Author Topic: Jeremy Buendia made a stunningly accurate observation  (Read 7333 times)

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Jeremy Buendia made a stunningly accurate observation
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:19:55 PM »
Men's physique and bikini are far more popular than bodybuilding these days, hence they generate the most revenue.

Many "pros" took offense, some might even say umbrage, to this and went on a series of instagram rants.
Sergio Oliva Jr. is about on par with Buendia in terms of maturity, which allowed for a entertaining read.

The sad fact is that bodybuilding, as it was, is dying a slow painful death.
Classic physique is not helping.

Did anyone see the NPC Jr. Nationals bodybuilding line up?
There were like 5 people in some classes, and 0 people in the lightweights.
Could not have been more than 40 competitors.

Classic, bikini and mens physique easily had more than 125 each.
This is where the revenue is.
Little boy Beundia sees it, its funny how many "pros" don't

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Jeremy Buendia made a stunningly accurate observation
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 06:21:41 PM »
Who cares what the women beater has to say

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 06:37:07 PM »
Men's physique and bikini are far more popular than bodybuilding these days, hence they generate the most revenue.

Many "pros" took offense, some might even say umbrage, to this and went on a series of instagram rants.
Sergio Oliva Jr. is about on par with Buendia in terms of maturity, which allowed for a entertaining read.

This has been stated on Getbig well before Genius Suburbia made this observation. Wiggs has stated this many times. So have others. Even former pro Paul Dillett has capitalized on this with his league.
The guys with the better genetics go to physique or other leagues---guys like Donte Franklin who have better genetics than most of the IFBB pros competing, is not an IFBB pro. That should tell you something.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »
This has been stated on Getbig well before Genius Suburbia made this observation. Wiggs has stated this many times. So have others. Even former pro Paul Dillett has capitalized on this with his league.
The guys with the better genetics go to physique or other leagues---guys like Donte Franklin who have better genetics than most of the IFBB pros competing, is not an IFBB pro. That should tell you something.

I never heard of Franklin before. I just looked him up. holy shit this guy has the best genetics since flex wheeler.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
I saw this going on yesterday. I follow Sergio Oliva on instagram and I've been tempted to start a living thread about how much of a basket case he is. He's not as well-known as Phil Heath, which is fortunate for him, because Oliva's antics put Heath to shame. He has a massive meltdown every few days.

In this particular case, I don't know who was "right". Like you said, both have a propensity to be dicks. From a factual standpoint, I've gone on record here saying I don't believe classic and physique are really a threat to open. I think the larger number of competitors in those classes has more to do with the fact that you can get ready for a show in a short period of time and be competitive.

I saw an interview with Regan Grimes after he decided to do classic instead of open at the NY Pro like the day before the show.He says what I've said a few times in the past about how training is less intense and the ceiling on the progress you can make is frustrating for competitors. He moved to that class because it was less competitive.

(comments start at 10:00)

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 06:58:12 PM »
He moved to that class because it was less drugs use .

FIXED

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 07:01:52 PM »
FIXED

No, he came back from Kuwait with the intention of doing physique or classic but changed his mind and wanted to continue doing  open. The day of or the day before the show, his guru told him  he should switch over to classic.

Which kinda highlights a point I was making in one of these previous threads: if he was training for open and then ended up winning classic, then classic's not necessarily "safer"  due to different drug protocols.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
"NOLAN" Franklin .... an amazing success story with US Army combat experience.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 07:03:40 PM »
to add to this, a veteran of the sport Dexter Jackson threw his 5 cents into the ring with a proposal sure to backfire

separate mens physique Olympia and mr Olympia into 2 different shows and see which one sells more tickets.

If this were to happen, Dexter would lose even more money to the physique guys, sadly.

Dexter can't seem to understand the overwhelming dominance in participation in mens physique over bodybuilding on the amateur ranks translates to more $$$ made by mens physique. It is a simply progression to the pros.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:04:10 PM »
No, he came back from Kuwait with the intention of doing physique or classic but changed his mind and wanted to open. The day of or the day before the show his guru told him  he should switch over to classic.

Which kinda highlights a point I was making in one of these previous threads: if he was training for open and then ended up winning classic, then classic's not necessarily "safer"  due to less drug use.

The training and diet are exactly the same ,the only difference is the amount of drug use

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 07:06:31 PM »
The training and diet are exactly the same ,the only difference is the amount of drug use

He specifically says that  the thought of doing classic decreased the intensity of his training.

How could the amount of drug use be different is he didn't decide to drop down to classic until the day of the show?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 07:08:12 PM »
you are right about sergio jr.
that guy seems to be really on edge. he should get off social media. doesnt take much to upset him.

I saw this going on yesterday. I follow Sergio Oliva on instagram and I've been tempted to start a living thread about how much of a basket case he is. He's not as well-known as Phil Heath, which is fortunate for him, because Oliva's antics put Heath to shame. He has a massive meltdown every few days.

In this particular case, I don't know who was "right". Like you said, both have a propensity to be dicks. From a factual standpoint, I've gone on record here saying I don't believe classic and physique are really a threat to open. I think the larger number of competitors in those classes has more to do with the fact that you can get ready for a show in a short period of time and be competitive.

I saw an interview with Regan Grimes after he decided to do classic instead of open at the NY Pro like the day before the show.He says what I've said a few times in the past about how training is less intense and the ceiling on the progress you can make is frustrating for competitors. He moved to that class because it was less competitive.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 07:10:20 PM »
I never heard of Franklin before. I just looked him up. holy shit this guy has the best genetics since flex wheeler.
And he's not in the IFBB. Imagine if guys like him, Ullisses Jr, Simeon Panda, and Chul Soon competed in the IFBB?

BTW, Sev said that he had better genetics than Donte Franklin.

&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 07:11:45 PM »
He specifically says that  the thought of doing classic decreased the intensity of his training.

How could the amount of drug use be different is he didn't decide to drop down to classic until the day of the show?
Bullshit have you ever seen Heath or Dexter training ? 0 intensity  ,he did classic because he wasn't big enough for the open ,he needed more drugs.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 07:13:07 PM »
you are right about sergio jr.
that guy seems to be really on edge. he should get off social media. doesnt take much to upset him.

He actually left social media when his wife split with him.  He came back because his sponsor dropped him and his first post back was blasting his sponsor for not supporting him through thick and thin, so he probably has to stay on social media to keep his new sponsor.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
Bullshit have you ever seen Heath or Dexter training ? 0 intensity  ,he did classic because he wasn't big enough for the open ,he needed more drugs.

I don't even know what you're arguing here. We could go back and forth with hypotheticals, but  I'm giving you specific examples of what he said and what he did.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 07:44:29 PM »
I don't even know what you're arguing here. We could go back and forth with hypotheticals, but  I'm giving you specific examples of what he said and what he did.

He's lying. No back and forth needed. 100% all about the amount of drugs.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 07:55:15 PM »
I’m going to start my own federation, with a thicc girls division, and a total ban on male thongs, also better darker lighting. I can see it now..

Jayel

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 07:55:49 PM »

Do it man - Sergio is a fkn lunatic and needs to be outed!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 08:25:14 PM »

So I guess you read Oliva’s IG post today where he #YouGetLessMoneyBecauseYouTrainHalfYourBody

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 08:35:20 PM »

Yes and no

In Jeremy’s case he used to be a bber, couldn’t cut it, didn’t have the genetics to be one, that’s what he was chasing, to be a BODYBUILDER

Made the decision to switch over to men’s physique, smart thing to do and the rest is history

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 09:12:48 PM »

Yes and no

In Jeremy’s case he used to be a bber, couldn’t cut it, didn’t have the genetics to be one, that’s what he was chasing, to be a BODYBUILDER

Made the decision to switch over to men’s physique, smart thing to do and the rest is history

I actually wanted to hit on this point in a previous post, but I got... sidetracked. The guys who do well in physique and classic tend to look more impressive under specific conditions. Their genetic potential wouldn't necessarily translate to open, and the restrictions in their divisions  and their curated instagram profiles kinda exaggerate how "genetically elite" they are.

These pics are recent from sergio oliva instagram.  Look at the difference between the open competitor vs the physique/classic guys. (The black guy is steve laureus, up and comer) They both look like works of art when they are alone, but they almost look like regular gym rats standing next to an open competitor. That's why there are so many physique competitors. The barrier to entry is so low. That doesn't mean there are more spectators or more prize money.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 11:20:49 PM »
I actually wanted to hit on this point in a previous post, but I got... sidetracked. The guys who do well in physique and classic tend to look more impressive under specific conditions. Their genetic potential wouldn't necessarily translate to open, and the restrictions in their divisions  and their curated instagram profiles kinda exaggerate how "genetically elite" they are.

These pics are recent from sergio oliva instagram.  Look at the difference between the open competitor vs the physique/classic guys. (The black guy is steve laureus, up and comer) They both look like works of art when they are alone, but they almost look like regular gym rats standing next to an open competitor. That's why there are so many physique competitors. The barrier to entry is so low. That doesn't mean there are more spectators or more prize money.

Yes, that’s correct

All jokes aside The open class requires “better genetics” long term

Not saying men’s physique is easy but it is a lot easier to get in too that classic physique or the open class, that’s obvious

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2018, 12:13:09 AM »

This topic has been discussed about 5000 times already. I’m stunned that you took the time to make a thread about.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2018, 12:16:04 AM »
It’s a lot like car racing with all the different categories
An F1 being at the Top.

Men’s junior novice intermediate ‘Bikini’ & classic classes
And The open Bodybuilding Class at The Top.