Author Topic: Just did legs -- feel like crap  (Read 16884 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Just did legs -- feel like crap
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2018, 03:37:02 PM »
HN, bodybuilding and age are not the subject of much research. I look at the past champions and most are way down on what they used to be. Well, most stop training like they did when they competed. Muscles atrophy if not stimulated by resistance training. I know protocols that are effective. When applied they enable old men to build larger, stronger muscles. It comes as a surprise to me to find myself getting much stronger in some exercises than when I competed. The hypertrophy training causes real growth without needing any chemical assistance. So many older men resort to HRT and what a pity that is. People prefer the easy way instead of earning muscle growth. As we have seen in this thread most people are unwilling to change what they believe. I am talking to a deaf audience.

The exact same thing can be said about you. Nobody is more unwilling, more dogmatic, and more closed minded than you are. You think you have all the answers, none of which have been proven. And you are so behind in scientific research because you simply have interest in learning. And why should you when you think you know everything already.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2018, 03:38:50 PM »
Pellius do you do any cardio? If not, how active are you during the day?

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2018, 03:39:18 PM »

My crucial point re hypertrophy is that growth can occur if DOMS is present the following 2 or three days after a workout. This applies to advanced trainees as well. Sure, it isn’t easy to get a muscle like biceps sore, but if you can then growth will follow.

My triceps are far bigger now than when I competed. I conclude that my ideas are correct. Others might dismiss my methods but there you are, everyone is an expert!

And there you are. Only you are an expert.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2018, 03:52:33 PM »
The exact same thing can be said about you. Nobody is more unwilling, more dogmatic, and more closed minded than you are. You think you have all the answers, none of which have been proven. And you are so behind in scientific research because you simply have interest in learning. And why should you when you think you know everything already.

Why the personal attack? You have to kill my theory not me as a person. If you refute what I claim I will definitely change what I believe. Not many here will even try my method. Being able to grow muscle in old age is important. I am talking about bodybuilding gains over many years which is an area seldom covered in scientific experiments.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2018, 03:53:16 PM »
Yeah but Groink was natural and you're a walking pharmacy in that picture.

Bicep looks spongy and squishy

"Elf"....LMFAO....get a fucking life.

You're an idiot. Groink was never natural. He use to hit me up for gh and gear sources when I was a mod on the gh15 board. I still have the PMs where I had to walk him through the ordering process for Nordic because he was too much of a moron to follow simple directions.

Tren and gh were heavy on the menu.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2018, 04:03:34 PM »

Why the personal attack? You have to kill my theory not me as a person. If you refute what I claim I will definitely change what I believe. Not many here will even try my method. Being able to grow muscle in old age is important. I am talking about bodybuilding gains over many years which is an area seldom covered in scientific experiments.

I am calling you what you always call the rest of us. I've already tried your theory. I've tried every theory in my my over 46 years of continuous training. I am far more experienced and educated than you are regarding resistance training and keep up with journals and website which analyze and discuss their findings. When you say nonsense like few studies have been done on topics like age, muscle atrophy/hypertrophy, protein intake, how certain exercises stimulate specific muscle groups.... None of this you are aware of because you think you know everything.

And, lastly, I am there in the gym actually working out. You haven't trained serious for decades.

You should be coming to me for advice.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2018, 04:14:20 PM »
I am calling you what you always call the rest of us. I've already tried your theory. I've tried every theory in my my over 46 years of continuous training. I am far more experienced and educated than you are regarding resistance training and keep up with journals and website which analyze and discuss their findings. When you say nonsense like few studies have been done on topics like age, muscle atrophy/hypertrophy, protein intake, how certain exercises stimulate specific muscle groups.... None of this you are aware of because you think you know everything.

And, lastly, I am there in the gym actually working out. You haven't trained serious for decades.

That was a great freaking answer Pellius, lol.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »

Lol! Pellius I am the master here. You are a reluctant deciple. Your recalcitrance is quite annoying. Please show me the respect I deserve.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »
Comparing you to Groink? You look like shit. HTH
No,comparing me to you  !

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2018, 04:36:26 PM »

Lol! Pellius I am the master here. You are a reluctant deciple. Your recalcitrance is quite annoying. Please show me the respect I deserve.

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2018, 04:40:22 PM »
No,comparing me to you  !
You're about 4 decades over the hill old man. Give it up.

Brian Poulos

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
You're an idiot. Groink was never natural. He use to hit me up for gh and gear sources when I was a mod on the gh15 board. I still have the PMs where I had to walk him through the ordering process for Nordic because he was too much of a moron to follow simple directions.

Tren and gh were heavy on the menu.
Another "elf". What an embarrassment.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2018, 06:33:12 PM »

I'm convinced the entire post history of the Vince B account is one giant troll effort.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:20 PM »
I'm convinced the entire post history of the Vince B account is one giant troll effort.

You really are one dense entity. I NEVER joke about hypertrophy, training, gyms or gym equipment.

What you!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2018, 07:16:58 PM »
5 pages about arguing whose dick is bigger is getting old. Bodybuilding is a strange community. Yes, I type here too so I must be just as fucked up.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2018, 07:20:11 PM »
Free Ebook that might help Pellius and other who have very set ideas about hypertrophy. Read the principle about frequency. It is supported by scientific research.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nz28u6ifk7h36he/HST_Ebook.pdf

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
Arnold, Sergio, Padilla, Dickerson, and many others trained a body part three times a week.

Larry Scott, Robby,Coleman and others trained body parts twice a week.

Yates and a bunch of others once a week.

Which one was limiting their muscle growth? 

Equalizer

• Getbig II
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2018, 10:41:26 PM »
Arnold, Sergio, Padilla, Dickerson, and many others trained a body part three times a week.

Larry Scott, Robby,Coleman and others trained body parts twice a week.

Yates and a bunch of others once a week.

Which one was limiting their muscle growth? 

And each one was bigger than the previous. They should be training each bodypart once every 9-10 days by now.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2018, 11:10:52 PM »
And each one was bigger than the previous. They should be training each bodypart once every 9-10 days by now.

I went from 3X a week to 2X and improved. When I went from 2X to 1X I actually saw some strength losses. I even tried once every 9-10 days and it was worse. I now train the whole body every 5 days and feel great with noticeable increases in strength.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2018, 02:24:39 AM »
Pellius do you do any cardio? If not, how active are you during the day?

I think I do though others differ. I follow the Arthur Jones principle of training your individual muscles anaerobically and your body as a whole aerobically. That means I train my muscles anaerobically during a set. A short high-intensity burst of effort then I move on to another exercise with the only rest being walking to the equipment. Even when I need to catch my breath, especially after a set of legs, I walk back and forth in the gym until I get my breath back and I'm ready to go. The main thing is to keep moving. Keep the fire burning. None of this sitting around on your phone or watching the TV monitor. No way I'm going to walk on the treadmill or ride the stationary bike for a 30/45 minutes.

I quit my job at City Mill so on the 5 days of the week when I don't go to the gym I just do regular day to day things. I spend a lot of time on the computer and I read a lot. Then there are household chores and running various errands. I'm kind of half-heartedly looking for another part-time job. I just don't feel right not working and it's a good way to interact with people other than family. I do some charity work that I mentioned before in which we try to help homeless people, and people in general, that are in the advanced stages of diabetes. I look for the ones with swollen discolored lower legs.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: December 08, 2018, 02:42:08 AM »

LOL, no you are not. You are no master and nobody recognizes you as such. You have a lot to learn but you have such a closed and dogmatic mind. You have an exaggerated sense of self-importance and need to get off your high horse and drop the condescending attitude you have toward everybody here. You are not better or more intelligent than the rest of us.

I am far more educated and well-read than you are regarding physical training. I keep an open mind and explore and experiment with new ideas. And I have vastly -- VASTLY -- more hands-on and real-world experience than you will ever have unless you start training now and live to be a 125 years old.

While you sit behind a computer preaching and lecturing to me as to what I should be doing I am in the gym today actually doing.

You need to do more doing and less yapping.

Just ended a chest, back, and delt workout here. Feeling pretty spent and worn out but Jack-in-the-Box is giving out free milkshakes with any purchase. It will go good with my Double Whopper and fries. I don't make 20 grand a month which is the minimum some getbiggers need to survive so I always look for good deals Goodrum style. In a couple of hours I'll be fine and in a couple of days, I'll be ready to hit arms and legs again HIT style.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #121 on: December 08, 2018, 03:23:30 AM »
Pellius, here you are on Getbig and look like a wasting away urchin. Why not have a goal to put two inches on your arms? That would impress us here and perhaps help you get some needed self-esteem.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #122 on: December 08, 2018, 04:46:47 AM »
Pellius, here you are on Getbig and look like a wasting away urchin. Why not have a goal to put two inches on your arms? That would impress us here and perhaps help you get some needed self-esteem.

You're right, he needs more safety fat, like you Vince.

X

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #123 on: December 08, 2018, 06:38:10 AM »
LOL, no you are not. You are no master and nobody recognizes you as such. You have a lot to learn but you have such a close and dogmatic mind. You have an exaggerated sense of self-importance and need to get off your high horse and drop the condescending attitude you have toward everybody here. You are not better or more intelligent than the rest of us.

I am far more educated and well-read than you are regarding physical training. I keep an open mind and explore and experiment with new ideas. And I have vastly -- VASTLY -- more hands-on and real-world experience than you will ever have unless you start training now and live to be a 125 years old.

While you sit behind a computer preaching and lecturing to me as to what I should be doing I am in the gym today actually doing.

You need to do more doing and less yapping.

Just ended a chest, back, and delt workout here. Feeling pretty spent and worn out but Jack-in-the-Box is giving out free milkshakes with any purchase. It will go good with my Double Whopper and fries. I don't make 20 grand a month which is the minimum some getbiggers need to survive so I always look for good deal Goodrum style. In a couple of hours I'll be fine and in a couple of days I'll be ready to hit arms and legs again HIT style.

Looking good. Keep going.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: December 08, 2018, 09:43:29 AM »
I think someone may have hacked Vince B's account.