Author Topic: Right now.......  (Read 4768 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Right now.......
« on: March 24, 2018, 05:55:45 AM »
I just entered the gym to work back. This will be my back workout:

Wide Grip Chins
Incline Dumbbell Rows
T-bar Rows
Low Pulley Rows
Underhand Grip Pulldowns
Hyperextension

I don't deadlift because of a past double inguinal hernia.

What would anyone add or takeaway?
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Right now.......
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 06:00:46 AM »

Wide Grip Chins
Incline Dumbbell Rows
T-bar Rows
Low Pulley Rows
Underhand Grip Pulldowns
Hyperextension

Why are you doing a bodybuilding split routine? Are you a bodybuilder? What's your purpose for working out? What is your specific goal?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2018, 06:06:58 AM »
Why are you doing a bodybuilding split routine? Are you a bodybuilder? What's your purpose for working out? What is your specific goal?

Healthy lifestyle is main goal. But I don't lift heavy these days.  I enjoy training. I train lighter. I just like the one body part a day split.

X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 06:12:34 AM »
Healthy lifestyle is main goal. But I don't lift heavy these days.  I enjoy training. I train lighter. I just like the one body part a day split.

Thumb Up  ;)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 06:26:38 AM »
Healthy lifestyle is main goal. But I don't lift heavy these days.  I enjoy training. I train lighter. I just like the one body part a day split.

Ok, just keep in mind there are many other training systems and modalities that keeps lifting fun and fresh vs. your typical split routine. Furthermore, they'll keep the gains coming.

Anyway, with what you have and what you said, you could go in the 12-20 rep range 50-70% of 1 rep max and make it interesting by adding something to the exercises to make it stabilization (core) training. Physioballs, Bosuballs, 1 leg. You can change the tempo on the concentric and eccentric parts of the movement. Theres so many options.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 06:28:22 AM »
Ok, just keep in mind there are many other training systems and modalities that keeps lifting fun and fresh vs. your typical split routine. Furthermore, they'll keep the gains coming.

Anyway, with what you have and what you said, you could go in the 12-20 rep range 50-70% of hour 1 rep max and make it interesting by adding something to the exercises to make it stabilization (core) training. Physioballs, Bosuballs, 1 leg. You can change to temp on the concentric and eccentric parts of the movement. Theres so many options.

Wiggs, actually my concentric and eccentric is extremely slow and controlled, concentrating on the squeeze of the muscle.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 06:29:21 AM »
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2018, 06:31:16 AM »
Wiggs, actually my concentric and eccentric is extremely slow and controlled, concentrating on the squeeze of the muscle.

Superset, trisets, giant sets, German High Volume Training, agonist/agonist.  Limit the time between sets to 30 secs. Etc...

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »
Superset, trisets, giant sets, German High Volume Training, agonist/agonist.  Limit the time between sets to 30 secs. Etc...

I've been resting about 45 seconds between sets.
X

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2018, 06:37:24 AM »
I've been resting about 45 seconds between sets.

I know you said your goal was to be healthy but that's very broad. There's no specific goal you have? Lose 10 pounds of fat mass, gain 5 pounds of lbm, increase VO2 max, etc? Are you lifting to look the same?

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2018, 06:38:31 AM »
Basilee will be proud!!

Relocate/emigrate to penal colony of Botany Bay  8)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2018, 06:44:17 AM »
I know you said your goal was to be healthy but that's very broad. There's no specific goal you have? Lose 10 pounds of fat mass, gain 5 pounds of lbm, increase VO2 max, etc? Are you lifting to look the same?

Mainly for heart health. I was always kind of a perma bulker (but not too bad), but drastically slimmed down the last year. Maybe I'll drop a few more pounds then maintain.
X

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2018, 06:44:32 AM »
Chins and rows all you need

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 06:47:36 AM »

Wide Grip Chins
Incline Dumbbell Rows
T-bar Rows
Low Pulley Rows
Underhand Grip Pulldowns
Hyperextension

whats the goal of this workout? how do you figure you will obtain results from it?
A

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2018, 06:56:42 AM »
Mainly for heart health. I was always kind of a perma bulker (but not too bad), but drastically slimmed down the last year. Maybe I'll drop a few more pounds then maintain.

Cool, that's better. In that case, I'd incorporate strength endurance, meaning multiple sets aka supersets, trisets, minimal rest between sets. I'd also incorporate HIT or interval  cardio. and of course, change your macros. eliminate refined sugar and carbs, increase your essential fats (more omega 3s vs. 6) moderate amount of protein and low GI carbs.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2018, 07:45:33 AM »
Chins and rows all you need

I always do chins and do have two rowing movements in there. I also add barbell rows when I feel like it! Thanks!  :) :)
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2018, 07:47:09 AM »
whats the goal of this workout? how do you figure you will obtain results from it?

There is no particular goal. To keep a strong, healthy, fit back. Nothing more, nothing less.

I enjoy working out, so I do a variety of exercises to avoid boredom. I don't think the above-mentioned back workout will lead to X results in terms of back development.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
Cool, that's better. In that case, I'd incorporate strength endurance, meaning multiple sets aka supersets, trisets, minimal rest between sets. I'd also incorporate HIT or interval  cardio. and of course, change your macros. eliminate refined sugar and carbs, increase your essential fats (more omega 3s vs. 6) moderate amount of protein and low GI carbs.

In terms of diet, I am pretty much there. I rarely eat meat and stick with fruits, vegetables, oatmeal, unrefined carbs (whole grains, legumes, brown rice) , etc, etc. If I do eat meat, its lean chicken or turkey or egg whites and its about 1-3x per week, if that. I have pretty much eliminated all refined sugars and carbs (except for the occassional bowl of ice cream). I do not eat ANY seafood--I hate seafood. I do cardio 4x per week now.

However, maybe ill incorporate more giant sets, super sets, etc--thats always fun
X

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2018, 07:52:24 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2018, 01:45:47 PM »

Wide Grip Chins
Incline Dumbbell Rows
T-bar Rows
Low Pulley Rows
Underhand Grip Pulldowns
Hyperextension

I don't deadlift because of a past double inguinal hernia.  ;D ;D ;D  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? how many sets and reps, how much weight are you using what is your current height and weight...your age all these must factor in before an accurate assessment can be made of your current state
F

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2018, 07:26:32 PM »
There is no particular goal. To keep a strong, healthy, fit back. Nothing more, nothing less.

I enjoy working out, so I do a variety of exercises to avoid boredom. I don't think the above-mentioned back workout will lead to X results in terms of back development.
why not kill 2 birds with one stone , how bout go outside and build something youll keep fit and strong and create something of value.  optimize life. the gym isnt the better choice
A

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »
why not kill 2 birds with one stone , how bout go outside and build something youll keep fit and strong and create something of value.  optimize life. the gym isnt the better choice

Give an example of something of value you built that got you in better shape.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2018, 07:46:56 PM »
Try inverted body weight rows. Put you feet on a bench so your body is horizontal. All the way down and up. Great addition to a back workout. You rarely see these in the gym.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2018, 07:53:58 PM »
More angles!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2018, 08:00:49 PM »
Give an example of something of value you built that got you in better shape.
u can maintain whatever muscle you think u have through manual labor. the faster you work and the longer hours you work the more your body adapts to higher levels of this fitness
A