Author Topic: How would some of you do in a public debate?  (Read 8848 times)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Re: How would some of you do in a public debate?
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2018, 07:05:20 AM »
Since coward and his "fan club" are so anti-anger and anti-insult, it will be interesting to see how quickly they denounce this rhetoric:

In the above quote, we have recommended abduction of, and violence against an innocent child, collaboration with pedophiles, name calling, and profanity... all while throwing up the peace sign.

Just a deranged unhinged libatard who believes in rape,hate speech, violence, and being a pedophile is OK if done in the name of libatardism.
K

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2018, 08:34:23 AM »
I'm curious how some of you feel you'd do in a public debate.
In all modesty, I think I'd do pretty well, but who knows.

I feel my public speaking ability would help me.
Some of you make some thoughtful, decent posts .
BUT, I'm not sure how that would translate in a live ,  public forum.

Overall, I think I'd do pretty well in public compared to this internet forum.
Maybe I'm wrong?

Just curious.

no problem
I would just do this

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2018, 09:26:39 AM »
I notice that Trump doing cardio and applying proper tanning color wasn't on his list of 24 things he does well.
Just sayin' :o

didn't mention being faithful to his wife either or being honest

I don't recall hearing him say nobody knows honesty better than me or no one does honesty better than me.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2018, 12:32:42 PM »
I think we've all know plenty of tough men, who were straight talkers, 1 on 1.

BUT, from my experience , many of them dreaded the idea of speaking on stage , in front of a large crowd.

I'm sure many posters would be effective in an in person 1 on 1 debate , sitting at a table .

BUT, getting on stage ,in front of a crowd on the mic is VERY different. Politics aside, that's my main point.
Yeah, its definitely different.  You are playing to the visual cues of a crowd in addition to trying to think in real time of an appropriate retort. They say public speaking is one of the most feared things for people.  Speaking from years of experience the more you do it, the easier it is.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:54 PM »
Since coward and his "fan club" are so anti-anger and anti-insult, it will be interesting to see how quickly they denounce this rhetoric: (JPG redacted)

In the above quote, we have recommended abduction of, and violence against an innocent child, collaboration with pedophiles, name calling, and profanity... all while throwing up the peace sign.

Peter Fonda doesn't speak for liberals any more than does James Woods speak for conservatives.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2018, 03:17:09 PM »
Peter Fonda doesn't speak for liberals any more than does James Woods speak for conservatives.

Please show me where I said he WAS "speaking for liberals."

Hint: I never said that.
I hope you're not paranoid.

I simply wanted to know what the "coward supporters" would say in response to this bullshit.
I suppose we'll have to rely on you since coward UNSURPRISINGLY never provided a serious, respectable response.

I just want to know if coward and his supporters will condemn comments from EVERYONE, or only "certain" people.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2018, 03:30:56 PM »
Here's One for You /Straw / Howard / Agnostic
Whats his problem then - Insecurity ? ::) or He's Just a Horrible kunt of a Person & needs putting down.
Looking forward to your Answers

I like and respect you, illuminati - but, I innocently "laugh" at you for expecting a serious reply from any of the above members.
You and I BOTH KNOW that there is NO excuse for Peter Fonda's message.

Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to concede this.

So, we must next ask: "If you don't denounce Fonda's sentiments, does that mean you CONDONE them?"
I don't expect to see denouncement of any kind from the above ilk. I predict that the most we WILL SEE is deflection and/or feigned ignorance.

coward has demonstrated both tactics.

They will say ANYTHING except that it's wrong... UNLESS it comes from a Trump-backer.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2018, 05:37:36 PM »
Throwing up a peace sign while saying cruel, hateful stuff, is like saying "with all due respect". :D
Hmm, epic deflection
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »

I like and respect you, illuminati - but, I innocently "laugh" at you for expecting a serious reply from any of the above members.
You and I BOTH KNOW that there is NO excuse for Peter Fonda's message.

Unfortunately, not everyone is willing to concede this.

So, we must next ask: "If you don't denounce Fonda's sentiments, does that mean you CONDONE them?"
I don't expect to see denouncement of any kind from the above ilk. I predict that the most we WILL SEE is deflection and/or feigned ignorance.

coward has demonstrated both tactics.

They will say ANYTHING except that it's wrong... UNLESS it comes from a Trump-backer.

I wasn’t seriously expecting any of them to answer.
So yes rephrase my question to them & ask them
"If you don't denounce Fonda's sentiments, does that mean you CONDONE them?"

I doubt very much that will get any replies from them or if they do, as you said they’ll try deflection
At very least.

Let’s wait & see.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2018, 06:57:00 PM »

I doubt very much that will get any replies from them or if they do, as you said they’ll try deflection
At very least.

Let’s wait & see.

I concur, good Sir.

And, any responses we "may" get are highly unlikely to directly address the question because they know the answer, and are ashamed of the truth and, thus, themselves.

Rightfully so...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2018, 01:49:30 PM »

At very least.

Let’s wait & see.

Just to be clear, I do not condone Fonda's statement in anyway.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »
Just to be clear, I do not condone Fonda's statement in anyway.

Okay - That’s Good.
Do you condemn it / what else do you have to say about it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »
Here's One for You /Straw / Howard / Agnostic
Whats his problem then - Insecurity ? ::) or He's Just a Horrible kunt of a Person & needs putting down.
Looking forward to your Answers

I don't know Peter Fonda, don't know what his problem is.by this comment he seems disgusted/upset with what was going on at the southern border. I disagree with him. two wrongs don't make a right. He shouldn't have said this 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2018, 09:01:26 PM »
I don't know Peter Fonda, don't know what his problem is.by this comment he seems disgusted/upset with what was going on at the southern border. I disagree with him. two wrongs don't make a right. He shouldn't have said this  

It’s good to see yourself & Prime reply & not agree with what he said.
I’m just curious how or rather what you’d both be saying if it was said
About Killary & her child.
Both of you have been very restrained in your response.

Maybe that’s just me as I was expecting a harder condemnation.
He’s a fucking twat & deserves a damn good
Kicking & when he’s recovered to get another damn good kicking
& so on.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2018, 10:58:24 AM »

& so on.

I guess its not stronger because it was hypothetical. He is not the President or a person in a position of authority. He is an actor. He doesn't represent me, my profession or my country. If it was said about Hillary I would feel exactly the same.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2018, 12:16:53 PM »

& so on.

Sorry to disappoint you. I am restrained most of the time. It may not be the Getbig style, but it is my style. There is never a time when comments like Peter Fonda made are acceptable, no matter who's the target.

Whenever I've tested my stress level, it is almost non-existent.

Kwon3

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2018, 06:57:43 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you. I am restrained most of the time. It may not be the Getbig style, but it is my style. There is never a time when comments like Peter Fonda made acceptable, no matter who's the target.

Whenever I've tested my stress level, it is almost non-existent.

Spoken like a truly stereotypical old white person that only cares about their personal belongings, only contributes to their own survival and leaves nothing of lasting value to the community.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2018, 07:46:50 PM »
Spoken like a truly stereotypical old white person that only cares about their personal belongings, only contributes to their own survival and leaves nothing of lasting value to the community.
Hard to care about anything else than what is behind that white picket fence in his private community
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2018, 05:35:50 PM »
Hard to care about anything else than what is behind that white picket fence in his private community

And yet I still manage to care about a lot of things both inside and outside my community which, by the way, is not private. Even the likes of you could live in this community, if you only could afford it.  ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2018, 05:45:29 PM »

You could be correct, but you are not, as usual. Even a week off from posting on Getbig can't help you. ;D

Kwon3

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2018, 06:06:41 PM »
You could be correct, but you are not, as usual. Even a week off from posting on Getbig can't help you. ;D
Okay, Diogenes.

What've you done for anyone, ever besides be a character witness in your disabled military relatives' petitions for "more" than 100% disability, and become gay in old age (which I guess liberals would consider a plus in the column for social justice).

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2018, 02:51:46 AM »
Okay, Diogenes.

What've you done for anyone, ever besides be a character witness in your disabled military relatives' petitions for "more" than 100% disability, and become gay in old age (which I guess liberals would consider a plus in the column for social justice).

Now you are bashing disabled veterans? Your ignorance of military disability is astounding. Your ongoing comments about my sexuality are irrelevant and stupid.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2018, 09:38:40 AM »
There is no doubt in my mind that I could do a better job of articulating my point of view than many of the current Republicans running for Senate seats.

They sputter and stutter, they cower away from tough questions.  They are constantly on defense trying to make people like them and prove how not-racist they are.

When I listen to them talk, I question how well they even understand the topics they are discussing.  You can tell when someone has a strong command of the issues and when they don't.

They are running against demonic fucking communists that want to raise taxes and import massive amounts of 3rd world morons that are going to head right to the welfare office.

It's as though Democrats are intentionally trying to collapse and destroy the United States.................. .and still the elections are close!   Un-fucking-real.  Republican incompetence  Even when they win, they lose.  Except Trump.  MAGA

Kwon3

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2018, 09:58:10 AM »
Now you are bashing disabled veterans?

Post examples of bashing, otherwise this is misinformation.

Your ignorance of military disability is astounding.

That's because I work for a living and never applied to disability, nor am in the military. If you took a clipboard and went to ask 50 people in the streets of Portland whether they know anything more about it than I do, I'd personally wire you $50, i.e. $1 per person who answered correctly on any questions related to it. In other words, this was an obvious ad hominem. There's people receiving government assistance who still work part-time. Shame you didn't instill those values in your adult children.

Your ongoing comments about my sexuality are irrelevant and stupid.

They're relevant since you posted a gay flag in one of your responses recently. What's stupid about it? On the Left, every argument against conservatives ends in the terminus of identity politics. Being homosexual is not only an identity-based movement but also a key demographic in the Dem voting base.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2018, 12:35:05 PM »
And yet I still manage to care about a lot of things both inside and outside my community which, by the way, is not private. Even the likes of you could live in this community, if you only could afford it.  ;)
Poor me. :-[
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!