Author Topic: How Liberals Prevent Scientific Research Into Race  (Read 1917 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
How Liberals Prevent Scientific Research Into Race
« on: September 19, 2018, 11:45:10 AM »
Up until now the scientific community has claimed that race does not exist and can not be seen at the genetic level.  Further, the left has prevented any scientific research into race by shaming scientist who do research in this area.  Nicolas Wade wrote a scientific book about race titled A Troublesome Inheritance that became a New York Times best seller.  The science of the book is sound, but the left still called him a racist and tried to ruin his career. In an open letter to the New York Times, the book was denounced by 140+ professors of biology and genetics.  In reply, Wade wrote, "This letter is driven by politics, not science. I am confident that most of the signatories have not read my book". Wade added that he had asked the letter's authors for a list of errors so that he could correct future editions of the book.

I've read this book and the only racist thing he said was that race does exist and can be seen in the genes.  Does this come as a surprise to anyone?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: How Liberals Prevent Scientific Research Into Race
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »
This would explain why you see so much self hatred among Leftists. Whenever there’s a disparity of outcomes, they can’t attribute it to race or sex so they are left with racism and sexism.

You saw this recently with Google who fired an engineer because he claimed that the lack of women in Silicon Valley was because women as a group weren’t as good in tech fields.

Liberals would rather bludgeon themselves than state a politically incorrect view.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:20:06 PM »
This would explain why you see so much self hatred among Leftists. Whenever there’s a disparity of outcomes, they can’t attribute it to race or sex so they are left with racism and sexism.

You saw this recently with Google who fired an engineer because he claimed that lack of women in Silicon Valley was because women as a group weren’t as good in tech fields.

He was on Joe Rogans podcast talking about the whole deal.

Peterson and Molyneux discuss it here aswell

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 12:40:45 PM »

At 15:00 he explains why scientist don't talk about race.

At 21:20 he talks about the five primary races.

The scientific research the book was based on is the Human Genome project.  Notice there was no discussion of race from that project.  I wonder why?

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 12:55:22 PM »
In Defense of A Troublesome Inheritance

By Nicholas Wade

Three attacks on my book A Troublesome Inheritance have appeared on The Huffington Post’s blog this month. For readers puzzled by the stridency and personal animus of these compositions, I’d like to explain what is going on.

As I show in my book, understanding the nature of human racial variation lends no support to racism. But such understanding is essential for the simple reason that there is not one story of recent human evolution but at least five different stories, given that the populations on each continent have evolved largely independently of one another since the dispersal from Africa some 50,000 years ago.

By denying the existence of race, social scientists are intimidating biologists from pursuing this path. This is particularly exasperating given the fallacious nature of the belief that race must be denied if racism is to be quelled. The geneticist Theodore Dobzhansky observed, “People need not be identical twins to be equal before God, before the law, and in their rights to equality of opportunity.” Unlike identical twins, we are not all clones. We exist as different races by virtue of our evolutionary histories. The recovery of this history is a legitimate subject of scientific inquiry, and from this advance of knowledge unimagined benefits may accrue.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/nicholas-wade/in-defense-of-a-troublesome-inheritance_b_5413333.html

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 04:40:16 PM »
Libtards are:

1. Delusional
2. Self hating
3. Cucks
4. Violent liars
5. Lemmings...   

Should I keep going? Again, Im not talking old-school Dem's from the 70's/80's, Im talking modern extreme leftists.
Hate him or not, let orange man do his job, your constant attacks are taking away from US safety and prosperity.
Youre anti-american thugs, who cant lick a stamp.

Take your meds for "Trump Anxiety" crawl back into your Ma's pussy hole, and STFU...

You'll get your day again w/ a Black, Muzzy, Female prez soon, dont worry...

Kwon3

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 04:44:08 PM »
Libtards are:

1. Delusional
2. Self hating
3. Cucks
4. Violent liars
5. Lemmings...   

Sounds like the owner of this site.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 03:14:32 AM »

At 15:00 he explains why scientist don't talk about race.

At 21:20 he talks about the five primary races.

The scientific research the book was based on is the Human Genome project.  Notice there was no discussion of race from that project.  I wonder why?

Bookmarked

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 04:57:59 AM »
The problem is even scientific institutions are heavily influenced by societal trends. Anything that is considered politically incorrect or socially unacceptable will not be published or researched even if the science behind it is credible.

This can also be seen regarding other issues such as gender dysphoria and how the WHO (World Health Organization) stopped classifying it as a mental illness. Above anything else, it's likely that this decision was down to pressure from left-wing and influential LGBT groups.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/20/health/transgender-people-guy-considered-mentally-ill-trnd/index.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 05:34:24 AM »
The problem is even scientific institutions are heavily influenced by societal trends. Anything that is considered politically incorrect or socially unacceptable will not be published or researched even if the science behind it is credible.

This can also be seen regarding other issues such as gender dysphoria and how the WHO (World Health Organization) stopped classifying it as a mental illness. Above anything else, it's likely that this decision was down to pressure from left-wing and influential LGBT groups.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/20/health/transgender-people-guy-considered-mentally-ill-trnd/index.html

And when you question these institutions, you’re labeled “Anti-science.”

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 06:00:22 AM »
The other thread about Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens interbreeding, did it get deleted?

Tha Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 06:26:19 AM »
Sounds like the owner of this site.

Pfff...Libtards do what they can to censor the truth to suit their own agenda.

Ron has barely censored anything ever. Only one that comes to mind is any thread putting down BigA or Professional Muscle is deleted immediately for some reason i'm not aware of.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 06:29:13 AM »
The other thread about Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens interbreeding, did it get deleted?
Yeah, kinda like Neanderthals did.

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 06:31:00 AM »

You saw this recently with Google who fired an engineer because he claimed that the lack of women in Silicon Valley was because women as a group weren’t as good in tech fields.

Liberals would rather bludgeon themselves than state a politically incorrect view.
Perfectly stated. A friend was telling me yesterday about how his ultra-liberal wife who worked as a US Attorney had a legal assistant that absolutely refused to work. He’d spend all day on his phone watching videos and would ignore even the smallest requests to make copies or perform research. When I asked why she didn’t complain or have him fired, he replied in code: Well, you know my wife is a bleeding heart and didn’t want to take a job away from someone like him.

I said “I’m reading between the lines here and this sounds a lot like thinly veiled racism”

He began chuckling.

“Are you saying that blacks are lazy and shiftless but that’s okay because they’re oppressed by our white dominated patriarchal society with a history of systemic racism?”

He laughed and replied, “That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying.”

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 06:44:07 AM »
you mean the same way conservatives prevent scientific research into climate change, gun violence, evolution, stem cell research,cbd.. ect ect ect you know, shit that actually matter

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2018, 06:51:51 AM »
you mean the same way conservatives prevent scientific research into climate change, gun violence, evolution, stem cell research,cbd.. ect ect ect you know, shit that actually matter

Does the study and understanding of human genetic code not matter?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2018, 07:00:26 AM »
Yeah, kinda like Neanderthals did.

Up to 6 % of their DNA is still in Caucasians and Asians though.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2018, 07:07:10 AM »
How are they preventing this? I see much more info on this side of the equation then the other side on most of the topics you posted.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2018, 07:09:29 AM »
Perfectly stated. A friend was telling me yesterday about how his ultra-liberal wife who worked as a US Attorney had a legal assistant that absolutely refused to work. He’d spend all day on his phone watching videos and would ignore even the smallest requests to make copies or perform research. When I asked why she didn’t complain or have him fired, he replied in code: Well, you know my wife is a bleeding heart and didn’t want to take a job away from someone like him.

I said “I’m reading between the lines here and this sounds a lot like thinly veiled racism”

He began chuckling.

“Are you saying that blacks are lazy and shiftless but that’s okay because they’re oppressed by our white dominated patriarchal society with a history of systemic racism?”

He laughed and replied, “That’s EXACTLY what I’m saying.”

Classic.

You’re seeing something similar now in San Francisco. They have a huge problem with human feces covering the street but instead of dealing with the people who are doing the shitting they’re hiring more and more people to clean it up.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2018, 07:10:55 AM »

Science used to be about doing work that was socially unacceptable.  Galileo was imprisoned for his work.  

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2018, 07:41:27 AM »

Yes, this is a perfect example of being hypocrites and why do you think this is not something that actually matters.  This is the evolution of man.  Man is still evolving and has been over the last 70,000 years.  In fact, man is evolving faster now than at any time in the last 70,000 years.  Race actually shows how man adapted to different geographic locations.  The genetic story of mans travels across the globe and mans evolution are important and race tells that story quite well.  

The human genome data, which is available to all, tells us man can be categorized into seven primary races.  These are groups of people who share the same genetic patters with some people being a mixture of these primary groups.  The seven primary races are:

African
Caucasian
East Asian
Aboriginal
Native American
Indian
Middle Eastern

This matches how man traversed the planet coming out of Africa.  First to the Middle East, Next to India, Australia, Asia, Europe, and North America.  with each population being geographically isolated.  Incidentilly, the group of people who traveled out of Africa was small, less than 300 people, so all people who are not African are related to that small group of less than 300 people.  

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2018, 07:53:41 AM »

Science used to be about doing work that was socially unacceptable.  Galileo was imprisoned for his work.  

But much in the same way scientists of the past were forced to stay within certain social/political boundaries or risk being persecuted, scientists today can face a similar predicament. While they may not be imprisoned, they can certainly be ostracized.

Look at the negative backlash even Nobel prize winners like James Watson received when he made statements that were seen to be "racist".

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/fury-at-dna-pioneers-theory-africans-are-less-intelligent-than-westerners-394898.html

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2018, 09:35:32 AM »
Pfff...Libtards do what they can to censor the truth to suit their own agenda. Ron has barely censored anything ever. Only one that comes to mind is any thread putting down BigA or Professional Muscle is deleted immediately for some reason i'm not aware of.

I have no issues talking about race and politics.   I do have an issue talking about blatant racism.  There is a major difference.  Being Jewish, saying most Jews from Europe are not as adept in basketball as African Americans is not racist. Although some can play and jump.   Saying all Jews are money hungry people that have big noses - that is racist.  Unfortunately, some people on this board and all around us are racists to the point that they resort to name calling instead of just facts and a plain understanding that almost every person is different than the other, regardless of where they came from.  They do not want people of different colors or religions even near them, regardless of who they are.   I am active and like to go to expos and events, and be respectful and talk to all, regardless of race, religion, color.   And then you meet a racist ... that won't even bother to talk to you, or look at you with disdain because you were born in Israel and are Jewish.  I get it, and frankly, I don't need these people here.  It isn't fair for the people that care about bodybuilding, fitness, discussion. 

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2018, 10:24:10 AM »
But much in the same way scientists of the past were forced to stay within certain social/political boundaries or risk being persecuted, scientists today can face a similar predicament. While they may not be imprisoned, they can certainly be ostracized.

Look at the negative backlash even Nobel prize winners like James Watson received when he made statements that were seen to be "racist".

Charles Murray's response when interviewed about the Bell Curve twenty years later.

Question:
Reflecting on the legacy of “The Bell Curve,” what stands out to you?

Answer:
The reaction to “The Bell Curve” exposed a profound corruption of the social sciences that has prevailed since the 1960s. “The Bell Curve” is a relentlessly moderate book — both in its use of evidence and in its tone — and yet it was excoriated in remarkably personal and vicious ways, sometimes by eminent academicians who knew very well they were lying. Why? Because the social sciences have been in the grip of a political orthodoxy that has had only the most tenuous connection with empirical reality, and too many social scientists think that threats to the orthodoxy should be suppressed by any means necessary. Corruption is the only word for it.

http://www.aei.org/publication/bell-curve-20-years-later-qa-charles-murray/

You can easily find PDF's of the Bell Curve on line if you're interested.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
Yes, this is a perfect example of being hypocrites and why do you think this is not something that actually matters.  This is the evolution of man.  Man is still evolving and has been over the last 70,000 years.  In fact, man is evolving faster now than at any time in the last 70,000 years.  Race actually shows how man adapted to different geographic locations.  The genetic story of mans travels across the globe and mans evolution are important and race tells that story quite well.  

The human genome data, which is available to all, tells us man can be categorized into seven primary races.  These are groups of people who share the same genetic patters with some people being a mixture of these primary groups.  The seven primary races are:

African
Caucasian
East Asian
Aboriginal
Native American
Indian
Middle Eastern

This matches how man traversed the planet coming out of Africa.  First to the Middle East, Next to India, Australia, Asia, Europe, and North America.  with each population being geographically isolated.  Incidentilly, the group of people who traveled out of Africa was small, less than 300 people, so all people who are not African are related to that small group of less than 300 people.  

Really?