Author Topic: This is why CNN trails so far behind in the ratings  (Read 4533 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: This is why CNN trails so far behind in the ratings
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2018, 02:29:49 PM »
Don Lemon finally understands how the entire country feels about his show. Uses the term "minstrel show" at around 1:27, a racial hatred term to describe Black actors who danced to please White audiences 100 years ago. Where's the Left on that? Crickets.

I'm relieved that (F-bomb) Kanye doesn't represent me. His White House performance was a minstrel show.

Kanye West’s White House Rant Steals Trump’s Spotlight, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/us/politics/kanye-trump-white-house-monologue.html

Kwon3

« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2018, 02:39:35 PM »
I'm relieved that (F-bomb) Kanye doesn't represent me. His White House performance was a minstrel show.

Kanye West’s White House Rant Steals Trump’s Spotlight, https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/us/politics/kanye-trump-white-house-monologue.html

I found Trump to be subdued, respectful, and very tolerant of Mr West's intrusion into his office and personal space. Obama never allowed that type of camaraderie and closeness during his tenure. For doubters of Trump's behavior, I hope this puts it to rest. Outside of the bombast and showmanship at rallies, he's pretty much a normal, quiet man. For all the claims of racism hurled at him, he's remarkably comfortable with Mr. West and his family.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2018, 02:55:25 PM »
I found Trump to be subdued, respectful, and very tolerant of Mr West's intrusion into his office and personal space. Obama never allowed that type of camaraderie and closeness during his tenure. For doubters of Trump's behavior, I hope this puts it to rest. Outside of the bombast and showmanship at rallies, he's pretty much a normal, quiet man. For all the claims of racism hurled at him, he's remarkably comfortable with Mr. West and his family.

Trump was comparatively subdued yesterday. I'll give you that. What effect do you suppose this will have on the black vote?

Kwon3

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2018, 03:12:19 PM »
Trump was comparatively subdued yesterday. I'll give you that. What effect do you suppose this will have on the black vote?
They're not interested in him or how he acts. But when their greatest singer (from an awards standpoint) speaks, they listen. And he showered encomiums of praise on our President yesterday while raising important points that all Black people should be concerned about. That much, I believe, will get their attention.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2018, 04:32:14 PM »
Even gaining a couple % points among blacks could turn some close elections and this is why the left wing media is flipping out.  Any time a minority leaves the dem plantation they call them sell outs and Uncle Toms like they owe the left their vote and can't have a differing opinion.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2018, 05:00:17 PM »
Even gaining a couple % points among blacks could turn some close elections and this is why the left wing media is flipping out.  Any time a minority leaves the dem plantation they call them sell outs and Uncle Toms like they owe the left their vote and can't have a differing opinion.

The media can flip about as much as they want. Personally, I thought Kanye's White House performance was nuts and embarrassing, but then, I am white.