Author Topic: EAS Supplement line is now gone... effective June 26th, 2018  (Read 9698 times)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: EAS Supplement line is now gone... effective June 26th, 2018
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2018, 09:54:22 AM »
Looking back at the contest there is no way those guys are clean. The contest wasn't a year it was like 12 weeks wasn't it? Gullible public. Filt.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2018, 10:12:13 AM »

Anthony Ellis is a scumbag but my thing is this....EAS at the time when they were running that contest was advertised in "Muscle Media 2000".   Obviously, most people who read MM2k used steroids.

c'mon VVV dont leave us hanging, why do you think Anthony is a scumbag?
"

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2018, 10:18:44 AM »
Vince what type of advice would you have offered to the EAS parent company (to remain profitable) if they had asked?

Thank you.

EAS actually went out of business when the company to Abbott Laboratories.   When Bill sold it to North Castle, they migrated from the MM2k era to the more "natural physique" era but the products pretty much remained their hardcore integrity.   Once Abbott got ahold of it.....well..."Experimental And Applied Sciences" became "Energy, Athletics, Strength", swag was no longer given out, products were "changed" in order to meet the pricing demands of major retail outlets like Walmart, Walgreens, Target, etc.  

EAS dropped dead in 2004 and its existed since then as a generic brand.   For it to go out of business is meaningless to me.   I do have some great memories...got good swag from them, the original Myoplex was fucking awesome as well as Betagen.    It was easy to get free stuff because the money was just flowing in at the company.   You simply write the company and you'll have a nice box show up at your door.  

BTW, most of the Grand Prize winners did pretty well afterwards and most of them milked their fame to the fullest with some of them getting continued employment with EAS until Bill sold the company.   Other than Anthony Ellis, everyone else operated with some level of integrity.    
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2018, 10:21:59 AM »
c'mon VVV dont leave us hanging, why do you think Anthony is a scumbag?

He was running some sort of paid membership site that I didn't find too honest......not to mention that he failed his polygraph test in  the contest although it really didn't make a difference considering it was at the time when the magazine was promoting steroid.   I just never liked the guy period but he made a shitload of money overall
A

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »
HIV guy likes to get arrested like Groink...

https://arrestfacts.com/Lynn-Lingenfelter-027125

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2018, 10:55:55 AM »
eas was so great at marketing getbiggers still swear by the stuff, decades later

even though, from looking at the ingredients, none of their products were anything special

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2018, 03:28:42 PM »

He was running some sort of paid membership site that I didn't find too honest...

so you must have been a paying member to know this?

what exactly did you find so dishonest about it?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2018, 03:49:54 PM »

You can see it here - http://www.fastmusclegain.com/ . While I never actually saw any of his material, it's an old school "web ring" type fitness site that was popular in the early 2000's. I forget exactly how it worked, but it was popular with a lot of small and medium sized trainers and fitness celebs. You joined it, and it had various similar templates that you put your company name into, then you found yourself endorsing other members, and they, in turn, would endorse you.

For the customer, it usually offered various cookie cutter programs, invitations to join secret forums, and discounts on books and supplements.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »
You can see it here - http://www.fastmusclegain.com/ . While I never actually saw any of his material, it's an old school "web ring" type fitness site that was popular in the early 2000's. I forget exactly how it worked, but it was popular with a lot of small and medium sized trainers and fitness celebs. You joined it, and it had various similar templates that you put your company name into, then you found yourself endorsing other members, and they, in turn, would endorse you.

For the customer, it usually offered various cookie cutter programs, invitations to join secret forums, and discounts on books and supplements.

Bingo, was going to explain it but had to go to work.  Self endorsed bullshit, template fitness plans, etc.  It was just garbage
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2018, 06:39:03 PM »

I was a paying customer to your momma but not to this venture.  She gave some great headache
A

mac33

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: July 02, 2018, 11:30:18 PM »
You guys don`t want to understand that protein powders are mainly from China. You arrange the amount of money you want your "product" to be sold at so they use ingredients for you to be able to sell at the said price. 

You can even buy everything in a package and you just choose your stickers. Practically all of whey does not have source of origin listed or the percentage of it in container. If it is 100% whey it means that the whey that is in it is 100% whey, not the quantity. Like Mcdonalds 100% beef, same deal...

I`m pretty sure people wouldn`t want to buy milk from China and yet, they buy and eat a concentrate from milk of questionable origin and production quality...

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2018, 07:56:52 AM »
I don’t think there has ever been a brand as in demand as EAS was back in the late 90’s. I don’t think that brand recognition will ever be recreated.
T

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2018, 12:35:25 PM »

I was a paying customer to your momma but not to this venture.  She gave some great headache

she said you had a small penis and it could not get hard.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2018, 03:07:07 PM »
she said you had a small penis and it could not get hard.

Keep running your mouth, prag
A