Author Topic: Has Trump Trumped Jesus?  (Read 3126 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Has Trump Trumped Jesus?
« on: May 10, 2018, 09:52:03 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/trump-has-never-sought-forgiveness/index.html

All you good bible believing Trump supporters, how do you reconcile Trump not bringing god into the equation and he hasn't done anything to ask forgiveness for wrongdoing even though it is common knowledge he has?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Has Trump Trumped Jesus?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 04:51:17 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2015/07/18/politics/trump-has-never-sought-forgiveness/index.html

All you good bible believing Trump supporters, how do you reconcile Trump not bringing god into the equation and he hasn't done anything to ask forgiveness for wrongdoing even though it is common knowledge he has?

Did you even read this piece of propaganda?   ::)

"I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

Trump said that while he hasn't asked God for forgiveness, he does participate in Holy Communion.

"When I drink my little wine -- which is about the only wine I drink -- and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed," he said. "I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 05:10:43 PM »
Did you even read this piece of propaganda?   ::)

"I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

Trump said that while he hasn't asked God for forgiveness, he does participate in Holy Communion.

"When I drink my little wine -- which is about the only wine I drink -- and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed," he said. "I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

I did.. and nothing he said indicates he has any idea about the Gospel, and the basics of Christianity. In fact, it opposes the basic premise of Christianity

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 05:29:02 PM »
I did.. and nothing he said indicates he has any idea about the Gospel, and the basics of Christianity. In fact, it opposes the basic premise of Christianity

A basic tenant of Christianity is repentance, which means turning away.  That's exactly what he said he does.  This is stupid.  Especially coming from an atheist.  Why do you care?  You don't believe in God or "the Gospel." 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 05:42:56 PM »
A basic tenant of Christianity is repentance, which means turning away.  That's exactly what he said he does.  This is stupid.  Especially coming from an atheist.  Why do you care?  You don't believe in God or "the Gospel." 

The basic premise of Christianity is that all humans have sinned, all fall short of the glory of God. You can't "turn away from sin,", you can't be "good enough" to get into heaven. Asking forgiveness and humbling yourselg to god is one of the two main tenants. The other is accepting Jesus as your personal savior. Trump says ""I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad." which flies in the face of Christianity. He is saying that he does no wrong, therefore he doesn't need to ask for forgiveness. Don't just take my word for it, ask around

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
The basic premise of Christianity is that all humans have sinned, all fall short of the glory of God. You can't "turn away from sin,", you can't be "good enough" to get into heaven. Asking forgiveness and humbling yourselg to god is one of the two main tenants. The other is accepting Jesus as your personal savior. Trump says ""I like to be good. I don't like to have to ask for forgiveness. And I am good. I don't do a lot of things that are bad. I try to do nothing that is bad." which flies in the face of Christianity. He is saying that he does no wrong, therefore he doesn't need to ask for forgiveness. Don't just take my word for it, ask around

Wrong.  The definition of repentance includes turning away from sin. 

One of the main tenants of Christianity is not judging people.  I know you like to use Google to look up Bible verses.  Look that one up.  Perhaps it will help you stop judging Trump and the people who support him.  Especially since you seem to be so interested in Christianity. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 06:33:15 PM »

One of the main tenants of Christianity is not judging people.  I know you like to use Google to look up Bible verses.  Look that one up.  Perhaps it will help you stop judging Trump and the people who support him.  Especially since you seem to be so interested in Christianity. 

OK, I see you are in an area you aren't all that knowledgeable about.. I think our conversation on this has gone as far as it can.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 06:38:05 PM »
You've gone so far antiTrump that you're bashing him about whether or not he's asked for forgiveness.
LMAO!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 06:42:28 PM »
You've gone so far antiTrump that you're bashing him about whether or not he's asked for forgiveness.
LMAO!

I'll type slow so you can follow... Trump carries the Evangelicals. Yet he isn't a christian. You can tell he is not because of his life, and because when asked, he obviously didn't have the faintest idea what Christianity was. That he says he doesn't do anything to ask forgiveness for says it all. It was a simple question, all he had to do was say yes, I ask god for forgiveness like any christian would.. yet he could not bring himself to do it. But his followers are willing to pretend just about anything because he currently has an "R" after his name

Oh.. I forgot... LMAO!  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
OK, I see you are in an area you aren't all that knowledgeable about.. I think our conversation on this has gone as far as it can.

You are such a fraud.  Every time you get backed into a corner you declare the conversation over.  Friggin poser.  lol.  Go find a local church and take some Bible studies. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2018, 06:53:05 PM »
I'll type slow so you can follow... Trump carries the Evangelicals. Yet he isn't a christian. You can tell he is not because of his life, and because when asked, he obviously didn't have the faintest idea what Christianity was. That he says he doesn't do anything to ask forgiveness for says it all. It was a simple question, all he had to do was say yes, I ask god for forgiveness like any christian would.. yet he could not bring himself to do it. But his followers are willing to pretend just about anything because he currently has an "R" after his name

Go back to Google and find Bible verses that talk about judging people. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 06:53:50 PM »
LMAO!

Right?  Agnostic has a pretty severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »

WTF? Are you high? Nobody cares if he asks for forgiveness, his religious ideologies had no impact on why I voted for him. If other were concerned with his Christianity then let them speak out, but you? Come on, you're just bitching to bitch at this point.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2018, 09:14:07 PM »
WTF? Are you high? Nobody cares if he asks for forgiveness, his religious ideologies had no impact on why I voted for him. If other were concerned with his Christianity then let them speak out, but you? Come on, you're just bitching to bitch at this point.

Yeah, you're probably right....

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2018, 12:55:24 AM »

Unless they have :

A different skin color
A different sexuality
A different gender
A different political opinion
A higher level of compassion and/or empathy

Otherwise, "one of the main tenants of Christianity" is often the one most ignored.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 02:34:05 AM »
Not Allowed: "Abusive Ad-Hominem", meaning: No insults, name calling, or personal attacks (personal meaning at other posters) what so ever or Blatant baiting/bagering to get an angry response

Another way to put it(suggested from a poster):  "Personal attacks are not allowed. You can make your points effectively without attacking others posting on here."

Failure to follow this rule will lead to a ban.

Thank you.

Covfefe. Be best.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 06:36:43 AM »

You and TinHat Man are the fake news of this forum  :)
K

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 06:49:03 AM »
Yep, a lot of Christians did not vote for him because of his may/may not be Christianity but because of his stances on issues that are important.

Actually, my Facebook feed blows up with Christians constantly bashing him, etc. Better alternative then Hillary and has shined a spotlight on several conservative/Christian events and ideas. No idea what their problem is. We can't elect Jesus. Seems to have done more to further religious freedoms then other presidents would have done that they have voted for in the past.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 07:50:59 AM »

Do you really believe that's the criteria Christians use on voting for a presidential candidate, or are you just trolling?

Trump promised to fight abortion, keep transgender kids out of the wrong bathrooms and fill the U.S. courts with die-hard conservative judges.  Trump picked a devote Christian as his vice president, and Trump isn't diabolic Hillary.  These alone are more than enough reasons for Christian American citizens to vote for Trump instead of Hillary.

Have you asked Orthodox Jews the equivalent on why they voted for and support Trump?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2018, 05:43:37 PM »

Are Catholics considered Evangelicals?
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2018, 06:37:25 PM »
Are Catholics considered Evangelicals?

ask one

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2018, 06:42:00 PM »
a

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »
Lol... typical

yeah.. I could probably tell you and you could probably come up with a flippant remark and we would be right here at square one. So yeah.. you got the answer you deserve Yamcha

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2018, 09:40:00 PM »
Unless they have :

A different skin color
A different sexuality
A different gender
A different political opinion
A higher level of compassion and/or empathy

Otherwise, "one of the main tenants of Christianity" is often the one most ignored.

“Rev” Al Sharpton and “Rev” Louis Farrakhan come to mind

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2018, 03:34:55 AM »
TDS post reported