Author Topic: Zane  (Read 22372 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Zane
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 11:19:11 AM »
;D
              imagine what zane could have done if he had used the suplinator.. :o :o :o :o :o the sky's the limit.
F

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 11:59:19 AM »
zane was a shit bodybuilder.. swimmer on gear.. frail physique... just look at his back.. no width.. pipe cleaner arms..

Zane will forever be remembered as a greek statute. You, on the other side, will be forgotten as soon as you enter retirement.
What have you done in life, besides talk shit and do drugs?

pkaz

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 06:08:30 PM »
Has Zane ever talked about his drug cycle?

Remember, Frank Zane was known and called "The Chemist" back in the day. Spoke with him many times in World Gym Santa Monica. He was ok. Hard trainer but not that strong.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 06:25:35 PM »
I spent a day putting a photo of Frank on a beach here in Australia. I sent a copy to Frank. He returned it unopened saying he didn't accept mail from people he didn't know! He was at my home in Manly years ago with Robert Nailon. Guy is a jerk.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 07:38:52 PM »
Frank had a great physique ... of its type.

Was never much of a fan, though. Guy is too hippy-dippy for my taste.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 08:43:33 PM »
Sure Zane looked good. I doubt he deserved 3 Olympias, though. Lots of political crap over the years in the IFBB.

You sound like a scorned woman. Can’t remember the qualifiers back then but I’m pretty sure you didn’t qualify for the Olympia or even come close. Know your place. Comparing you to Zane isn’t your place.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 08:52:28 PM »
Zane

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:52 PM »
You sound like a scorned woman. Can’t remember the qualifiers back then but I’m pretty sure you didn’t qualify for the Olympia or even come close. Know your place. Comparing you to Zane isn’t your place.

And you sound quite dense. I am not comparing myself to Zane. I have the right like anyone else here to voice my opinion about him.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 10:16:18 PM »
And you sound quite dense. I am not comparing myself to Zane. I have the right like anyone else here to voice my opinion about him.

Actually I’m probably just as or more informed than you about past and present bodybuilding, training, diet, etc than you are, as a matter of fact, I know it. Throw in “hypertrophy” as well.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 10:19:43 PM »
I spent a day putting a photo of Frank on a beach here in Australia. I sent a copy to Frank. He returned it unopened saying he didn't accept mail from people he didn't know! He was at my home in Manly years ago with Robert Nailon. Guy is a jerk.

This explains your bias and ultimately eliminates  you from any comments

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 10:44:31 PM »
Overrated and egotistic to boot.

Vince, who do you think was better during his era. I think Mentzer was better than he was in '79 but who would you have given the O to in 77 and 78? If Ferrigno stayed in bbing after Arnold retired he would
have dominated the scene. He would have destroyed Franco and Zane.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 12:24:57 AM »

Haha owned by Zane

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2018, 04:46:40 AM »
Vince, who do you think was better during his era. I think Mentzer was better than he was in '79 but who would you have given the O to in 77 and 78? If Ferrigno stayed in bbing after Arnold retired he would
have dominated the scene. He would have destroyed Franco and Zane.

One of the factors that affected who won bodybuilding contests was newsstand appeal. Apparently more copies of magazines were sold if they had a white guy or woman on the cover. So Arnold was preferred over Sergio because he made more money for the magazines. Makes us wonder why Sergio was banned from the IFBB around the time that Arnold was at his peak. Sergio was still superior to everyone else when Arnold retired in 1975. He probably could have won in 1980 had he been allowed to compete.

Zane had Robby Robinson to compete against. Mike Mentzer represented a different method of training and that has to be considered when reviewing contest results.

Remember that Joe cleverly had the judges score the posedown. This was his way of getting 'errant' judges to change their votes. They also had a system where divergence in judging was considered that the judge wasn't accurate. If you voted for someone other than the winner you wouldn't be invited to judge again.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2018, 05:36:57 AM »
Sports with judgmental scoring are prone to corruption.

Like the Olympics.

BSN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2018, 05:46:58 AM »
Zane and Haislop

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2018, 05:59:20 AM »
Zane and Haislop
   haislop brought up his upper body later on to match his legs.
F

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2018, 06:03:47 AM »

This is comedy gold  ;D

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2018, 06:21:11 AM »

Outstanding photo work Vince, you really have great skills. Frank has changed on the mail thing (email) I wrote an article for his "Building the Body" magazine, and he accepted it from me without knowing me (at the time).

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2018, 07:45:04 AM »

That really sucks ........   Ferrigno would have opened it and thank you for it

WooOSHHHHHHHHHHHH

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2018, 08:23:29 AM »
That really sucks ........   Ferrigno would have opened it and thank you for it

WooOSHHHHHHHHHHHH
damn now you owe him 20$
p

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
VINCE, I don't know the dates in which Zane returned those photos, but I believe that he has not been well lately, so if those photos wee returned recently, there may be  a valid reason.

I have not spoken with nor seen Frank nor Christine in the past 12 years and his medical condition as stated above is most likely only a RUMOR, so sdon't place any validity in what I said above.

I only recall that both Frank and Christine were extremely well liked and polite individuals and I cannot picture him acting in the manner in which you stated without some valid reason.

Frank is at an age where forgetting some things in the past is relatively common.

I noticed that about Larry Scott also a year or two before he passed away.

I cannot think of any other reason why he would act that way.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2018, 11:24:14 AM »

this does really prove your bias. obviously chose that picture because Zane looks fantastic there. Now you call him overrated because of personal differences. I agree he's arrogant but he was a great bodybuilder. even if he never won the Olympia. he looked incredible  from 77 to 83.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2018, 11:59:24 AM »
this does really prove your bias. obviously chose that picture because Zane looks fantastic there. Now you call him overrated because of personal differences. I agree he's arrogant but he was a great bodybuilder. even if he never won the Olympia. he looked incredible  from 77 to 83.

???

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2018, 12:09:08 PM »
mike mentzer was ripped off against zane at the 79 olympia,

zane was always jealous mentzer sold more books and made more money than him as well

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
I met him too and got the same impression. Smug is a very good word, but it could just be that he is somewhat of a social misfit and if so that is giving him a compliment.

mr disgusted that is very interesting,  he always came off to me as an asshole, he talked shit about menzter after mike died as well, fuck zane the lil cock roach