Author Topic: Anyone ever come off of Citalopram successfully?  (Read 7831 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: Anyone ever come off of Citalopram successfully?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2018, 08:07:48 AM »
Its a good question. It's just a feeling of stress for no reason. Your mind could be blank yet you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.  You never feel you can catch up with anything.  It's not about sporadic panic attacks either.  It's just a general uneasiness. Always feeling anxious like you're waiting in a long line to nowhere.

Would anti-anxiety medication not be better, with less side effects?

What you described is basically how I feel most days, I thought that was normal  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 11:46:48 AM »
In the old days people just drank heavily, smoked grass, etc.

All natural.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 12:22:20 PM »
Hypochondriacs : DAMN! I haven't heard that word since I left high school. Some of the guys used it to avoid the military.

But got drafted anyway and had to stand in long sick-bay lines just about every day!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 12:56:58 PM »
There certainly is more diagnosis of illness than before.

Kids are readily diagnosed as learning disabled, etc.

In the "old days" a kid (usually boys) who struggled in school would become an auto mechanic or skilled tradesman.

Drugs seek out patients nowadays.

I was one of those kids who didn't do well in school. My teachers told my parents I was easily distracted and underachieving my potential, which was determined by my high IQ scores. These were the days before anyone knew about ADHD, thank goodness. Otherwise, I'd would have been medicated. I only took subjects that interested me in college, where I was an honor student.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
People didn't get depressed until 9/11 happened.

President Kennedy's assassination permanently changed how I felt about things, much like 9/11 did others. I lived in Berlin after WWII, the horror and destruction caused by war was everywhere. Fortunately, I was only five years old which likely lessened the impact.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2018, 01:08:36 PM »
In the old days people just drank heavily, smoked grass, etc.

All natural.

Nothing is truly natural, there are chemicals in everything, including alcohol and marijuana. Alcoholism changes you physically and mentally, sometimes permanently.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2018, 01:24:35 PM »
I was one of those kids who didn't do well in school. My teachers told my parents I was easily distracted and underachieving my potential, which was determined by my high IQ scores. These were the days before anyone knew about ADHD, thank goodness. Otherwise, I'd would have been medicated. I only took subjects that interested me in college, where I was an honor student.
It's criminal what they do to kids now.  We all would have been on meds if we grew up today.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »

Prime do you remember your iq scores?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2018, 02:05:09 PM »
PRIME, Was RITALIN available when you were a kid?

Ritalin (methylphenidate) is used to treat attention deficit disorder

I never honestly took anything stronger than an asperin when I was a kid, but in my 20's I took Ritalin (as suggestd by my coach) and managed to get my first 400 lb bench press.

And that single ritalin tab also smartened up my thinking process for a few hours ... but that all ended when I got stupid again.

Later ... someone made a movie somewhat based on this 'event'.

If I recall right (where's that ritalin?) that movie was called "CHARLY".

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2018, 02:10:16 PM »
I'm amazed how many people are on psych drugs long term. Throw in the insecurity that most bodybuilder types have and it's a bad mix.

Kwon3

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2018, 02:12:28 PM »
Any grown man who needs mind-bending pills to function at a level which billions do every day without them is a pussy and a faġġot who should off themselves for being such a worthless and weak specimen of the human race. Your problems are all in your head. In a world where a lot of people live on less than $1 a day or lost their entire family during bombing raids in war zones, a Westerner with a high-speed Internet connection, a roof over their head, and no bullets to dodge or mines to walk around doesn't need drugs to survive unless they're clinically insane or there's something pathetically wrong in their head.

Women are different. They cry, they panic, they lose control easily and need constant reassurance that it'll be okay. For them, SSRIs are adult milk and cookies. But you? Fuck you. You're a disgrace. If you're going to numb yourself to deal with your problems, at least grow a fucking pair and buy a bottle of whisky or vodka or shoot some heroin. There's no fun in it unless you risk dying, and these pills don't kill you - they just turn you in a mushy sanctimonious transsexual.

Kwon3

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
I'm amazed how many people are on psych drugs long term. Throw in the insecurity that most bodybuilder types have and it's a bad mix.
Most mass shooters were on them prior to shooting. I guess they don't work that well, huh?

It's amazing how the same people that judge those who drink or use cannabis recreationally are on powerful chemical agents prescribed by scam doctors who live in the pharmaceutical industry's pockets. To quote Renton in Trainspotting, these people - millions of them - are, in their own domesticated and socially acceptable way, drug addicts.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2018, 02:40:03 PM »
PRIME, Was RITALIN available when you were a kid?

Ritalin (methylphenidate) is used to treat attention deficit disorder

I never honestly took anything stronger than an asperin when I was a kid, but in my 20's I took Ritalin (as suggestd by my coach) and managed to get my first 400 lb bench press.

And that single ritalin tab also smartened up my thinking process for a few hours ... but that all ended when I got stupid again.

Later ... someone made a movie somewhat based on this 'event'.

If I recall right (where's that ritalin?) that movie was called "CHARLY".

I've tried Ritalin, gave me a feeling of sniffing paint fumes. Would never give that stuff to a kid.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
Any grown man who needs mind-bending pills to function at a level which billions do every day without them is a pussy and a faġġot who should off themselves for being such a worthless and weak specimen of the human race. Your problems are all in your head. In a world where a lot of people live on less than $1 a day or lost their entire family during bombing raids in war zones, a Westerner with a high-speed Internet connection, a roof over their head, and no bullets to dodge or mines to walk around doesn't need drugs to survive unless they're clinically insane or there's something pathetically wrong in their head.

Women are different. They cry, they panic, they lose control easily and need constant reassurance that it'll be okay. For them, SSRIs are adult milk and cookies. But you? Fuck you. You're a disgrace. If you're going to numb yourself to deal with your problems, at least grow a fucking pair and buy a bottle of whisky or vodka or shoot some heroin. There's no fun in it unless you risk dying, and these pills don't kill you - they just turn you in a mushy sanctimonious transsexual.
Agreed about men.  With women the fact that they spend 10-20 years riding the cock carousel is what fucks them up in the head.  Once they hit the wall and no man wants them sends them into a downward spiral in which psych drugs and/or alcohol is the only way they can cope.  Since feminism really went mainstream there has been a huge increase in women (25%) needing psych drugs.

Kwon3

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2018, 03:00:30 PM »
Agreed about men.  With women the fact that they spend 10-20 years riding the cock carousel is what fucks them up in the head.  Once they hit the wall and no man wants them sends them into a downward spiral in which psych drugs and/or alcohol is the only way they can cope.  Since feminism really went mainstream there has been a huge increase in women (25%) needing psych drugs.

On the bright side, if they get some liberal Democrats or major left-wing newspapers to publish their false accusations against men that rejected them 36 years ago, they can earn up to $200,000 a year, tax free!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2018, 03:21:49 PM »
On the bright side, if they get some liberal Democrats or major left-wing newspapers to publish their false accusations against men that rejected them 36 years ago, they can earn up to $200,000 a year, tax free!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford
This nonsense is just going to get worse until someone puts a stop to it.  Right now any women can claim anything against you and it could be the end of your career and/or reputation.  Most of these rape claims are bullshit and even women know it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2018, 06:27:13 PM »
Agreed about men.  With women the fact that they spend 10-20 years riding the cock carousel is what fucks them up in the head.  Once they hit the wall and no man wants them sends them into a downward spiral in which psych drugs and/or alcohol is the only way they can cope.  Since feminism really went mainstream there has been a huge increase in women (25%) needing psych drugs.

Women in western culture are fucked in the head from birth

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »
Would anti-anxiety medication not be better, with less side effects?

What you described is basically how I feel most days, I thought that was normal  ;D

Generalized anxiety disorder is thought to be rooted in depression, and so treatment plans were designed to incorporate use of an anti-depressant in conjunction with therapy.  The anti-depressant helps an ill mind find balance and the therapy is designed to correct faulty patterns of thought.  Used together, these modalities have a much higher rate of success than either medication or therapy used alone.  18-24 months is typically all that's needed.

Of course, many people don't want to participate in regular therapy sessions and so they are left taking these medications on a chronic basis.  It's much easier to take a pill every morning than actively participate in self-improvement. 

Anxiolytics, eg: Xanax, Ativan, Valium, are intended for short-term use (ie: a couple of weeks) or for occasional use to treat panic attacks.  They were never intended to be used over the long term to treat anxiety.  They are far too addictive and have far too many side effects.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2018, 06:52:47 PM »
I was going to post a smart ass comment about manning the fuck up because I’ve been depressed myself but usually only after drinking/drugs.

Feel sorry for genuine clinically depressed/anxious souls. Is it really so overwhelming that even tons of cardio/yoga/mindfulness/diet can’t help? Definitely helps with moderate depression

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2018, 07:21:33 PM »
I've tried Ritalin, gave me a feeling of sniffing paint fumes. Would never give that stuff to a kid.

I believe it is like addderall in that it is supposed to work differently for those that actually need it.

Kwon3

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2018, 08:17:18 PM »
I was going to post a smart ass comment about manning the fuck up because I’ve been depressed myself but usually only after drinking/drugs.

Feel sorry for genuine clinically depressed/anxious souls. Is it really so overwhelming that even tons of cardio/yoga/mindfulness/diet can’t help? Definitely helps with moderate depression

No need, mate, I covered that. Someone gotta say it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2018, 10:56:33 PM »
I've been on this shit for the last 4-5 years.  I had sever anxiety issues and it actually did a good job.  The problem are the side effects.  Most notably the sexual side effect.  It is known to numb your extremities including your cock.  I get hard easily but when fucking I barely feel anything.  Sometimes it just gets boring fucking until I just stop.  When I am enjoying it and want to cum the medicine kicks in and levels me out and then I don't want to cum anymore.  Shit is designed to keep you level so you don't get too excited, too sad, too angry or too happy.  I end up just making the chick the cum and then eventually jerk myself off.  This has grown tiresome and annoying so I want to get off this shit but I've heard horror stories about people trying to ween off of it. I remember Wiggs mentioning being on it and getting brain zaps when he stopped.
eat alot of potatoes because they are high in nicotene,  i make potato pancakes....
A

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2018, 10:15:18 AM »
I worked with a guy who was a manic depressive.

When he was up he was really productive and on top of the world.  He was awesome.  Like the nutty professor's alter ego Buddy Love.

When he was down he could barely see over his shoetops.  He disappeared for awhile.

Went on a mood drug for awhile and it evened him out but he was neither up not down, kind of nowhere..

Didn't stay on the mood drug as it made him a zombie.

Eventually killed himself.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2018, 11:36:05 AM »
I worked with a guy who was a manic depressive.

When he was up he was really productive and on top of the world.  He was awesome.  Like the nutty professor's alter ego Buddy Love.

When he was down he could barely see over his shoetops.  He disappeared for awhile.

Went on a mood drug for awhile and it evened him out but he was neither up not down, kind of nowhere..

Didn't stay on the mood drug as it made him a zombie.

Eventually killed himself.

That's the fucking problem man.  I go to extremes when I'm myself. I can be the life of a party and have a blast and make everyone around me happy and laugh or I can sulk at home for days.  The citalopram leveled that out.  I can't get super excited nor super sad.  It brings you back to the middle right away.  When I'd get mad It would take hours for me to calm down, now I get mad and in about a minute I'm laughing.  It's fucked up.  The sexual issues is what bothers me the most.  Imagine everytime you start getting excited and want to cum and then the drugs kick in and bring you down and you no longer want to.  It's annoying.  In the last 5 years on the drug I've never gotten into a fight nor wanted to.  before that I was a fucking hot head.