Author Topic: Revelation?  (Read 6229 times)

Meta-physical

Re: Revelation?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 03:31:38 PM »
Jesus is meek and humble but He's not the least bit effeminate (in the sense of being "twee" or what have you) or scared of anyone or anything.  He's actually really cool and you guys should try and get to know Him.  He is your best and truest friend, whether you realize it or not.  I love Him and know He's real.

But, carry on with your discussion.  Good-day.

I was just trolling to see if I could get The Scott to go mental, Dan. Don't take any offence, as I wasn't being sincere.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 03:59:22 PM »
Besides trolling because religious threads always go 20+ pages , it doesn't offer them solace & comfort , when people die religious people are grief stricken,brought to tears , etc , etc , why? If they truly believed they are in a MUCH , MUCH better place and they will be reunited with them in a short while why would they be devastated? Going to heaven is like hitting Powerball , Utopia and I will be joining you shortly but why so sad? because the reality is people know death in final and delude themselves into this nonsense. It sounds good on paper.

same observation I've had

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 04:02:38 PM »
I actually think “that” is more correct than “who” here. In terms of person, place or thing, type is more thing than person. But a grammar/semantics expert is needed to break this tie.

https://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2012/09/07/that-who-which/

That or who is fine when referring to a person... who can only be used when dealing with a person while that can be used for things

Purge_WTF

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2018, 06:09:13 PM »
After going through a difficult time, I am sort of rethinking this whole religious thing. To a certain extent, I am envious of people that believe in a higher power, as this offers them solace and comfort during difficult times.

Ive been seriously contemplating the idea that there may be a God.

Thoughts?

https://www.startingpoint.com/blog/how-can-i-start-a-relationship-with-god

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2018, 06:16:34 PM »
I was just trolling to see if I could get The Scott to go mental, Dan. Don't take any offence, as I wasn't being sincere.

Why pray tell, oh ye of little language, would I "go mental".  I'm an Atheist now.   ;D

As for SF and his topic?  How did I put it recently about another (No. Not you!) mental midget here?

Oh yeah...To paraphrase myself - Dude, a mongoloid muslime could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and crap out a better post than this one by SF1900. ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2018, 06:46:52 PM »
Meltdown.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2018, 06:48:18 PM »
After going through a difficult time, I am sort of rethinking this whole religious thing. To a certain extent, I am envious of people that believe in a higher power, as this offers them solace and comfort during difficult times.

Thoughts?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2018, 06:49:23 PM »

Thoughts?

I often think about this when I look at someone like my mother who whole heartedly believes and has comfort in every aspect of her life. Sometimes I feel like you do, whether or not it's just better to take the red pill and buy in so that all is well. Then I also wonder if the reason religious people, not the fanatics, are so happy. Maybe they're right? Search your soul/mind SF.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2018, 06:52:19 PM »
SF1900 should contact Wiggs for advice on mushrooms and contacting his inner self.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2018, 06:56:28 PM »
I often think about this when I look at someone like my mother who whole heartedly believes and has comfort in every aspect of her life. Sometimes I feel like you do, whether or not it's just better to take the red pill and buy in so that all is well. Then I also wonder if the reason religious people, not the fanatics, are so happy. Maybe they're right? Search your soul/mind SF.

There's "religion" and then there's FAITH.  The former is tailor made for fucktards like SF1900.    He has neither a soul nor a mind to search.    If bullshit could bounce, SF would be in orbit.  He's like Jimmy Swaggart, Jim & Tammy Baker and Oral Roberts - Full of himself, i.e., full of shit.

For that matter, he's the same as Wiggs.  

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »
SF1900 should contact Wiggs for advice on mushrooms and contacting his inner self.

He probably smokes his own shit now.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »
Old friend,

I too have always recognised the role of personal faith in helping people overcome tragedy, and agree that those who have it are in some ways fortunate. I don't have it, but arriving at that conclusion wasn't particularly pleasant. I don't have any time for the views of MOS or Tbombz, but I no longer really pay much attention to religious debates in general (unless I feel like trolling). There's a need to challenge it in many cases, but if the goal is to improve our overall quality of life then there's more pressing issues to devote our time to. I have enjoyed reading many contemporary atheist works, but it's really nothing that I haven't already read in Voltaire, Bakunin, Paine, Russell, and many others who were expressing their thoughts at a time when they faced real costs in doing so.

I really would enjoy bullying Jesus, though. You can just tell that he was one of those effeminate types who always threatened to get his dad on you at school, and would always back down from a fight by claiming that 'it's just not worth it', when really it's because he knew he'd get emasculated in front of everyone.
Young Jesus apparently withered a boy, killed a teacher, and wasn't scared of his earthly dad.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2018, 07:13:11 PM »
Just got done praying.
X

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2018, 07:14:22 PM »
Just got done praying.
Dick pics on the way.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »

Would love to search our souls together!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2018, 07:20:56 PM »

Wiggs is a good dude!
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2018, 07:22:12 PM »
Young Jesus apparently withered a boy, killed a teacher, and wasn't scared of his earthly dad.

Apparently, God made a mess of retards too, many of which post here. And therein lies the difference between an Atheist and an atheist.  It is the same contrast one sees in a Christian and a christian.  The former of both sides of the coin are confident in what they choose to think and/or believe.

SF1900 is a canard made flesh.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2018, 07:25:01 PM »
Wiggs is a good dude!

Oh, tee hee.  You are as predictable as Hillary Clinton and probably wear the same pants suits.   

*SNICKER* 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2018, 07:28:59 PM »
Meltdown.
X

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2018, 07:38:14 PM »
Meltdown.

It's not just an act with you.  You really are a dumbfuck.   What a wonderful economy with language you have.  The gift of divine speech is a waste on you.  Even Koko the gorilla that learned sign language is more human(e) than you. 

Your mind is full of shit and no one want to change that diaper.   What a manlet. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2018, 08:07:56 PM »
Meltdown.
X

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2018, 08:10:53 PM »
God made a mess of retards too, many of which post here.

god did not make tards (who would lol). tards r the result of sin.. an abomination. in the beginning there were no tards (tho eve could technically qualify as a type of tard, being female)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2018, 08:12:24 PM »

Threw a mean fuckin' on Mary Maggs too!

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2018, 08:31:48 PM »

Thoughts?

I cannot tell if you are being serious, but anyway.

I was a christian when I was a kid, then I was an atheist at 17 years old. Then I went through some very, very hard times, and the idea of having a god looking after me comforted me. I was a christian again.

Nowadays I consider myself agnostic. I don't know if there is a god, but I recognize religions are bull$hit. I can't fool myself into thinking the bible is reliable, I just can't. My 140 IQ won't let me do that (just kidding, I don't know what my IQ is lol).

I would never try to turn religious people into atheists. I think that christianity (and the likes) keeps people away from nihilism. It's much harder to do that if you're an atheist or agnostic.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2018, 09:29:20 PM »
There's "religion" and then there's FAITH.  The former is tailor made for fucktards like SF1900.    He has neither a soul nor a mind to search.    If bullshit could bounce, SF would be in orbit.  He's like Jimmy Swaggart, Jim & Tammy Baker and Oral Roberts - Full of himself, i.e., full of shit.

For that matter, he's the same as Wiggs.  

dude, you need to chill