Author Topic: Apparently Martyn Ford would rip Brock Lesnar apart  (Read 9965 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Apparently Martyn Ford would rip Brock Lesnar apart
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:16:56 AM »
According to this genius. Yes, a bodybuilder who's never had a competitive fight in any discipline beats a guy who's trained in FIGHTING for most of his life and has won championships.

denarii

• Getbig V
Re: Apparently Martyn Ford would rip Brock Lesnar apart
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:31:13 AM »
isnt the getbig consensus that ford will be KOd by a smaller but more experienced fighter. his only real chance is just overpowering the other guy

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »
isnt the getbig consensus that ford will be KOd by a smaller but more experienced fighter. his only real chance is just overpowering the other guy

Ford would nt overpower Lesnar unless Brock was 95 years old. Ford aint even that strong! 405 for 10 squat! Ive seen 190lb lifters do more than that.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 11:45:05 AM »
Ford would nt overpower Lesnar unless Brock was 95 years old. Ford aint even that strong! 405 for 10 squat! Ive seen 190lb lifters do more than that.

Ouch.

J

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 01:06:55 PM »
Ford would win a BB "competition" though

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 01:59:09 PM »
Everyone knows bodybuilders are tremendous athletes with god-given fighting abilities.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
Lesnar wrestles guys in his gym daily for sparring practice that would crush Ford.  Ford would win in a pose down though.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:14:16 PM »
I suspect his MMA career will go as far as big Dan Hills’.

It’s not 1995 anymore. The sport has evolved to a higher level. You just can’t jump in your mid 30s as a rookie and expect to have a career. He’d be better off signing with the WWE. McMahon would probably give him a contract.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 03:19:18 PM »
According to this genius. Yes, a bodybuilder who's never had a competitive fight in any discipline beats a guy who's trained in FIGHTING for most of his life and has won championships.

He would last about a minute, 50 seconds of that minute would be just from running from Lesnar, the other 10 seconds would be the ref prying Lesnar off of Ford.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 03:52:45 PM »
Lesnar without training and gear would be stronger and tougher than 99% of men.  Amazing genetics.  Ford without training and gear was the twinkiest of twinks.  Check out the pics.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 03:57:08 PM »
Ford weighs 506 pounds?! :o

mryorkielover

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 08:28:55 PM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 09:19:11 PM »
I’m beyond fatigued with this horseshit.

The reason size isn’t a dramatic determining factor in modern MMA is because ... there are weight divisions.

In a general, mainstream sense, factually, size and strength is THE determining factor in a physical altercation.

Of course skill can bridge gaps, and it does wonderfully when that skill set reaches a particularly high level, but even then, to suggest size and strength isn’t extremely effective is purely cataclysmic ignorance and naïveté.

Fighting is movement. Muscle produces movement. Movement powered with great force is devastating. Great size absorbs punishment far better, in a broad sense, than does small size.

Do I think Ford will “clean house”? I have zero idea.

Too many unknowns to consider.

But the nonsense has got to stop.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 01:23:08 AM »

The reason size isn’t a dramatic determining factor in modern MMA is because ... there are weight divisions.

In a general, mainstream sense, factually, size and strength is THE determining factor in a physical altercation.

Of course skill can bridge gaps, and it does wonderfully when that skill set reaches a particularly high level, but even then, to suggest size and strength isn’t extremely effective is purely cataclysmic ignorance and naïveté.

Fighting is movement. Muscle produces movement. Movement powered with great force is devastating. Great size absorbs punishment far better, in a broad sense, than does small size.

Yes , for genuine beasts like Brian SHaw, Warlord , Thor and people like that, this FOrd is a a big bloated bag of air with no strength. 405 for 10 squat!!?? Youve done over 20 yourself havent you?
Thor does 440 for 27 with room for more.

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 01:43:16 AM »
Yes , for genuine beasts like Brian SHaw, Warlord , Thor and people like that, this FOrd is a a big bloated bag of air with no strength. 405 for 10 squat!!?? Youve done over 20 yourself havent you?
Thor does 440 for 27 with room for more.

i used to do 405 for two sets naturally and I dont even consider myself to be that strong.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 01:50:10 AM »
Ford weighs 506 pounds?! :o

He has been losing weight to prepare for his MMA-fights (he said he is taking it professionally).

He said his goal was to go down to 287 pounds or so before fighttime.
Q

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 02:46:44 AM »

It's not an unknown to assume Ford will get slaughtered in the Octagon against Lesnar.  He stands no chance unless Lesnar had a heart attack right at the beginning of the match and dropped dead.  Lesnar was a state champion wrestler in high school, wrestled for Minnesota (one of the best teams in the nation), and has several mma matches under his belt.  Ford lifts weights.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 07:46:59 AM »
"[Lesnar] finished his amateur [wrestling] career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, the 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion and the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Champion, with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar#Early_life

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2018, 06:17:57 PM »
"[Lesnar] finished his amateur [wrestling] career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, the 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion and the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Champion, with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar#Early_life
Yes he is the real deal.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2018, 06:34:44 PM »
It's not an unknown to assume Ford will get slaughtered in the Octagon against Lesnar.  He stands no chance unless Lesnar had a heart attack right at the beginning of the match and dropped dead.  Lesnar was a state champion wrestler in high school, wrestled for Minnesota (one of the best teams in the nation), and has several mma matches under his belt.  Ford lifts weights.

Yeah, but...but...but Ford has a shaved head, scary primitive tattoos, makes wicked evil faces and is not good to his mother!  'n' sheit. 

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »
When you say ripped apart..you mean...sexually?

Bench

plebian

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2018, 07:46:05 PM »
freakshow giants have a long history in MMA and none of it good. Bodybuilders attempting combat sports also has a history, and none of it good.

I'm predicting Ford will try to have his debut in some slav or japanese org where A) drug testing will never be a concern and B) they'll feed him guys off the street to crush so they can get all the juice of marketing they can before he inevitably faces off with an actual career fighter. C) he will be a stunning bore - gassing out in less than a minute of action would not at all surprise me.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2018, 08:37:18 PM »
freakshow giants have a long history in MMA and none of it good. Bodybuilders attempting combat sports also has a history, and none of it good.

I'm predicting Ford will try to have his debut in some slav or japanese org where A) drug testing will never be a concern and B) they'll feed him guys off the street to crush so they can get all the juice of marketing they can before he inevitably faces off with an actual career fighter. C) he will be a stunning bore - gassing out in less than a minute of action would not at all surprise me.

KSW.

Q

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
Ford will be tired walking up the stairs to the Octagon but those tattoos are just too scary. :-\

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 01:24:02 AM »
That video is cringey AF.

For a supposed actor he is very awkward on camera and hopeless @ public speaking.

Reminds me of this too.....