Author Topic: Competition question-  (Read 1125 times)

bcsig

• Getbig I
Competition question-
« on: April 13, 2006, 07:47:14 AM »
Hi all,

Just looking for some input for peeps about training and feelings associated with it.  I am trg for a competition in June- level one- first time competing- although I have been training for about ten yrs now- My question is, and I'm sure that I am on the right track with the answer, however, since this is my first time getting rdy for a competion I would like some peer support.

As mentioned earlier, I have been diligently working out, trying to pace myself without over trg. Yesterday my body was just fatigued, no energy and just wanting to eat eat eat... my intake of water was down as my body just didnt want to consume the regular amounts of h2o that I usually have during the day and eve- IN fact last night I did not awake once to urinate- where the standard for the last three and half weeks has been at least three times a night. 

So I have listened to my body by taking three days off from the gym- this will be day two- with cardio on day three- had a good nite sleep- and feeling better today-

In some of my readings I have come across some possible effects behaviourally that one may go through due to lack of carb intake- was feeling somewhat moddy as well yesterday...

Anyone else experience similar behaviours?  I'm sure it was just my body saying...Whoa slow down...but...any support would be appreiceated...

Thanks,

Dan

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
Re: Competition question-
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 08:30:20 AM »
Lack of carb intake definately can change your mood.  During the first phase of your diet do not completely get rid of carbs.  You need them do it gradually.  And water is a must!!!!