Author Topic: God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story  (Read 31363 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 07:04:45 AM »
Get well Coach.

We wouldn't be the same without ye, we are barely hanging on.
Q

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 07:11:26 AM »
Testosterone replacement has been shown to change the viscosity of blood that led to a statistical increase in stroke and heart attacks. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-warns-blood-clot-risk-testosterone-products-201406247240

Nope, categorically, nothing whatsoever to do with steroids and being overweight. Not a shred of evidence to support such a wild and speculative hypothesis!

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 07:15:13 AM »
Testosterone replacement has been shown to change the viscosity of blood that led to a statistical increase in stroke and heart attacks. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-warns-blood-clot-risk-testosterone-products-201406247240

Therefore the Therapeutic Phlebotomy you get to get rid of excess red blood cells.  If you take finasteride, it can't be used for transfusion, because it would be a catastrophe to give it to a pregnant woman.

Edit: Also relatively young strokes usually come about from atrial fibrillation...irregular heartbeats.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 07:51:14 AM »
The haters will flame and say “me me me” ....But If the message helps, even for the ones that hate me, then so be it.

Coach, since God has sent you a message, in the form of a stroke, how will you respond to him?  Will you be changing your lifestyle?  Discontinue TRT/PED?   ???

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 08:20:13 AM »
Cardio and diet keep my bp in check. Coach, hat backwards and sleeveless shirt. :-[
T

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »
The haters will flame and say “me me me” ....But If the message helps, even for the ones that hate me, then so be it.

Couldn't pronounce your "S" & "P's"? Must have made it harder to get you man to Stick his Penis in your ass or ask to Smoke Pole

In all seriousness, I walk in your footsteps on this one as I too view this as a message from God. You've got everything to live for
(wife, sons and more I hope.) Glad you heard the message.

J

P.S. Now, post something else so I can hand you your ass - as I always do.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 09:14:09 AM »
Glad you're ok, but kick all stims ASAP. Cut out all sugars as well.

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 09:17:18 AM »
Glad you're ok, but kick all stims ASAP. Cut out all sugars as well.
True, the guy was taliking up a preworkout earlier this week. Guy in his 50’s using preworkouts, dumb.
T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 09:19:11 AM »
I`m glad that you`re OK Joe...........all the best buddy!  :)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 09:22:33 AM »
True, the guy was taliking up a preworkout earlier this week. Guy in his 50’s using preworkouts, dumb.
Nobody should be using stims, absolutely horrible for your system in numerous ways. Adrenal, CNS, blood pressure, depletion of electrolytes.  If you are too tired to train, that is your body telling you theres something wrong or you need more rest or better nutrition.

Kawanake

• Getbig II
  • Alex23.
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2018, 09:31:03 AM »
Nobody should be using stims, absolutely horrible for your system in numerous ways. Adrenal, CNS, blood pressure, depletion of electrolytes.  If you are too tired to train, that is your body telling you theres something wrong or you need more rest or better nutrition.

Including adderall?

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2018, 09:36:57 AM »
Including adderall?
Pharmaceutical meth...lol.
T

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 09:37:55 AM »
Including adderall?
Never used it, if you have to use something to give you energy thats a big problem and probably have some kind of underlying issues. Food should be providing you and giving you all the fuel your body requires. 

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »
limit ur steroid intake 2 10mg of anavar, 5 days a week

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2018, 09:49:25 AM »
How are you even being prescribed trt if you have high bp?

Kwon3

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2018, 10:43:58 AM »
I want ConservativeCoach to weigh in.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »
I appreciate ALL of the advice and concerns, this being said I want to honestly address this and what I think and what the Doctor thinks what might have led up to this event.

There were a lot of possible factors to consider. But first thing is first and that it was MY FAULT that I came off of the meds that I should have been on in 2014 on my own. At that time I had finished my prescriptions of Lisinopril and Lovastatin and in or to get my refills I had to go back for another check up and blood test, I pretty much told myself "fuck it, I can control this on my own" especially since my BP was under control and stayed that way for about a year or so. This is what I feel was the biggest mistake leading up to this.

I have always eaten pretty well but In May I decided to take my training and weight loss more seriously. A couple of years ago I switched back to more traditional bodybuilding-type workouts to add leaner muscle tissue and have been training like that ever since. The result without even cutting my calories or manipulating my macros, was being 230-235 with about 15%BF.  A big change back from the power lifting and strength training I was doing before.

This year I decided to take my BW down because I knew to carry this extra weight wasn't good since I'm getting older. As a result, Monday when I weighed at the doc I was 208 in clothes, wife says I hardly snore (apnea subsided), etc. The day that this happened must have been almost the perfect storm. Here is an account of that day.

7:30am - Egg whites, 2 pcs of Ezekiel toast w/butter (fats), Coffee

8-10am train clients

10-11am - Took a client to pick out bumper plates for his home gym.

11:30am - 50grms Whey protein (no carbs, stupid)

12:30-2pm - This where I believe things started to go wrong. 10 mile bike ride

After that I got home, didn't feel right and figured Insulin levels were dropped from the ride and lack of carbs before the ride. Wife said I was sunburned from the ride.

2:30 - Chicken, 1 cup of brown rice (helped a little but not much)

3:30 - Burger/Fries because of feeling like I hadn't eaten all day (a sign/symptom) had a little trouble swallowing and would dribble when I drank.

7pm - Egg whites, brown rice

My feeling is between the low insulin, sunburn/heat, possible dehydration and no meds that might have been what triggered the episode. I had no pre-workout, no energy drinks for three days prior with the exception of coffee. I'm training 5 days per week with 4-5 days of cardio.

But like I stated last year, our business model has changed to only HS, College and Pro athletes and as of last week, they have all gone back to their teams training camps. We do keep our core clientele of the general population BUT, I am still aHS strength and conditioning coach and we are in full offseason prep with about 125 kids 5 days per week with about 30-35hrs plus working on our online training platforms and getting that launches still puts me at about 70hrs per week.

My supps are as follows - 2000mg Fish oil, 1 multi-vitamin, CoQ10, Melatonin

Meds (before stroke) 200mg prop PW, 162mg asprin

Meds After stroke - 40mg Lisinopril, 40mg Lovastatin, 162mg asprin

Side note, I've been taken baby asprin for years. Who knows, maybe thats what saved me? The day it happened I immediately doubled the dose.

Although I won't rule out HRT, it's at the low end of the totum poll when it comes to risk an and even though my doctor was not the one that prescribed it, he agrees that would not have been a contributing factor

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 12:12:47 PM »
I appreciate ALL of the advice and concerns, this being said I want to honestly address this and what I think and what the Doctor thinks what might have led up to this event.

There were a lot of possible factors to consider. But first thing is first and that it was MY FAULT that I came off of the meds that I should have been on in 2014 on my own. At that time I had finished my prescriptions of Lisinopril and Lovastatin and in or to get my refills I had to go back for another check up and blood test, I pretty much told myself "fuck it, I can control this on my own" especially since my BP was under control and stayed that way for about a year or so. This is what I feel was the biggest mistake leading up to this.

I have always eaten pretty well but In May I decided to take my training and weight loss more seriously. A couple of years ago I switched back to more traditional bodybuilding-type workouts to add leaner muscle tissue and have been training like that ever since. The result without even cutting my calories or manipulating my macros, was being 230-235 with about 15%BF.  A big change back from the power lifting and strength training I was doing before.

This year I decided to take my BW down because I knew to carry this extra weight wasn't good since I'm getting older. As a result, Monday when I weighed at the doc I was 208 in clothes, wife says I hardly snore (apnea subsided), etc. The day that this happened must have been almost the perfect storm. Here is an account of that day.

8-10am train clients

After that I got home, didn't feel right and figured Insulin levels were dropped from the ride and lack of carbs before the ride. Wife said I was sunburned from the ride.

3:30 - Burger/Fries because of feeling like I hadn't eaten all day (a sign/symptom) had a little trouble swallowing and would dribble when I drank.

My feeling is between the low insulin, sunburn/heat, possible dehydration and no meds that might have been what triggered the episode. I had no pre-workout, no energy drinks for three days prior with the exception of coffee. I'm training 5 days per week with 4-5 days of cardio.

But like I stated last year, our business model has changed to only HS, College and Pro athletes and as of last week, they have all gone back to their teams training camps. We do keep our core clientele of the general population BUT, I am still aHS strength and conditioning coach and we are in full offseason prep with about 125 kids 5 days per week with about 30-35hrs plus working on our online training platforms and getting that launches still puts me at about 70hrs per week.

Side note, I've been taken baby asprin for years. Who knows, maybe thats what saved me? The day it happened I immediately doubled the dose.

Although I won't rule out HRT, it's at the low end of the totum poll when it comes to risk an and even though my doctor was not the one that prescribed it, he agrees that would not have been a contributing factor

Low carbs or no carbs will not cause a person to have a stroke. Theres tons of carnivorous athletes who train daily years on end with zero carbs. Potentially feeling light headed or dizzy at the beginning of a low carb/no carb diet sure, but stroke no.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 12:20:28 PM »
Low carbs or no carbs will not cause a person to have a stroke. Theres tons of carnivorous athletes who train daily years on end with zero carbs. Potentially feeling light headed or dizzy at the beginning of a low carb/no carb diet sure, but stroke no.

Agreed, but before the ride (at 7:30am, about 5hrs before the ride) calories were only about 300. I had pretty much expended those calories before the ride. I'm not saying that is what caused it, I'm saying it might have been a contributing factor, the first being not taking meds.

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 12:25:43 PM »
Agreed, but before the ride (at 7:30am, about 5hrs before the ride) calories were only about 300. I had pretty much expended those calories before the ride. I'm not saying that is what caused it, I'm saying it might have been a contributing factor, the first being not taking meds.
Stay on your meds and lean out, theres no point of being big at your age, focus on cardio, you'll look and feel much better. Cut out all stims man, let your body normalize caffeine and coffee dehydrates you and raises bp.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2018, 12:28:07 PM »
Stay on your meds and lean out, theres no point of being big at your age, focus on cardio, you'll look and feel much better. Cut out all stims man, let your body normalize caffeine and coffee dehydrates you and raises bp.

Yep, already on it with even more motivation to do so. 208 now, looking at around 200-202 by the end of the month. All great advise

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
what was your hydration like?

deadz

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 12:34:31 PM »

8-10am train clients

What's your hemoglobin and hematocrit numbers? Ever donate blood? No fiber supplement to help control cholesterol? 2000mg of fish oil only, really? What is your estradiol number since you're a habitual gear user? People look to you for health and fitness advice/help, wow, people are desperate.
T

Zillotch

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2018, 12:34:51 PM »
caffeine + aas + bike ride + dehydration = stroke

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2018, 12:35:43 PM »
nice to hear you're doing better.

200mg test/w is not little. That is around 150mg pure test/w in the case of the enanthate ester.

That equals 22mg test/d which is double than what a normal average male produces daily.

Be careful.