Author Topic: adding a touch up pump day  (Read 2519 times)

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
adding a touch up pump day
« on: April 14, 2006, 05:12:07 PM »
hey guys
I was thinking about adding  a touch up pumped day. like picking a bodypart and doint light weight and some supersets to get some extra blood into a muscle. what do you guys think ?? is this  good or just a waste of time?? I'll rolote upperbody muscle groups. im trying to  get my upperbody with my lower body...

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: adding a touch up pump day
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 06:05:35 PM »
I think it could be a good idea...i did that for my arms for a little while...i had a heavy day on tuesday and a light superset day on sunday...kinda like branch warrens split....i only did it for about 5 weeks though but it helped bring up my arms. now im back to my regular 3 on 1 off 2 on 1 off split.
bodybuildersreality.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 06:48:14 PM »
hey guys
I was thinking about adding  a touch up pumped day. like picking a bodypart and doint light weight and some supersets to get some extra blood into a muscle. what do you guys think ?? is this  good or just a waste of time?? I'll rolote upperbody muscle groups. im trying to  get my upperbody with my lower body...
I've never seen the point in this, just a waste of time. Set up your training routine and blast the muscles trained that day...you shouldn't need a pump up day.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 10:00:02 AM »
I agree no pump day.  Blast it heavy enough and you wont feel like a pump day.

PhoenixBuff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 04:06:46 PM »
I guess my answer would be.......Why?  Go to the gym to grow, not get a pump.  If you get a pump while training, then bonus!

Keep at it.  ;)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 05:54:07 AM »
my cock gets a fat pump everyday but loe and behold no growth, same for the extra pump set workout extra. set a plan, always look to add weight or reps, eat and sleep right and like magic you get growth. thats not to say its not fun to do a run on the rack dropset for bis at the end of arm day but really its the consistent hard work day in week out along with eating and sleeping that will set you apart.

Peaking at 45 !!!

• Getbig III
  • Getbig
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 04:45:12 PM »
A 2nd day is a great idea, but dont mess around with light weights----if you're gonna pump em, do it with weights close to your regular workout weights------just do less sets, but make each set count, heck , you should be able to get a good pump for each bodypart in just 3 to 5 sets.

good luck

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 11:51:58 AM »
I cycle my rep ranges in my workouts weekly so I wouldn't bother w/a pump day myself.1 thing I do however is after the working sets on all certain exercises (not always) drop the weight on whichever exercise I have been doing & rep out a last "pump" set just to finish off the pump.