Author Topic: As early as 1995 Flex Wheeler's kidneys were failing him  (Read 6443 times)

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
Re: As early as 1995 Flex Wheeler's kidneys were failing him
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2018, 08:13:46 PM »
Man had he fallen between 1993 and 1995. He looked so smooth/soft in that pic. I don't know why he could never recapture his 1993 condition?

Kidney damage. Remember he had a hereditary kidney condition. Looked amazing in '92-'93 then it was downhill, although he pulled it together a few times like '96 NOC and '98 Ironman.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2018, 08:49:36 PM »
miss those old FLEX articles..bring me back to my teens

Ha ha  I used to read flex and musclemag regularly when I was a teen and I remember thinking those guys must be pretty smart to write training articles and always be talking in puns and double entendres for interviews. Now whenever I see articles posted from those days, the quotes and interactions always sound like lazy fan fiction. There was another screenshot from some Dorian Yates article in a thread here a few days ago and the quote from Yates sounded so made up to me.   ::)

I think Flex magazine was the worst one. I remember one of those front of the book articles in which "Flex Wheeler " wrote an editorial  about how supportive Joe Weider had been during his accident and how he didn't have to worry about medical bills or getting back on his feet. I think he might have been under contract with weider at the time. Then a year or two later he did an interview with musclemag where he said he never heard from anybody at weider during that time and I think he said they threatened to pull his contract. (It's been two decades, forgive my poor memory)

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2018, 10:33:53 PM »
About the first post .. Flex's 1996 interview

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2018, 10:53:54 PM »
not to mention flex's church footed the bill for his insurance, and he turned around  and hopped back on the shit after he got the transplant, not the most honest thing to do

What a fkn joke. Flex was THE biggest egotistical asshole his entire career, but somehow claimed to be a church going Christian? Give us a break! Can’t really imagine him rocking up to Sunday mass in his spandex, otomix, hardcore rap, expensive ride and Rico McClinton by his side...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2018, 12:16:28 AM »
Ha ha  I used to read flex and musclemag regularly when I was a teen and I remember thinking those guys must be pretty smart to write training articles and always be talking in puns and double entendres for interviews. Now whenever I see articles posted from those days, the quotes and interactions always sound like lazy fan fiction. There was another screenshot from some Dorian Yates article in a thread here a few days ago and the quote from Yates sounded so made up to me.   ::)

I think Flex magazine was the worst one. I remember one of those front of the book articles in which "Flex Wheeler " wrote an editorial  about how supportive Joe Weider had been during his accident and how he didn't have to worry about medical bills or getting back on his feet. I think he might have been under contract with weider at the time. Then a year or two later he did an interview with musclemag where he said he never heard from anybody at weider during that time and I think he said they threatened to pull his contract. (It's been two decades, forgive my poor memory)

From top to bottom, the IFBB was filled with liars. Everyone had a lie to tell.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2018, 12:31:40 AM »
Liars, criminals, schmoes, drug dealers, gays, paper bags, sounds like a great “sport” to indulge in

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2018, 01:05:03 AM »
royalty that would not surprise me one bit,  also flex was not a very big guy pre roids very small actually he had a great structure and blew up  and levmanchild wouldn't suprise me one bit

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 10:45:04 AM »
Kidney damage. Remember he had a hereditary kidney condition. Looked amazing in '92-'93 then it was downhill, although he pulled it together a few times like '96 NOC and '98 Ironman.

When did he start using oil? What year/competition?

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2018, 11:07:54 AM »

Really hard to tell since he probably started slowly. '96 NOC his biceps are looking weird by this point. Arms are lacking cuts, look washed out.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2018, 12:51:36 PM »
It was stated that in 96-97 he took an interest in Chris Clark, the inventor of Synthol. Chris Clark's Guinea pig was apparently Manfred Hoeberl.
ND probably has the pic of Flex with huge calves (esiclene). He is modeling NPC wear with Demayo and Lenda Murray.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2018, 02:44:38 PM »

have to agree it was downhill after 93 he never got into that condition again and tried to play the size game with dorian and ronnie

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2018, 02:50:43 PM »
It was stated that in 96-97 he took an interest in Chris Clark, the inventor of Synthol. Chris Clark's Guinea pig was apparently Manfred Hoeberl.
ND probably has the pic of Flex with huge calves (esiclene). He is modeling NPC wear with Demayo and Lenda Murray.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2018, 02:54:51 PM »

Yep, when your calves  rival your upper arms...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2018, 03:05:19 PM »
Yep, when your calves  rival your upper arms...

Right about the time Shawn accused him of getting implants

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2018, 03:11:48 PM »
Right about the time Shawn accused him of getting implants
Yep. And he said on here (Getbig) he said what he said to get into Flex's head. He didn't know if he did or didn't. And he did get into his head at the time.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2018, 03:21:35 PM »
I’ve met Flex. A few times.

Guy’s a jackass.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2018, 03:26:54 PM »
Chris > flex

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2018, 03:38:02 PM »
Chris > flex
Now Chris literally has the big head that Flex figuratively had.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2018, 03:49:37 PM »
Now Chris literally has the big head that Flex figuratively had.

At least he’s not making any comebacks  ;D

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2018, 05:46:41 AM »
Liars, criminals, schmoes, drug dealers, gays, paper bags, sounds like a great “sport” to indulge in

And all the muscle dependent on weekly injections of drugs.....Sick, sick sport full of posers and degenerates....