Author Topic: 2018 Olympia - Can Phil Heath come back to regain the title?  (Read 5529 times)

Kwon3

Re: What can Phil do, drug-wise, to come back and regain Mr O
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2018, 04:25:24 PM »
It's not so much age per se. It's how you hold up. Phil's physique has been on the decline for several years. Look at guys like Jay and Branch, how their quads get smaller, hips appear wider, arms smaller, gut softer. Your body changes with age.

If he's able to get rid of that gut and really make a dramatic improvement in that area then that will definitely catch the judge's eye and he will be rewarded for that.

Not a bad point. But he hasn't grown in the past two years, so he's maxed out in terms of how much size he can put on his frame. Conditioning is the only place he can go back to the top, but he hasn't been the most conditioned on stage in a while. This photo is probably Heath at his very best:

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: 2018 Olympia - Can Phil Heath come back to regain the title?
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 04:26:37 PM »
ShawnRay.Tv Review

Kwon3

Re: 2018 Olympia - Can Phil Heath come back to regain the title?
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 04:28:04 PM »
ShawnRay.Tv Review

Yeah, yeah, we saw it, Shawn. Use the YouTube button and remove the "S" from "https://" to link videos. Unless you're on your phone, then never mind.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: What can Phil do, drug-wise, to come back and regain Mr O
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 05:12:19 PM »
Not a bad point. But he hasn't grown in the past two years, so he's maxed out in terms of how much size he can put on his frame. Conditioning is the only place he can go back to the top, but he hasn't been the most conditioned on stage in a while. This photo is probably Heath at his very best:

You're exactly right. He's maxed out. He really never had a large frame to pack on tons of muscle. It is amazing how far he was able to take it considering his frame.

I think the IFBB really sent a message choosing Rhoden over Roelly. They're going to emphasize conditioning more. If Phil can do it he can be back in the running. But with Rhoden winning it's really opened the door for others. I think everyone standing there in top five has beaten Rhoden at some open in his career. I know if I were Kai I'd definitely be thinking about getting back in the mix. He can downsize a lot and still be bigger than Rhoden. And, unlike Rhoden (arms/back) Kai has it all. Everything is maxed out.

I'm sure the powers that be see the potential of getting Kai back on stage.