Author Topic: Do you think you will understand life  (Read 7039 times)

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
Re: Do you think you will understand life
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2018, 08:33:50 AM »
I always say that there are no stupid questions..this is one of those extremely rare exceptions.

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2018, 10:08:21 AM »
while it is possible to ask stupid questions it is also possible (but harder) to give intelligent answers

it depends

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 10:54:57 AM »
Anyone asking too many questions about the meaning of life, digging too deep, knowing too much, etc. will end up getting pulled from the simulation by those who put us here in the first place.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 11:07:45 AM »
Nothing to understand, just like a flower, we grow and then wither.

We are all Systems Programs.

Hey, what ever happened to Kwon 3 ?? (Or is it "2")?? Cant keep track...

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2018, 11:08:02 AM »
Anyone asking too many questions about the meaning of life, digging too deep, knowing too much, etc. will end up getting pulled from the simulation by those who put us here in the first place.

Yes- that damn simulation. Why just yesterday I noticed there was a pause in the simulation but it was so fast I almost missed it.  ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2018, 11:14:19 AM »
Yes- that damn simulation. Why just yesterday I noticed there was a pause in the simulation but it was so fast I almost missed it.  ::)

Ever doze off on the couch while watching TV, then wake up surprised and wondering how long were you out?  You didn't really doze off.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2018, 11:34:49 AM »
life is its on reason to live every thing else is an extra
Survival is the primary goal of all living things.

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »

i watched that trilogy 2 months ago
useless, but admittedly mildly entertaining

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2018, 12:17:44 PM »
i watched that trilogy 2 months ago
useless, but admittedly mildly entertaining

James

« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2018, 12:22:13 PM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2018, 08:48:39 PM »

OH dear Agnostic
Are you being ruled by A Dog or a Dog  = Wife( apols thats in poor taste )
Who wears the trousers ?

Seriously though all in all you sound like you've done well for yourself
and enjoyed life - up until you retired.
How old is the dog as he not going to last forever
And depends if you can / want to put up with this situation.

It's weird. When I met her she had 2 dogs. She can't have kids so her dogs are like her kids. They were a package deal. I didn't mind too much as I was still working, and the dogs were yorkies. Hypo allergenic, and don't shed. Fast forward 4 years and one of them dies suddenly from a brain tumor. So I'm thinking 1 down, 1 to go. He's 8 now, so I got 7 years max to go.  But nooooooo, Idiot me gives into the Misses whining that he's lonely and needs another partner etc etc. So I think I'm being smart and agree with the condition we get a dog of the same age. I'm not about to start the clock over. So we adopt an 8 year old rescue Yorkie that turns out to really be 6.. But ok.. close enough. Now, the original  dog passed away at 13 last year and I'm stuck with this one... She's about 12 and seems to be in good health. I'm not anti dog, in fact, I love dogs, I just don't put them in the same category as humans and I don't think life revolves around their schedule like she does. When we do travel, it's because we hire a friggin sitter to stay in our house for $40 a day since there isn't a boarding place that exists that meets her approval. It's getting old. I'm getting old  :)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2018, 08:51:18 PM »
That's completely, absolutely, unequivocally fooked up.  Life is too short, and retirement even shorter.  Get some marital counseling ASAP.  There will come a time, and it will be here before you know it, when neither one of you will be able to travel any longer, because of age and/or health issues.  Your time to do what you want and go where you want is now.

It's not the dog's fault.  it's your wife's fault, and I think you know that.  Her unhealthy relationship with this dog, making your life revolve around the dog, running your life, etc. is ruining your life and relationship.  She has got to understand and put her husband and her marriage first, over the darn dog.  Good luck!

Definitely not the dogs fault. Dogs just happy to be around us. 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2018, 11:36:16 PM »
It's weird. When I met her she had 2 dogs. She can't have kids so her dogs are like her kids. They were a package deal. I didn't mind too much as I was still working, and the dogs were yorkies. Hypo allergenic, and don't shed. Fast forward 4 years and one of them dies suddenly from a brain tumor. So I'm thinking 1 down, 1 to go. He's 8 now, so I got 7 years max to go.  But nooooooo, Idiot me gives into the Misses whining that he's lonely and needs another partner etc etc. So I think I'm being smart and agree with the condition we get a dog of the same age. I'm not about to start the clock over. So we adopt an 8 year old rescue Yorkie that turns out to really be 6.. But ok.. close enough. Now, the original  dog passed away at 13 last year and I'm stuck with this one... She's about 12 and seems to be in good health. I'm not anti dog, in fact, I love dogs, I just don't put them in the same category as humans and I don't think life revolves around their schedule like she does. When we do travel, it's because we hire a friggin sitter to stay in our house for $40 a day since there isn't a boarding place that exists that meets her approval. It's getting old. I'm getting old  :)

You’re not old - Just tired of being restricted as to what you can do by a dogs requirements
And understandably so.
Do she not have any friends/ neighbours that she trusts to leave the dog with ?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2018, 07:24:36 AM »
Definitely not the dogs fault. Dogs just happy to be around us. 

I just gave you one more thing to regret on your death bed, not getting marital or relationship counseling as soon as loco suggested you do.   :D

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2018, 08:26:07 AM »
When I met her she had 2 dogs. the dogs were yorkies. Fast forward 4 years and one of them dies suddenly from a brain tumor. So I'm thinking 1 down, 1 to go.

lmfao

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2018, 08:26:10 AM »
she must have some killer pussy . The problem iv found is some hoes know they got top shelf pussy and only put out here n there
A

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »
Last night vewy tired i closed my eyes and repeated' iam me i am me ,i am this thing, god show me the way'......i almost felt like i was in that inbetween state where i was kinda awake , eyes shut, maybe something strange might happen

ask god for knowledge and wisdom - in good faith... and your eyes will be opened.

read this - carefully:

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2018, 10:18:12 AM »
I just gave you one more thing to regret on your death bed, not getting marital or relationship counseling as soon as loco suggested you do.   :D

I don't need a stranger to tell me what's wrong. I know :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2018, 10:26:34 AM »
I don't need a stranger to tell me what's wrong. I know :)

Maybe, but your woman needs a stranger to tell her what's wrong, and what she needs to do to make it right.  She won't listen to you, but she might listen to a counselor.  This stranger will likely have tips, tricks, suggestions for both of you on how to deal with the problem.

BTW, your response is typical of people who turn down help they desperately need, because they are too proud to admit they need it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2018, 10:27:59 AM »
Maybe, but your woman needs a stranger to tell her what's wrong.  She won't listen to you, but she might listen to a counselor.  This stranger will likely have tips, tricks, suggestions for both of you on how to deal with the problem.

BTW, your response is typical of people who turn down help they desperately need, because they are too proud to admit they need it.

That is true. The part about her needing a stranger to tell her. I suspect she knows it already.

On the last part, you couldn't be further from the truth. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2018, 10:30:15 AM »
That is true. The part about her needing a stranger to tell her. I suspect she knows it already.

On the last part, you couldn't be further from the truth. 

She needs to hear it from a stranger, and the counselor(stranger) will tell her what to do to make it right and how to do it.

Your response is either typical or it isn't. Well, it is.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2018, 10:32:04 AM »
It's actually a pretty good question and my answer is that I don't really know. I want to think I understand it, but something tells me that when I am on my death bed, that's when it will all come clear and I will know if I wasted years in a relationship that doesn't matter. If I achieved my full potential of happiness. And then, I may realize it's too late. I constantly wonder,  since I believe when you die it's over, that I may not be getting the most out of life that I could.. but then, I wonder if it does not matter what you have or who your with, will you ever be completely happy..

Just wait, it gets worse the older you are. You shouldn't wait years to find out about a relationship.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2018, 10:35:13 AM »
I picture myself on my death bed, if I am lucky enough to have that option, and wonder about some things. Not all things. But some things.. and wonder if at that point I will look back and think I should have done something different
Live each day to the fullest of your capability and there's no need to second guess your choices.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2018, 10:38:30 AM »
Primemuscle u always seem to maintain a positive outlook maybe you need to go vegan to feel bad
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2018, 10:41:42 AM »

Just between you and me... I don't really regret much of my life. My what if's aren't that major. I fell into a job I loved, and invested during my time with that job and I was fortunate to retire at 53. But I am in a relationship that I am not all that happy with.  Don't get me wrong, there are some good times and good memories, but I am so limited with what I can do or where I can go based on whether she can find a dog sitter (That's right, a dog sitter) for our yorkie. I can't tell you how many events or trips I have had to cancel or not even go on because of a dog. I've been retired 2 years and haven't been to Europe yet because she can't be without our dog for 10 days. So I wonder, if at the end of my life, I will look back and say "Yeah, you sacrificed for a happy marriage" or "What the fuck were you thinking?!"

Go to Europe or wherever you want. If your wife can't be without her dog for ten days to be with you, well...it say's volumes. Marriage counseling won't work unless you want it to.