Author Topic: Wilder vs Fury PPV  (Read 12194 times)

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
Re: Wilder vs Fury PPV
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2018, 08:45:35 AM »
ROBBERY

Wilder is getting Canelo type cards.  Ortiz beats the breaks off of Wilder going into the 9th and was behind on all 3 cards, 85-84.  Now, this joke which is similar to Angulo Lara.   There are 2 knockdowns but Lara was outboxing him and ahead on all the cards going into the stoppage,  Wilder is a one-handed bum.

calma la, your people will rise again

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2018, 08:50:40 AM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »
Fellas, I hear what you're saying but youreally not winning a heavyweight championship fight on points after your opponent knocked you down twice. Not gonna happen. Knockdowns especially that 12th round one holds more weight than points.

On a different note, I like both fighters personally. I've been  a Fury fan for a while and think he's a great entertainer, excellent boxer and while flawed a stand up man. He's a guy I'd love to have a beer with and talk about life.

Fair point about the Knock Downs they are hard to ignore
Personally I think fury should of edged it.

Though realistically What sort of a Quality Champion is Wilder
When he can’t Beat a Man who’s been inactive for 2.5yrs
With alsorts of Drug / Mental / weight problems has had 2 meaningless
Warm up Fights - And Takes A Supposedly World Champ The Distance
And out Boxed Him.
Wilder should be ashamed & retire
If they have a rematch it doesn’t bode well for Him.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2018, 01:13:38 PM »
I'll say this which may contrast my opinion about the results. That judge that had fury losing the first 6 rounds should be fired. That's 100% bullshit.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2018, 01:15:30 PM »

And out Boxed Him.

Fury exposes everyone. 

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
is there any point in a rematch?

AJ needs to fight Wilder and get KO'd by Wilder.

then WIlder can give Fury another shot

AJ is not as good defensively as FUry and his chin is weak

AJ is ducking wilder- waiting for him to get beat up/old

Fury, give the man credit, has a cast iron chin, quite amazing

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2018, 01:42:34 PM »

And out Boxed Him.

Fury is a quality boxer,  Wilder shouldn't feel ashamed

WIlder is not a greattechnical boxer, for sure he has flaws, which along with his KO power, make him an exciting fighter to watch

I's rather see Wilder fight in exciting fights than watch a boring defensive minded fighter like FMW

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #132 on: December 02, 2018, 02:34:02 PM »
is there any point in a rematch?

AJ needs to fight Wilder and get KO'd by Wilder.

then WIlder can give Fury another shot

AJ is not as good defensively as FUry and his chin is weak

AJ is ducking wilder- waiting for him to get beat up/old

Fury, give the man credit, has a cast iron chin, quite amazing

you people talk utter shyte. you only need to look at AJ and wilder's respective records to see which one isn't afraid to take on all comers

AJ in half the fights of wilder already has 3 of the belts, has fought a legend in klitschko, another current belt holder in parker...povetkin, whyte. it took wilder till his 40th fight to even fight a live opponent in ortiz (a 40 yr old).

wilder is terrible, he has a puncher's chance against anybody and good heart but he's just an awful boxer. the likes of whyte, chisora, povetkin, takam, possibly parker would probably all out box him. and they're all a good couple rungs below aj.

aj will systematically take wilder apart. he will get exposed as badly technically as he did against fury but aj unlike fury will have the power to put him to sleep.

i truly hope wilder fights aj on 13th april next year. fk the rematch with fury. it's well overdue for this ridiculously overrated wilder to get knocked the fk out.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2018, 03:19:46 PM »
p.s wilder's 40-0-1 record doesn't mean much. he's fought all bums apart from ortiz who he was pretty lucky to get past, and then fury where he lost and got a gift....
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2018, 03:59:12 PM »
Only in this era of multiple meaningless “World Titles” could Wilder be A Champion
If you believe differently You don’t Know Much.

He was very fortunate to beat a 50yr old Ortiz ( if he’s not older)
And was outboxed by Fury who hasn’t had a decent fight in 3yrs.

Wilders an embarrassment to “ Championship Boxing”  I wish Fury
Would’ve Sparked Him Out & Put an End to this Fiasco.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2018, 11:05:25 PM »
Only in this era of multiple meaningless “World Titles” could Wilder be A Champion
If you believe differently You don’t Know Much.

He was very fortunate to beat a 50yr old Ortiz ( if he’s not older)
And was outboxed by Fury who hasn’t had a decent fight in 3yrs.

Wilders an embarrassment to “ Championship Boxing”  I wish Fury
Would’ve Sparked Him Out & Put an End to this Fiasco.
id agree with that wilder can punch....that’s it...very poor defensively, off balance, and looked more awkward than usual against a taller guy in fury that showed him angles, feints and swift foot work.

Take a look @ wilders expression every time he came back too his corner...he looked totally lost confused and flat out demoralised all that “anger” fire and destructive mind set was....gone.

the general consensus is IMO is IF a rematch could actually be made within the next 6-7 months and Fury doesn’t fall off the rails again id assume he should drop another 10-15lbs witch should bye the laws of average give fury more hand and foot speed, more mobility though a more streamlined mid section etc etc,

IF...he could accomplish that it’s very possible he’d comfortably out box wilder too a very lop sided decision as it was...he totally out boxed and out classed wilder ANYWAY for more or less 85% of the fight.

In regards too wilder...What more can wilder actually improve on for a potential rematch @ this point? he will always carry that power and turn the lights @ anytime that’s something he definitely has going for him but the fact he must of thrown a couple hundred right hands...

and basically hit nothing but fresh air has too have played on his mind though out the fight and let’s not forget Fury STILL isn’t properly in shape yet.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2018, 11:09:37 PM »
i truly hope wilder fights aj on 13th april next year. fk the rematch with fury. it's well overdue for this ridiculously overrated wilder to get knocked the fk out.

Kudos!  The last thing boxing needs is for Wilder to get lucky in the AJ fight. Wilder could possibly be the worst undisputed champion in the history of boxing.

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2018, 01:26:48 AM »
Kudos!  The last thing boxing needs is for Wilder to get lucky in the AJ fight. Wilder could possibly be the worst undisputed champion in the history of boxing.

well it is possible, as poor as wilder is he has a puncher's chance against anyone. but if it were to happen then not only would he be the worst undisputed champion in history, you'd have to say this is the worst era in HW boxing too.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2018, 03:27:22 AM »
Thought Fury won but two knock-downs in the champ's backyard is always likely to be costly.
AJ would beat Wilder as long as he fights sensibly and avoids getting drawn into a brawl. AJ-Fury would be a more difficult fight to predict since Fury is deceptively slick.  
Would still rate AJ as the best HW right now. Tony Yoka should be a threat within a few years.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2018, 06:08:39 AM »
This was not a great fight.  Not a candidate for fight of the year.  It was a good and compelling fight.  Overall, I'd say it delivered.  The scoring was pretty bad.  The judge who had it 8-4 for Fury is pretty accurate.  The judge who had it 7-5 really had to stretch to make it a draw.  The judge who only had Fury winning 5 rounds, should never judge again.  Period.  I had it 9-3 Fury but could have possible given Wilder one more round or won less.  10-2 Fury would have been reasonable.  Fury really can box. Good movement and very fast hands.  Great recuperative power and pretty good chin.  Wilder takes a pretty good shot, has stamina and lots of heart.  Considering he didn't start boxing til he was an adult and gives up 30-40 pounds in just about every fight, I'd say is pretty remarkable.  The fact that 210 pound heavyweight is stalking guys so much bigger than him is worth noting.  That right hand is something.  Left hook is no slouch either.  He just gets to exited in the ring.  He has the perfect teacher in Mark Breland.  If Wilder learns to calm down in the ring and pump the jab consistently, his power shots will fall into place.  These are big ifs given he's already 33.  Time will tell.  It's nice to have 3 undefeated heavyweights who all seem willing to make fights.