Author Topic: What's Your Favorite 70's Rock  (Read 12805 times)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
Re: What's Your Favorite 70's Rock
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2018, 08:52:20 AM »

Nah...Maybe your were thinking of the shut-in half brother of Hendrix.  Timmi Hendrix.   ;D

Yeah exactly, that guy who made that song 'All Along the Hump Tower'

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2018, 08:54:11 AM »
Must be a low carb thing, TB

Ahh, gotcha.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2018, 09:13:18 AM »
Ahh, gotcha.

Or it must be the subject of this thread. I mean, most of those fossil rock stars are boring as fuck to listen to :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2018, 09:20:11 AM »
I'm a bit out of my depth in a Rock thread, but I've found myself listening to these guys - live performances only, mind you - many, many times since I 'found' them last year.  I put 'found' in quotes as I'm sure that as usual everyone else in the world was there before me...

T

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2018, 10:04:07 AM »
Zeppelin
Thin Lizzy
UFO
The Outlaws

Hatchet
Rory
UFO
Motorhead
Rush

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »
Look at what is on these lists, and think about what Rock is today. :'(

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
Look at what is on these lists, and think about what Rock is today. :'(

Don't be so bitter my friend. There are tons of great artists today in all kinds of genres, BUT... most of them don't get the airplay they deserve in the regular media.

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
Zep was great but then Boston was too.  Either way, great music.  

mr scott where you down with van halen, with diamond david lee roth.

btw kiss licked asshole one of the most overated bands of all time

oh , btw mr scott , according to some of his training partners, mike mentzer loved to blast led zeppelin in his car  on the way to golds gym before his workouts.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2018, 10:52:12 AM »
The Eagles:

Tough question but I’ll agree with James and go with the Eagles.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2018, 03:16:05 PM »

oh , btw mr scott , according to some of his training partners, mike mentzer loved to blast led zeppelin in his car  on the way to golds gym before his workouts.

Van Halen with Roth was great!  Never knew that about Mentzer and it just adds to his greatness as a trainer and bodybuilder!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2018, 04:38:29 PM »
Don't be so bitter my friend. There are tons of great artists today in all kinds of genres, BUT... most of them don't get the airplay they deserve in the regular media.
I'm not bitter just stating facts. Have to have Satellite radio or download apps to hear anything decent. Rock as we knew it in the 60's 70's 80's 90's early 2000's does not exist anymore. I love many genre's of music. It's for the most part cookie cutter overly computerized commercial crap.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2018, 04:57:21 PM »
I'm not bitter just stating facts. Have to have Satellite radio or download apps to hear anything decent. Rock as we knew it in the 60's 70's 80's 90's early 2000's does not exist anymore. I love many genre's of music. It's for the most part cookie cutter overly computerized commercial crap.

No duhh, because change is the only constant (Heraclitus). In other words, the music back then was also different from earlier music. The thing is that most people, esp the older generations can't deal with the concept of change. Gladly, there is the computerized commercial internet, so there's an answer for those who can't adapt to change.
Commercial you say? Well, most mentioned artists in this thread were 'commercial' as well since not a single one of them is unknown to any of us ;)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2018, 05:51:46 PM »
If you want to throw in solo artists:

Springsteen
Bob Seger
Steve Miller
Tom Petty

Solid

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2018, 06:31:13 PM »
That song fucking sucks (like all TB songs do)

Beatles are the best and most influential band of all time and won a Grammy in 1971 for that album. The song as it was on the album sucked with Phil Spectors shit, but the regular version is good. Beatles rule, phat asses drool. Fuck your kitchen too  ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2018, 10:29:04 PM »
I'm a bit out of my depth in a Rock thread, but I've found myself listening to these guys - live performances only, mind you - many, many times since I 'found' them last year.  I put 'found' in quotes as I'm sure that as usual everyone else in the world was there before me...

I was a fan when they were still performing. I've seen them live and saw Chuck Negron just last year. Incredible voices, great string of hits.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2018, 10:32:31 PM »

While I understand it is your opinion and not really backed up by any stats, I will side with the 100 million plus album sales, the fact their 1996 reunion tour broke records for that year and that they can still fill an arena if they want means they earned their stripes...

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2018, 10:35:33 PM »
Beatles are the best and most influential band of all time and won a Grammy in 1971 for that album. The song as it was on the album sucked with Phil Spectors shit, but the regular version is good. Beatles rule, phat asses drool. Fuck your kitchen too  ;D

3 facts my friend,

1. 'Best' is very subjective (some folks call Chillep Heath the 'best' bodybuilder).
2. TB was NEVER a rock band, they were a pop band.
3. If your mom didn't had a kitchen, then you wouldn't be there.

Thank you

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2018, 11:13:47 PM »
Don't think anyone has mentioned The Who yet.  John "The Ox" Entwistle and Keith "The Loon" Moon were the best part of the band as far as I'm concerned (may they both RIP).  They played bass and drums like lead instruments with Pete Townshend keeping it all together on guitar.  And the energy of their live shows was unmatched.

I suspect the Who is much like Zeppelin and even the Stones, People can righty assume they are already included when it comes to discussing great bands.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2018, 11:42:30 AM »
While I understand it is your opinion and not really backed up by any stats, I will side with the 100 million plus album sales, the fact their 1996 reunion tour broke records for that year and that they can still fill an arena if they want means they earned their stripes...

Can't really endorse anything after Animalize, probably ('84), but Alive is fantastic. Probably the best live rock record I own. Alive II's pretty damn good, too, as well as the studio stuff leading up.

Wheels came off in the 80s, trying to compete with the younger hair bands and such. Some truly embarrassing stuff, no way around it. Churning out garbage ever since.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2018, 08:22:42 PM »
Can't really endorse anything after Animalize, probably ('84), but Alive is fantastic. Probably the best live rock record I own. Alive II's pretty damn good, too, as well as the studio stuff leading up.

Wheels came off in the 80s, trying to compete with the younger hair bands and such. Some truly embarrassing stuff, no way around it. Churning out garbage ever since.

Alive
Alive II
Destroyer
Love Gun
Rock and Roll Over

A few songs after that, but didn't care for the albums.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2018, 08:55:36 PM »
Alive
Alive II
Destroyer
Love Gun
Rock and Roll Over

Am I just weird?  I love their '80s stuff with Vinnie Vincent (and later on, Bruce Kulick), from 1982's Creatures of the Night to 1992's Revenge.  It seemed more musically sophisticated, kind of like Sabbath with Dio vs. Sabbath with Ozzy.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2018, 09:01:08 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2018, 09:11:08 PM »
Am I just weird?  I love their '80s stuff with Vinnie Vincent (and later on, Bruce Kulick), from 1982's Creatures of the Night to 1992's Revenge.  It seemed more musically sophisticated, kind of like Sabbath with Dio vs. Sabbath with Ozzy.

I don't know about weird. Its all personal preference. One of my favorite Kiss songs is Young and Wasted by Eric Carr. 

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2018, 10:41:46 PM »
Alive
Alive II
Destroyer
Love Gun
Rock and Roll Over

You already knew, see?

Also, Creatures of the Night ('82); first without Ace, and first legit 'heavy' album.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2018, 09:09:06 AM »
You already knew, see?

Also, Creatures of the Night ('82); first without Ace, and first legit 'heavy' album.

Am I the only KISS fan who loved "The Elder?"