Re: Zane
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
imagine what zane wouldve looked like if he had done steroids

too bad he was afraid of needles

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2018, 12:35:51 PM »
I spent a day putting a photo of Frank on a beach here in Australia. I sent a copy to Frank. He returned it unopened saying he didn't accept mail from people he didn't know! He was at my home in Manly years ago with Robert Nailon. Guy is a jerk.

which is a bigger jerk move?

A. Return a letter or packet unopened explaining why
B. Dump the packet or letter in the trash without giving it a thought

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2018, 12:51:32 PM »
which is a bigger jerk move?

A. Return a letter or packet unopened explaining why
B. Dump the packet or letter in the trash without giving it a thought

agnostic what if zane had wiped his ass, and then sent the pic back ? would that have been even more rude ?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2018, 12:53:55 PM »
what if zane wouldve booked a flight to australia, went up to vince in person and said "dont you send me any letters you hear!"

now that wouldve been rude

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2018, 12:58:15 PM »
agnostic what if zane had wiped his ass, and then sent the pic back ? would that have been even more rude ?

That sounds a lot like Option D

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2018, 01:00:25 PM »
what if zane wouldve booked a flight to australia, went up to vince in person and said "dont you send me any letters you hear!"

rather lets schmoe this up a bit, zane flies to australia goes up to vince, strips down to his under pants, oils up poses and then goes dont send mail to me  im frank zane 3 time mr olympia, i choose who sends me mail !

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2018, 01:08:54 PM »
rather lets schmoe this up a bit, zane flies to australia goes up to vince, strips down to his under pants, oils up poses and then goes dont send mail to me  im frank zane 3 time mr olympia, i choose who sends me mail !

no wonder vince is bitter, i bet thats what really happened!

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #57 on: June 20, 2018, 02:00:16 PM »
???

rhetorically.... suppose he never won the Olympia he'd still be a great bodybuilder.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2018, 02:07:53 PM »

Compulsive behavior disorder.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2018, 02:30:32 PM »
mike mentzer was ripped off against zane at the 79 olympia,

zane was always jealous mentzer sold more books and made more money than him as well

Mentzer never had the dryness and asthetics. The man owns this pose.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:29 PM »
Zane and Haislop

I zoned in on the woman first.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
This is comedy gold  ;D

this was also in the box

"

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 06:22:11 PM »

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 07:36:30 PM »
mike mentzer was ripped off against zane at the 79 olympia,

zane was always jealous mentzer sold more books and made more money than him as well

I doubt Mentzer ever had Zane money.

Zane had book, tapes and Zane Haven in Palm Spring.

Mentzer was said to be drinking his own urine while hanging around Venice in the '80s.

When he died, he was renting a little apartment and needed his brother Ray to live with him so that they could afford the rent.

Success and the name Mentzer never went hand-in-hand.

That really sucks ........   Ferrigno would have opened it and thank you for it

WooOSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Then send you back a bill for twenty bucks.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2018, 10:23:27 PM »
Maybe Vince forgot to write "Mr. Canada".

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2018, 10:33:30 PM »

Mentzer was said to be drinking his own urine while hanging around Venice in the '80s.

When he died, he was renting a little apartment and needed his brother Ray to live with him so that they could afford the rent.

Mentzer was at one time the highest paid writers for Weider. His courses and tapes sold way more than Zane. Did Zane even have courses and tapes? During that era. I followed bbing very closely during that time and never came across anything that was peddled by Zane. And that whole Mentzer drinking his own urine was absolute bullshit that was spread by those who hated him. And Zane Haven? What about it? Who went there? What makes your think it was a cash cow? I can call my house Pellius Haven but it doesn't mean it's some big attraction. Mentzer had his troubles which is well documented but both did well financially as bbers which is a huge accomplishment in itself.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2018, 11:32:05 PM »
In Frank's resume .....

"Frank’s life has been one of continuous achievement. Training with weights for over 60 years, he has won all of bodybuilding’s highest titles, even defeating Arnold Schwarzenegger for Mr. Universe. You might say he is bodybuilding’s most highly educated champion."

There are a few bodybuilders with a PhD degree so I don't think Frank can claim he is bodybuilding's most highly educated champion.

Read the interview with Dr Lance Dreher. He talks about Joe Weider and judging, etc.

http://bodybuilding-mauritius.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-conversation-with-world-bodybuilding.html

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2018, 01:07:13 AM »
Mentzer died a broke drugged / smoking / sickly lunatic.
Zane is still going strong w/ many books, his squat machine (he just ordered 200 more to be built and sold the 1st 100 pre-orders) his training biz at his home gym is still going strong, etc.

I would say "Zane for the win". and his wife is beautiful...

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2018, 01:11:34 AM »

Mike was making very good money at various points in his life.

He also contributed more than Zane ever could by attempting to properly describe the theory of hypertrophy - rightly or wrongly. Alongside  Arthur Jones, Mike had the biggest impact on trainers going back to the drawing board to ask themselves whether they really needed to spend hours on end in the gym.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2018, 01:22:40 AM »
I guess youve never read any of Zanes 30 books PJim? Thats all he talks about is how to build muscle.
Mentzer just jumped on Art Jones band wagon because it was popular, he already build his physique the old school way when he was peddling that nonsense.
Same w/ Dorian...

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2018, 01:43:17 AM »
I guess youve never read any of Zanes 30 books PJim? Thats all he talks about is how to build muscle.
Mentzer just jumped on Art Jones band wagon because it was popular, he already build his physique the old school way when he was peddling that nonsense.
Same w/ Dorian...

I'm aware of his contribution, but Mentzer was a much more gifted writer IMO.

Again, Dorian was doing the exact opposite of what most bodybuilders were doing during his era. He was training 4 days a week on average with minimal working sets and still managed to pushed the envelope in terms of pure mass.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2018, 03:32:06 AM »
And you sound quite dense. I am not comparing myself to Zane. I have the right like anyone else here to voice my opinion about him.

Zane is still slim & athletic  :)

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2018, 03:48:22 AM »
Mentzer was at one time the highest paid writers for Weider. His courses and tapes sold way more than Zane. Did Zane even have courses and tapes? During that era. I followed bbing very closely during that time and never came across anything that was peddled by Zane. And that whole Mentzer drinking his own urine was absolute bullshit that was spread by those who hated him. And Zane Haven? What about it? Who went there? What makes your think it was a cash cow? I can call my house Pellius Haven but it doesn't mean it's some big attraction. Mentzer had his troubles which is well documented but both did well financially as bbers which is a huge accomplishment in itself.

great post pellius, there are a few morons on here, mentzer was being paid 150 k a year by weider to help run the magazine, zane was getting paid 5 k  a year by weider to win the mr olympia !

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2018, 04:09:07 AM »
Zane is still slim & athletic  :)

Zane, Arnold, and Franco, have all lost most of their large muscle size. Mere shadows of their former selves.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2018, 04:16:34 AM »
Zane, Arnold, and Franco, have all lost most of their large muscle size. Mere shadows of their former selves.

Once off the sauce they turned back into Bruce Banner.