Author Topic: Wrestling With The Devil (Lex Luger's book)  (Read 4616 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Wrestling With The Devil (Lex Luger's book)
« on: October 05, 2018, 07:00:02 AM »
ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!

Well what did you expect?  It's all about The Lex.  Which is sort of to be expected based on his personality anyways, but.....     unlike other wrestlers (Foley, Jericho, Eddie, Kanyon) he doesn't include any fun stories about the biz.  He makes no comment about other wrestlers being good workers, bad, funny, etc...   It's like a long talk in the mirror.

But what I did come away with was some of these tidbits :

*  His first cycle was 5 dbol tabs for 8 weeks.
*  Cycles after that was deca and dbol (no amounts given) 12 weeks on, 12 weeks off
*  He claims he did not use any roids at all during his WWF(E) days.  That the drug test where was much more strict.  Having to take your shirt off, drop your pants to your knees and pee in view of a technician.  Which looking at photos he was down in size during this time.
*  Upon returning to WCW, he followed management advice and got legal scripts for test and HGH to use.  (no amounts were listed).  That was all he ever used from that point out.  When his physique started getting that lean and "stringy" look.
*  When Elizabeth died and they found roids in the townhouse, it was roids that he had ordered many years before from a source in Europe. When he got in the motorcycle accident he didn't use anything and upon going to WWF(E) afterwards, he did not use anything.  He threw them in a gym bag and packed them up when he moved from his home to the townhouse that he and Elizabeth (sort of) shared.  He estimated they had been in there for about 8 - 10 years when they were found.  He had forgotten about them.
*  Despite what you would think, he didn't eat much food at all on non wrestling days.  His schedule was :  Wake up take a few pills and have an Arnold Palmer spiked with vodka.  Couple hours later, eat a light pre work out meal.  One hour later he would start on his "caffeine loading phase".  It took him 1.5 hours or so to load up on enough caffeine before he could go to the gym.  He said he used to use energy drinks and powders, but Bret Hart got him hooked on Starbucks Dark Roast coffee.  That, regular coffee and energy tabs.   Head to gym and work out a couple of hours.  Head home and catch another buzz with pills and vodka.  Have another meal at night.  He didn't eat post workout or have any shakes or anything.  On wrestling days he would eat more food since he had to be at the arena hours ahead of the show and he got bored.  After the match, he didn't eat anything, it was all beer with the boys, pills and vodka (when he got in the car).
*  The day he was paralyzed, he had been having problems with a "stinger" type feeling in his neck.  He was flying out to a gig and before going to the airport, he went to the gym and had a hard and heavy shoulder/trap/neck workout right before getting on the plane.  (No food).  He kept his head turned left a few hours talking to the girl in the seat by the window.  Apparently the blood flow in the region combined with the weird/ackward neck twist nonstop for a few hours, cut off the blood supply to the spinal column and nerves there which lead to bruising which lead to paralysis.  

That is really it in a nut shell.  This dude was basically his own worst enemy and his arrogant/entitled attitude was what kept him from having a more successful football career.

Read if you want, but it's something you can skip and not miss anything.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Wrestling With The Devil (Lex Luger's book)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 09:52:55 AM »
These guys make me laugh with their steroid usages.  ::)
Lex was, is and always will be full of shit.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 10:58:51 AM »

They think that if they say they took a small amount they get more credit for their build.  I'd just like to see 1 wrestler, bodybuilder or football player come out and say they were juiced to the fucking gills.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:20:58 PM »

Stop it.  He's a Christian.  He wouldn't lie.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 04:28:29 AM »
Stop it.  He's a Christian.  He wouldn't lie.
Lol...aren't they all?  ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 06:07:31 AM »
I'm suspicious.

He sounds like someone else I've heard about...