to doing skull scrushers on on the push down felt awesome.I can’t do regular skulls due to shoulder and the machine one I feel nothing,Also I don’t like lying down to do movements.So I tried leaning over and pressing from my forehead and the pump was great,no shoulder pain and it is great to be able to do a skull crusher again as I think it’s a very important movement.

Thanks Eric.

Sure thing

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »
you guys mentioning decline pressing, when I do them I have been using a swiss bar lately, like the feel of it
"

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2018, 08:47:49 PM »

A muscle has one function and moves in one direction. ——

A muscle contracts & The Bone or bones moves - Though not necessarily in one direction.

You can't 'hit' it from another angle.  ——

Certainly some exercise can & do stimulate muscles in different areas
Dependent to some degree on the origin & insertion of the muscles.

Not if you are talking about the same muscle. Sure some other muscle are activated as a stabilizers but if you are talking about using the muscle as it is interned to be used you first have to know it's function. Once you know that you will realize that you can not ever hit a different area of that muscle. It's physically impossible.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2018, 12:36:16 AM »
Not if you are talking about the same muscle. Sure some other muscle are activated as a stabilizers but if you are talking about using the muscle as it is interned to be used you first have to know it's function. Once you know that you will realize that you can not ever hit a different area of that muscle. It's physically impossible.

A muscle either contracts or it doesn’t - if you 1st understand that.
Contraction of the muscle fibres is its function to pull on bones via tendons.
Also How else but use a muscle as it was intended ?

Let’s take your view that it is impossible to hit a different area of a muscle

1, pls post your exact workout

2, The countless No. of bodybuilders from novice to top pro’s have Then
Got there training wrong as they include different angles & exercise

3, let’s take Arnold’s chest development- you’re saying his chest would of looked
Exactly the same from only doing say flat DB flyes
Or Tom Platzs thigh development would’ve been the same from doing just leg extensions

You have a interesting view , as did arthur Jones / Mike Mentzer view of doing only 1 set to failure.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2018, 01:44:01 AM »

A muscle either contracts or it doesn’t - if you 1st understand that.
Contraction of the muscle fibres is its function to pull on bones via tendons.
Also How else but use a muscle as it was intended ?

Let’s take your view that it is impossible to hit a different area of a muscle

1, pls post your exact workout

2, The countless No. of bodybuilders from novice to top pro’s have Then
Got there training wrong as they include different angles & exercise

3, let’s take Arnold’s chest development- you’re saying his chest would of looked
Exactly the same from only doing say flat DB flyes
Or Tom Platzs thigh development would’ve been the same from doing just leg extensions

You have a interesting view , as did arthur Jones / Mike Mentzer view of doing only 1 set to failure.

That's a long answer but for lack of time and I will answer more in  depth later. The chest is one muscle the legs are many so obviously require different exercises. As long as you pick an exercise that stresses the muscle in the right direction with no lack of tension due to angle and gravity then yes that is all you need.

Here instead of writing a book lengthen answer watch this and go from there. Doug is probably the most knowledgeable on this subject.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »
That's a long answer but for lack of time and I will answer more in  depth later. The chest is one muscle the legs are many so obviously require different exercises. As long as you pick an exercise that stresses the muscle in the right direction with no lack of tension due to angle and gravity then yes that is all you need.

Here instead of writing a book lengthen answer watch this and go from there. Doug is probably the most knowledgeable on this subject.

It looks like we will have to agree to disagree.

As for Doug - yes he speaks quite a lot of sense
I’ve watched many of his videos & they’re good
Can’t say I learnt anything I wasn’t already aware of.

He’s a refreshing change from a lot of the no nothings
Posting videos.

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »
interestingly enough, while the whole mind muscle connection thing is true, and it's good to have, the main thing to getting huge is not mind/muscle connection, it's getting progressively stronger on all your basic lifts, squat, bench press, deadlift, overhead press, upright rows, barbell curls, barbell triceps extensions, calf raises, etc, your upper body alone will be bigger when you can bench 405 lbs than when you can only bench only 225 lbs

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2018, 01:02:47 PM »

Sucks that he is not of Germanic ancestry

Oh well.....

Sexybeast777

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2018, 01:11:04 PM »

Glass is legit, he wouldn't be making any money if he wasn't delivering results

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2018, 04:45:21 PM »

Surprises me that more bodybuilders haven’t taken notice of athlean x to bring up lagging bodyparts. Using the correct movement through full range of motion  surely would help the aesthetics of the muscle?
Then again, when bodybuilders like Kai insist dips, upright rows etc target the rear delts, maybe we’re expecting too much of said bodybuilders?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2018, 08:30:01 AM »
Surprises me that more bodybuilders haven’t taken notice of athlean x to bring up lagging bodyparts. Using the correct movement through full range of motion  surely would help the aesthetics of the muscle?
Then again, when bodybuilders like Kai insist dips, upright rows etc target the rear delts, maybe we’re expecting too much of said bodybuilders?

Dude.... obviously they all think that using more drugs or insulin is the answer.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2018, 08:58:36 AM »
Decline presses is one of the best movements for the entire pecs if not the best. I just don't like doing them because of the possibility of failing and having a bar on your throat or face. I hate asking for a spot. Most guys start doing upright rows as a spot. Dips are a similar pathway and I use them instead.