Author Topic: Trump: I'll Never Forgive Obama for What He Did to Our Military  (Read 10231 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Trump: I'll Never Forgive Obama for What He Did to Our Military
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2018, 08:56:30 PM »
Agreed, I don't think anyone can fix the VA though. Institutionalized Gov employees from the bottom up who know they will never be fired, so why change or put in effort?

I was hoping that would change but it doesn't seem to be any different.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2018, 09:59:51 PM »
The irony in your post is ridiculous.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/25/president-barack-obama-visit-troops-afghanistan

This was Obama's fourth visit to Afghanistan as president, but his first since winning re-election in 2012.

He was expected to be briefed by US commanders in Afghanistan, speak to troops at Bagram and visit injured troops being treated at a base hospital.

As is typical of recent presidential trips to war zones, the White House did not announce Obama's visit in advance. Media travelling with Obama for the 13-hour flight had to agree to keep the trip secret until the president arrived at the air base.

And this..

WASHINGTON, Nov. 27 _ In a stunning mission conducted under enormous secrecy, President Bush flew into Baghdad today aboard Air Force One to have dinner with United States officials and a group of astonished American troops.

But you go ahead and pretend you know what you're talking about, I'm sure someone might buy it.  ;)

I see.  So the fact a presidential visit was not announced to the media means all of the boots on the ground didn't know either.  What are you ten years old??

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2018, 10:02:45 PM »
I see.  So the fact a presidential visit was not announced to the media means all of the boots on the ground didn't know either.  What are you ten years old??

Glossed over the "astonished troops" part because it didn't fit your narrative. I've provided you with support for my position. All you've done is play the 10 year olds game of "Is not!" without ever providing any support other than your opinion. Not the first time, I'm sure it won't be the last 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2018, 10:07:07 PM »
Tell you what, it's almost Christmas so here goes,,,

Yeah, you proved your point, I was mistaken. Well done  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2018, 10:12:47 PM »
Glossed over the "astonished troops" part because it didn't fit your narrative. I've provided you with support for my position. All you've done is play the 10 year olds game of "Is not!" without ever providing any support other than your opinion. Not the first time, I'm sure it won't be the last 

You really aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.  It says "a group."  Not all of them.  For the benefit of anyone else reading this:  no there is absolutely no way a POTUS makes a visit to a war zone, or basically any other military base, and servicemembers are unaware of it is taking place.  The amount of logistics involved with that kind of visit is staggering.  The fact a handful of servicemembers may not know the POTUS is visiting their actual unit isn't surprising at all.  But to take a comment from news article and use it to reach the conclusion that the visit is surprise to everyone is infantile reasoning.  Something the person who made that post is pretty good at.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2018, 10:25:44 AM »
You really aren't the sharpest pencil in the box.  It says "a group."  Not all of them.  For the benefit of anyone else reading this:  no there is absolutely no way a POTUS makes a visit to a war zone, or basically any other military base, and servicemembers are unaware of it is taking place.  The amount of logistics involved with that kind of visit is staggering.  The fact a handful of servicemembers may not know the POTUS is visiting their actual unit isn't surprising at all.  But to take a comment from news article and use it to reach the conclusion that the visit is surprise to everyone is infantile reasoning.  Something the person who made that post is pretty good at.  

I tried to let you off the hook. The position originally wasn't "Not a single person on the ground knows the president is coming" like you are trying to now make it. The original statement was that a visit by the President causes a week or 2 of pain in the ass for the troops on the ground and I have clearly shown that is not the case in warzones during a Presidential visit. Very few are aware of it happening and planning is done behind the scenes. Damn, do you ever get to the point where you realize you just might be wrong? I'm starting to wonder

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
all of which gives Mr Trump an ideal excuse not to visit dangerous front line areas while still basking in military glory?
How is supporting military "basking in military glory"?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 04, 2018, 02:23:24 PM »
all of which gives Mr Trump an ideal excuse not to visit dangerous front line areas while still basking in military glory?

I think he should visit them. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: December 04, 2018, 02:25:44 PM »
I tried to let you off the hook. The position originally wasn't "Not a single person on the ground knows the president is coming" like you are trying to now make it. The original statement was that a visit by the President causes a week or 2 of pain in the ass for the troops on the ground and I have clearly shown that is not the case in warzones during a Presidential visit. Very few are aware of it happening and planning is done behind the scenes. Damn, do you ever get to the point where you realize you just might be wrong? I'm starting to wonder

Stop embarrassing yourself.  You claimed there could be surprise presidential visit:

I agree with what you said 100%

But what you are saying doesn't pertain to a surprise visit from a President, I can see where you would think they are the same. But the reality is, they are not

When I pointed out how stupid this is, you pointed to some troops who were surprised by a presidential visit.  lol

Just quit already.  You clearly don't know what the heck you're talking about.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2018, 09:03:33 PM »
Stop embarrassing yourself.  You claimed there could be surprise presidential visit:

When I pointed out how stupid this is, you pointed to some troops who were surprised by a presidential visit.  lol

Just quit already.  You clearly don't know what the heck you're talking about.

I really thought you were smart enough to let this die.... you are just making yourself look even more stupid and clueless about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2018, 10:22:26 AM »
I really thought you were smart enough to let this die.... you are just making yourself look even more stupid and clueless about it.

::)