Author Topic: Cypress Hill is back with some arab influenced music!  (Read 6168 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Cypress Hill is back with some arab influenced music!
« on: August 14, 2018, 09:24:17 AM »
check it out  8)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Cypress Hill is back with some arab influenced music!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:28:04 AM »
check it out  8)

Don't like it.

This is more like it!
Q

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 09:37:41 AM »
I like Cypress Hill but I don't find anything about Arabs appealing. 

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 12:16:36 PM »
I like B-Real. Even in this song. He has a very unique sound. And he is more masculine than today’s rappers. Ever see the current rappers? They too have become feminine.

Kwon3

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
yeah they tried to reinvent themselves as rap-rock in the late 90s and experimental in the early-mid 2000s plus that cringeworthy What's Your Number love song B Real wrote a while back but their gold records are all from 20+ years ago. I don't see Cypress as relevant anymore or at least not headlining acts at the big shows.

Kwon3

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2018, 12:49:09 PM »
can't beat their third album when you're stoned, though.

Anyway, back to patriotic, pro-Trump music from 30 years ago.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 12:52:07 PM »
yeah they tried to reinvent themselves as rap-rock in the late 90s and experimental in the early-mid 2000s plus that cringeworthy What's Your Number love song B Real wrote a while back but their gold records are all from 20+ years ago. I don't see Cypress as relevant anymore or at least not headlining acts at the big shows.

Now, the members of Cypress Hill have to be around age 50. It’s hard to stay relevant to teens and to people in their early 20’s when you are OLDER THAN THEIR PARENTS

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »
Not digging it, the beat overpowers the song, this German rapper gets the Arab influence right. It should be backing, not in your face -

That being said Cypress is always pretty good.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 01:00:17 PM »
A music artist being influenced by Arabs is like a perfume manufacturer being infuenced by the smell of shit.

Kwon3

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »
Now, the members of Cypress Hill have to be around age 50. It’s hard to stay relevant to teens and to people in their early 20’s when you are OLDER THAN THEIR PARENTS
Oh yeah, I don't know any rappers or rap groups from 1991 (Cypress's debut) who are still doing it today. Ice Cube, Dre, even Eminem pretty much all retired from rap. Gotta let the new generation in.

But CH are still the first and realest latino group that crossed demographic lines and sold out Lollapalooza and other big shows thanks to their music and respect among fans. It's just their time has passed.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2018, 01:43:45 PM »
eminem.

14-15 july 2018.

Twickenham Stadium in London, UK

Shows: 2
Number of tickets: 164,000
Sold out: in 1 hour.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2018, 01:52:01 PM »
Worse than Prophets of Rage....says a lot...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2018, 02:00:45 PM »
Oh yeah, I don't know any rappers or rap groups from 1991 (Cypress's debut) who are still doing it today. Ice Cube, Dre, even Eminem pretty much all retired from rap. Gotta let the new generation in.

But CH are still the first and realest latino group that crossed demographic lines and sold out Lollapalooza and other big shows thanks to their music and respect among fans. It's just their time has passed.
The new gen are mostly talking about pills—oxy, percs, selling drugs, etc, and are generally over the map (It’s a trap).only a few like J Cole and Kendrick Lemar and a couple others don’t really go that route. Bottom line, the new generation of rappers reflects how the Gen X and Y are mired in addictions of many forms.

Kwon3

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2018, 02:04:34 PM »
The new gen are mostly talking about pills—oxy, percs, selling drugs, etc, and are generally over the map (It’s a trap).only a few like J Cole and Kendrick Lemar and a couple others don’t really go that route. Bottom line, the new generation of rappers reflects how the Gen X and Y are mired in addictions of many forms.
the new generation was white hipster with black skin who look and act much cooler than the white kids doing it. But they're not rappers in the strict sense. Personally I like this over regular rap because it's kind of a hybrid of the early days in the sense that they rap about poverty and being trapped in the ghetto, but at the same time they're blinged out and talking about wealth and lambos, like gangsta rap for the late 90s.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2018, 02:10:34 PM »

Hip hop just isn't as wholesome as it used to be.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2018, 02:15:04 PM »
i dont think you guys know a whole lot about hiphop

how can someone claim eminem doesnt rap, when he's selling out more stadiums than any other artist, regardless of genre?

ice cube been performing live every year for at least the last 10 years, with 150+ shows in total

if you dont know what youre talking about, then its probably a good idea to shut up

Kwon3

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2018, 02:18:43 PM »
i dont think you guys know a whole lot about hiphop

how can someone claim eminem doesnt rap, when he's selling out more stadiums than any other artist, regardless of genre?

ice cube been performing live every year for at least the last 10 years, with 150+ shows in total

if you dont know what youre talking about, then its probably a good idea to shut up

Ice Cube discography in the last 12 years (3 albums):

Laugh Now, Cry Later   
Released: June 6, 2006
Label: Lench Mob Records
Format: CD
4   2   46   —   9   63   129   —   33   152   
RIAA: Gold[10]
MC: Gold[12]

Raw Footage   
Released: August 19, 2008
Label: Lench Mob Records
5   1   58   96   14   53   —   —   —   —   

I Am the West   
Released: September 28, 2010
Label: Lench Mob

Eminem discography in the last 12 years (4 albums):

Released: May 15, 2009[69]
Label: Shady, Aftermath, Interscope, Goliath
Format: CD, LP, digital download
1   1   1   1   1   2   1   1   2   1   
WW: 4,400,000[5]
US: 2,363,000[70]
FRA: 69,450[71]
UK: 512,911[38]
RIAA: 2× Platinum[39]
ARIA: Platinum[72]
BEA: Gold[73]
BPI: Platinum[41]
BVMI: Gold[50]
IFPI SWI: Platinum[43]
RIAJ: Gold[74]
RMNZ: Platinum[75]
SNEP: Gold[76]

Recovery   
Released: June 18, 2010[77]
1   1   1   1   1   2   6   1   1   1   
WW: 8,200,000[36]
US: 4,509,000[37]
CAN: 435,000[78]
FRA: 110,000[79]
UK: 900,000[38]
RIAA: 3× Platinum[39]
ARIA: 4× Platinum[80]
BEA: Gold[81]
BPI: 3× Platinum[41]
BVMI: Platinum[50]
IFPI: Platinum[58]
MC: Platinum[44]
RIAJ: Gold[82]
RMNZ: Platinum[83]
SNEP: Platinum[84]

The Marshall Mathers LP 2   
Released: November 5, 2013
1   1   1   1   2   1   10   1   1   1   
WW: 4,500,000[36]
US: 2,244,000[85]
CAN: 365,000[86]
FR: 160,000[87]
UK: 600,000[88]
RIAA: 4× Platinum[39]
ARIA: 2× Platinum[80]
BEA: Gold[89]
BPI: 2× Platinum[41]
BVMI: Platinum[50]
MC: 4× Platinum[44]
RMNZ: Platinum[90]
SNEP: Platinum[87]

Revival   
Released: December 15, 2017[91]

Wow, 2-3 albums in the last 12 years, yeah these guys are clearly in their prime.

Concerts don't mean shit, bands from the 80s still do them yet havent sold an album in 30 years. Record sales are pretty much the only thing that matters.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2018, 02:25:54 PM »

there's no record sales any more, the money is in the touring. in other words, you could not be more wrong.

and when eminem sells out 164 000 seats in minutes for 2 shows, that's money.

Kwon3

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2018, 02:42:24 PM »
there's no record sales any more, the money is in the touring. in other words, you could not be more wrong.

and when eminem sells out 164 000 seats in minutes for 2 shows, that's money.

There's this new invention called the Internet. It lets you download the albums instead of buying them at CD shops. They still grade those downloads the same as record sales. iTunes is one major marketplace where this is done, but there's others like Spotify. Tell Taylor Swift that her multi-platinum album sales aren't real or paying anything. Pretty sure they paid for her mansions and her cars.

Touring is a bonus, it supports an album and is definitely a cash draw, and it helps keep them on the map if they aren't releasing music anymore; but most people who buy their music don't go to live concerts and setting them up costs a fortune (roadies, technicians, security staff, hotels, planes, leasing fees for the venue, ticket sales to Ticketmaster or other providers), which cuts into profits in a way making a record doesn't (other than paying the production staff and giving the label its cut).

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
There's this new invention called the Internet. It lets you download the albums instead of buying them at CD shops. They still grade those downloads the same as record sales. iTunes is one major marketplace where this is done, but there's others like Spotify. Tell Taylor Swift that here multi-platinum album sales aren't real or paying anything.

Touring is a bonus, definitely a cash draw, and it helps keep them on the map in a way, but most people who buy their music don't go to concerts and setting them up costs a fortune, which cuts into profits in a way making a record doesn't (other than paying the production staff and giving the label its cut).

yeah i hard about the internet and what it did with the record industry when people realized they could get music for free. im susprised you havent.

this is going nowhere, you're clueless.

Kwon3

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »

yeah i hard about the internet and what it did with the record industry when people realized they could get music for free. im susprised you havent.

this is going nowhere, you're clueless.

Like I said, people who support the artist don't get the music for free weeks or months after it's released. They buy their albums when they become available through streaming services or download them. This actually makes MORE money for the artist because unlike in the age of cassettes and CDs, there's no need for packaging or distribution costs. Regular CDs are still pressed but in much smaller numbers, which cuts overheads.

The numbers are there for you to look at when you're done being a gimmicky contrarian dipshit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/week-album-sales-taylor-swift-68669

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2018, 02:53:23 PM »
Like I said, people who support the artist don't get the music for free weeks or months after it's released. They buy their albums through streaming services or download them. The numbers are there for you to look at when you're done being a gimmicky contrarian dipshit.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/week-album-sales-taylor-swift-68669

but it doesnt generate the same money for the artist.

in this thread you so far been wrong 100%

you know nothing about rap.
you claim its for young guys.
you claim artists dont tour, or are relevant, or dont sell, or theres no money in concerts.
etc etc

its quite an achivement to get every single thing wrong. makes you wonder how much else youre totally wrong about on getbig, just pulling shit outta your ass.

Kwon3

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2018, 02:54:05 PM »
but it doesnt generate the same money for the artist.

in this thread you so far been wrong 100%

you know nothing about rap.
you claim its for young guys.
you claim artists dont tour, or are relevant, or dont sell, or theres no money in concerts.
etc etc

its quite an achivement to get every single thing wrong. makes you wonder how much else youre totally wrong about on getbig, just pulling shit outta your ass.

That's your perception, but you haven't disproven anything I wrote. Which is classic gimmick behavior, bait & hook. Once I shut you down with links and facts, you've got nothing left but hot air and ad hominems. Same old 2-step. Didn't mention anything about young guys, you came up with that all by your gimmicky self.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2018, 02:56:29 PM »
the new generation was white hipster with black skin who look and act much cooler than the white kids doing it. But they're not rappers in the strict sense. Personally I like this over regular rap because it's kind of a hybrid of the early days in the sense that they rap about poverty and being trapped in the ghetto, but at the same time they're blinged out and talking about wealth and lambos, like gangsta rap for the late 90s.

Pills and automobiles. Gangsta rap fizzled out,  Late 90s brought the Playa/Balla, materialism . Biggie and Puffy talking about money, Lexuses, threesomes, etc. Even The Roots did a satire vid that called this out. This was part time of the “Conscious rap” That has all but disappeared.
[/youtube]

However, I do like how Jacquees is bringing that 90s early 2000s R&B hip hop hybrid, that reminds me of Jodeci.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2018, 02:57:57 PM »
"Concerts don't mean shit, bands from the 80s still do them yet havent sold an album in 30 years. Record sales are pretty much the only thing that matters." - Kwon3

The Richest Artists In the World Make 75%+ of Their Money from Touring

"despite the rise of streaming in the music industry, the richest artists still make the majority of their cash from touring."

"Beyonce took the top crown as the highest-grossing artist of 2016.  She earned a whopping $62.1 million.  From sales alone, she earned $4.3 million. $1.9 million came in from streaming. Another $1.3 million from publishing.  From touring, however, Beyonce earned $54.7 million. This accounts for slightly over 88% of the total amount that she made in 2016."