Author Topic: PIP SEARS!! :-(  (Read 6568 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: PIP SEARS!! :-(
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:11 AM »
It makes no sense that they weren't able to figure out how to transition from print catalogs to the web. They failed at their own business model.

No shit, especially since they were around forty years before they opened their first brick and mortar store doing mail order anyway.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2018, 11:55:04 AM »
Are you grandfathered into the employee discount?  If so, you may want to stock up on kettle bells and other accessories. 

Yup. Going to get massive amounts of workout gear!!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2018, 11:57:44 AM »
Nice! I’ve always wanted to work for them in HS but instead I’m happy now working for In N Out burger

Ever make employee of the month?
X

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2018, 12:24:33 PM »
if you could destroy my country without hesitation, I say now: fuck Sears

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2018, 12:29:38 PM »
Whatever happens with Sears, it won't affect my shopping habits.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »
Whatever happens with Sears, it won't affect my shopping habits.

they're aware.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2018, 12:35:10 PM »
happy to report I have no shopping habits anymore

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
Ever make employee of the month?

Two months straight, can’t beat free burgers and shake, insurance and 401k, we value great customer service, can’t wait to get promoted to manager position

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2018, 06:55:56 PM »
Two months straight, can’t beat free burgers and shake, insurance and 401k, we value great customer service, can’t wait to get promoted to manager position

Seriously In -n- Out is not a horrible career choice. The staff is taken care of and the managers are paid very well.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2018, 07:26:31 PM »
All the major shopping malls seem to be in big trouble today.

I was in Sears here in Vegas a month ago and I was the only person in the place and never saw a sales-person.

I was only in that store looking for a short-cut away from the 100+ heat to get to my car only to find out that I had to back-track because there was only one entrance/exit.

But there was a  huge side posted at that entrance which said in big, bold, red letters, "WE ARE NOT CLOSING! WE WILL ALWAYS BE HERE FOR YOU!"

And the entire mall was just as empty except for numeous foreign keosk guys trying to sell you cell-phone cases or smoke-less cigarettes.

Today's malls have to convert or else be torn down to make room for the resurgence of Drive In Theaters.

But Planet Fitness and Asian Food markets appear to be showing some interest in these malls with empty spaces ... so there  may still be some mall hope left.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2018, 10:17:42 PM »
Looks like getbiggers won’t be jacking off to the bra and panty section of the Sears catalogue anymore  :-\

Those were the days. When the new catalog would come in the mail -- SCHWING!

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2018, 10:20:54 PM »
Seriously In -n- Out is not a horrible career choice. The staff is taken care of and the managers are paid very well.

I heard some make six figures. Hard to believe.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2018, 10:28:20 PM »
Lampert split the company into 30 divisions—which swelled to 40 a year later—each of which reported profits separately and had to compete with the others for resources. Lambert was both strict with money and distant, seldom leaving his home in South Florida.

Divisions found themselves acting like separate companies, even drawing up contracts with each other. Compensation costs rose as each division hired its own senior management. These executives in turn had to form their own boards, and their pay was determined according to an in-house profit metric that led to cannibalization as some divisions cut jobs, forcing others to step in. The appliances unit found itself being gouged by the Kenmore unit, so it bought wares from LG, a South Korean conglomerate, instead.

From 2011 to 2016 the company lost $10.4 billion. In 2014 its total debt surpassed its market cap.

In November 2016, 24/7 Wall Street reported that Lampert was "the most hated CEO in America" based on their review of Glassdoor ratings.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/downfall-of-sears/

Interesting, they split the company into forty silos that were each fighting with each other.  With Kenmore gauging the appliance unit and the appliance unit retaliating by buying LG.  What could go wrong?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2018, 10:45:01 PM »

I've heard the same. If the pay is based on a percentage of sales it would not be out of realm of possibility.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2018, 11:16:54 PM »

They do, it’s managed real well, don’t hire a bunch of thugs or people that aren’t good at customer service like McDonald’s or Burger King

Chick Fil-A is another one good one

Costco is a good company to work for as well

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
Nice! I’ve always wanted to work for them in HS but instead I’m happy now working for In N Out burger
Could never work fast food, coming home smelling like grease would suck.
A

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »
Got my very first vinyl covered weight set from Sears.

Worked for them on two occasions  and they sucked bigtime.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2018, 02:24:08 PM »
Goodmorrow I Am Fallsview

All brick and mortar/mall stores are in trouble. Why?

1. Workers suck. They don't smile or greet you anymore.

2. Early mornings YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOURSELF OUT. Thats right, you don't get a discount for doing the work the store should be doing. You can't even put you were a cashier on your resume.

3. You have to bring the cart back to the cart rack. Thats right again, you're doing the job of the 1970's term "cart boy". How does it feel to be a Cart Boy?

4. You have to bring your own bags. Thats right for the third time. Show your "environmental friendly and carbon neutral.

5. You have to drive to the store waste gas money then expend useless energy you could use somewhere else walking around a store.

6. Product is OUT OF STOCK. Hey...you wasted time and money getting to the store only to find out they ran out of the product...opps we don't give rain cheques anymore!

7. Now you fight traffic again to go home and pout.

There you have it. I'll order my groceries on line and have them delivered to my house. Then I'll get on Amazon, have the products I want delivered to my house in 2 days.

WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH FALLSVIEW?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »
Goodmorrow I Am Fallsview

All brick and mortar/mall stores are in trouble. Why?

1. Workers suck. They don't smile or greet you anymore.

2. Early mornings YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOURSELF OUT. Thats right, you don't get a discount for doing the work the store should be doing. You can't even put you were a cashier on your resume.

3. You have to bring the cart back to the cart rack. Thats right again, you're doing the job of the 1970's term "cart boy". How does it feel to be a Cart Boy?

4. You have to bring your own bags. Thats right for the third time. Show your "environmental friendly and carbon neutral.

5. You have to drive to the store waste gas money then expend useless energy you could use somewhere else walking around a store.

6. Product is OUT OF STOCK. Hey...you wasted time and money getting to the store only to find out they ran out of the product...opps we don't give rain cheques anymore!

7. Now you fight traffic again to go home and pout.

There you have it. I'll order my groceries on line and have them delivered to my house. Then I'll get on Amazon, have the products I want delivered to my house in 2 days.

WHO WANTS TO WALK WITH FALLSVIEW?

Spot on

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2018, 11:44:32 PM »
Walking into a Sears has been a pretty good mindbender for years now. You go in this massive store and it's unattractive, stark, sloppy, and you just wonder how they pay the bills.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2018, 12:57:04 AM »
I posted a few months ago about how depressing it was to go into Sears. I grew up with that store and, like Wes, got my first Vinyl coated cement 110 lb weight set there. I can still remember loading it up into my mom's station wagon as she berated the sales associate to help me load the weights in the car.

It was kind of a family event when the new Sears catalog would arrive and we would take turns going through it. I really have a sense of nostalgia with that store and wish it could survive. But going in that store I couldn't even find a goddamn belt and white t-shirt my size. The place is always a mess and not an employee within eye shot. Not even at the cashier.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2018, 09:09:35 AM »
Goodmorrow I Am FALLSVIEW

Another problem is that Sears never kept up with the times. They never remodeled their stores. Their clothes were stale and their prices...not competitive.

"Slacks and Blouses"

Sears put the wrong people in charge to take them into the millennium. What about Kmart? Another sinking retail store that can't run itself buys Sears...Oh yeah that will work.

What they should have done is downsize. They should have closed stores way back or went into smaller spaces in Malls. They also should have stoped selling high end appliances and other crap that people go to speciality stores to purchase instead of Sears.

WHO WANT'S TO WALK WITH FALLSVIEW?  

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2018, 10:04:08 AM »
Regarding IN n' OUT.

I seldom eat burgers, but when I do .... I go to  IN 'n OUT  and order a
"Double-Double Protein Cheeseburger with Onions for here!"

And also ..... Animal Fries and a small soda.

One day I asked to speak to the manager and she (a young girl) sat down with me and I asked her if the company was on the stock market.

She laughed and went on to explain that there was only one MAJOR owner of IN 'n OUT.

The origiginal owner (founder) passed away and passed on  the business to his son, who also passed away soon therafter ... leaving the company in the hands of his younger sister Lynsi Torres with a small part of the company in a complicated trust.

I have never been in an empty IN 'n OUT. In fact the line to place an order is usually 20 people deep and every table is occupied ... and the automoile order line stretches around the building.

And I have seen empty McDonald's all over town.

This owner and the trust most likely have a computer setup  which counts the burgers, sodas, shakes, and fries immediately about the sale of those items.

I think (but do not know for sure) tha those total daily sales add up to a few million dollars each and every day .... all going into a trust fund that will eventually be under the control of Lynsi Torres upon her 35th birthday.

She will soon be a billionaire if she ain't already!

Does any know of other major businesses that are owned outright be one individual?

Kwon3

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2018, 10:20:00 AM »
^ yeah and she's a silver spoon skank, so fuck that company

but Sears with its $85 golf shirts and $140 long sleeve shirts kind of had a supply-demand issue. Who buys that junk? Brick and mortar stores still have a place for things that are inconvenient to buy online due to their cheap nature (bathtub stoppers, milk cartons, cups, etc.), which is where dollar stores will always make a killing, and for people too lazy to shop electronics online (the best buy crowd).

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2018, 04:41:37 PM »
Eddie Lampert is an Ayn Rand Objectivist imbecile....That explains a lot...