Author Topic: insomnia cure....  (Read 12190 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: insomnia cure....
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2018, 04:51:10 PM »
Lots of beta males in here that can’t sleep

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2018, 08:34:31 PM »
Ain’t got time for that shit!

In all seriousness, I always figured once I got married I would start slowing my life down, working less, enjoying life more...and I have done all those things...but as my my last several sleep studies I still have severe insomnia.

Bench

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2018, 08:43:15 PM »

OK "Bev"  ::)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2018, 09:01:47 PM »
I worked Mids for 10 years. Put tin foil on my bedroom windows.. it sucks, but that's the life we choose.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2018, 10:49:11 PM »
I worked Mids for 10 years. Put tin foil on my bedroom windows.. it sucks, but that's the life we choose.

ill give it a shot.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2018, 11:07:51 PM »
What's your work load like? Mine is brutal and I suffer from insomnia as well. I'll get up to take a piss and can't shut down my brain. Sometimes if it's around 4am I'll just go to the gym. It makes the fucking day brutally long though. It's just like the song by Greenday or how Edward Norton explains it in Fight Club.

Deep red light in bathroom, don't turn on the normal light during sleep periods.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2018, 12:44:12 AM »
5HTP with chamomile. Thank me later.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2018, 12:56:51 AM »
also linden tea with honey before bedtime can help

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2018, 04:41:52 AM »
thank you. I will start weening off. have you ever worked the night shift? do you now?

I have never worked a night shift but yeah, I used to start getting really tired around 2pm in my desk job and that was with heavy heavy caffeine abuse.

That never, ever happens any more that I no longer have shitloads of caffeine.

Ween and come completely off.  Come back to it when you're sure you've sorted it out.  You might find that you no longer enjoy the feeling of caffeine buzz.  I know I do not, any more.

Also, responding to a few people - I don't have insomnia, I can drink a coffee and go to sleep  - I have a different problem.  Something to do with feeling utterly drained by strong caffeine.   Like completely deadheaded, low energy.  Really bad.  

I recently experimented with modafinil.  Even at a quarter tablet at 9am, I was absolutely fucked by night time.  Mentally just destroyed.  I worked like a demon all day, though.  Wasn't worth the cost, though.  One thing is for sure, you don't suggest to an insomniac to take the drug they use for narcolepsy ;D

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2018, 07:31:03 AM »
5HTP with chamomile. Thank me later.

5htp , melatonin, gaba,  zembrin, magnesium, etc. all nothing. I can quadruple the dose and feel nothing.
Zilch.

"having a hard time sleeping" is not the same as the insomnia that comes from working graveyard. dihyphendramamine is also a joke.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2018, 07:38:45 AM »
I have never worked a night shift but yeah, I used to start getting really tired around 2pm in my desk job and that was with heavy heavy caffeine abuse.

That never, ever happens any more that I no longer have shitloads of caffeine.

Ween and come completely off.  Come back to it when you're sure you've sorted it out.  You might find that you no longer enjoy the feeling of caffeine buzz.  I know I do not, any more.

Also, responding to a few people - I don't have insomnia, I can drink a coffee and go to sleep  - I have a different problem.  Something to do with feeling utterly drained by strong caffeine.   Like completely deadheaded, low energy.  Really bad.  

I recently experimented with modafinil.  Even at a quarter tablet at 9am, I was absolutely fucked by night time.  Mentally just destroyed.  I worked like a demon all day, though.  Wasn't worth the cost, though.  One thing is for sure, you don't suggest to an insomniac to take the drug they use for narcolepsy ;D

hate to be cliche but the way ed Norton described it in fight club. never really awake, never really asleep etc. too tired to think straight but can't sleep. The insomnia started before the the stimulants. I take modafinil to vet through my shift. and I take ALOT..... When I first started modafinil the Dr. prescribe me half a pill. I took it at 2pm and took a nap til 4pm. felt nothing.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2018, 10:42:13 AM »
pot is the only effective, non toxic and moral choice... allowing one 2 prescribe their own schedule while getting sleep at any time

pot will prolong your lifespan

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2018, 02:29:24 PM »
Reading a pellius long winded post is a sure cure for insomnia.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2018, 03:57:11 PM »
pot is the only effective, non toxic and moral choice... allowing one 2 prescribe their own schedule while getting sleep at any time

You already mentioned this already

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2018, 04:09:04 PM »
You already mentioned this already

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2018, 04:31:08 PM »
been working graveyard shift for past 10 years. it's a bitch. bouts of insomnia come and go and I've never found a good cure for it. I've tried natural and rx medication nothing works just ride it out until sleep returns.  Ambien is a god aweful drug. Haven't slept in days worst case I've ever had. Any suggestions?
weed legal state?
A

SamuelR

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2019, 02:54:59 AM »
 I personally have been suffering from chronic insomnia and often go 2-4 days with no sleep at all. CBD oil is my all.  I have read here that CBD oil has been helping many people to improve their sleep. I have also noticed it helps me overcome stress at work. Though I take it on occasion not regularly.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2019, 05:14:38 AM »
Cut all caffeine / stimulants

Tough for a few weeks.. then much much better for stuff like this.

Don't go cold turkey though or you'll have massive headaches.  Slowly reduce caffeine intake over 2 weeks. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2019, 05:23:34 AM »
Best cure for insomnia is a good nights sleep.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2019, 05:46:08 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2019, 06:18:49 AM »
Worked crazy shifts for years. Now as I age I can't seem to sleep over 6 hours. When I do sleep 8 hours I feel fantastic. It would be better if I didn't have a wife that was a bed hog and snored like a train. During my career working life I remember crazy stuff like waking ups at 4AM to drive in for my day shift for four days then leaving my house at 7PM to work night shifts. 8 days in a row. Other times working 10P to 6A and having a boss tell me we need you to stay till 2 PM.  I think it shaved years off my life with the other stress involved.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2019, 06:22:36 AM »
I work swing shifts switching back and forth from nights to days. I bought an elliptical.  A half hour on that, pop a melatonin, drink some sleepy time tea, shower then I'm out.

Also helps when I put on background noise on  youtube of something like thunderstorm, or waterfall.

Read 'why we sleep'. I'm way better of not taking any sleeping pills. I also keep my room as cool as possible. 50-55 now that its winter.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2019, 07:09:11 AM »
I work swing shifts switching back and forth from nights to days. I bought an elliptical.  A half hour on that, pop a melatonin, drink some sleepy time tea, shower then I'm out.

Also helps when I put on background noise on  youtube of something like thunderstorm, or waterfall.

Read 'why we sleep'. I'm way better of not taking any sleeping pills. I also keep my room as cool as possible. 50-55 now that its winter.

That book puts me to sleep.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2019, 07:44:19 AM »
Worked crazy shifts for years. Now as I age I can't seem to sleep over 6 hours. When I do sleep 8 hours I feel fantastic. It would be better if I didn't have a wife that was a bed hog and snored like a train. During my career working life I remember crazy stuff like waking ups at 4AM to drive in for my day shift for four days then leaving my house at 7PM to work night shifts. 8 days in a row. Other times working 10P to 6A and having a boss tell me we need you to stay till 2 PM.  I think it shaved years off my life with the other stress involved.

I sincerely hope the $ you earned & your pension in retirement will & have
Been worth the trade off.
We only get one go at this life business & it’s a tough juggle at times to
Make the best alll round decisions.

lilhawk1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: January 10, 2019, 07:55:23 AM »
I take modanifil. it's pretty good to overcome effects of poor sleep. Also I am subject to steroid testing. Would MK 677 trigger a positive result?

Modafinil is a great drug.  I have it prescribed for sleep apnea, and daytime sleepiness.  MK 677 is pure junk. If you want to turn into a water balloon go ahead and use it.  Peptides, MK 677 are all junk that is touted as giving GH like effects.  So, why not invest in good quality pharma GH, problem solved.  No MK 677 won't test positive for steroids.