Author Topic: 500+ priests accused of sexual abuse not yet publicly identified by Church  (Read 4672 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-illinois-attorney-general-catholic-priest-abuse-20181219-story.html

A scathing report from Attorney General Lisa Madigan finds the number of Catholic priests accused of sexual abuse against children in Illinois is much higher than previously acknowledged.

The report said accusations have been leveled against 690 priests, while Catholic officials have publicly identified only 185 clergy with credible allegations against them.

The determination is part of a preliminary report made public Wednesday by Madigan’s office, which has been investigating Catholic clergy sexual abuse of minors following revelations during the summer of widespread abuse and cover-ups by Catholic officials in Pennsylvania. The report was critical of the six Catholic dioceses that govern parishes across Illinois for their lack of transparency and flawed investigations.

Although the report says that “Clergy sexual abuse of minors in Illinois is significantly more extensive than the Illinois Dioceses previously reported,” it does not estimate how many of the allegations against the 690 clergy should have been deemed credible. Some of the allegations go back decades.

The report says Illinois dioceses “have lost sight of both a key tenet” of policies laid out by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops as well as “the most obvious human need as a result of these abhorrent acts of abuse: the healing and reconciliation of survivors.”

“Long after legal remedies have expired, the Catholic Church has the ability and moral responsibility to survivors to offer support and services, and to take swift action to remove abusive clergy,” the report states.

In a prepared statement, Chicago Cardinal Blase Cupich acknowledged that victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests continue to live with the pain. He said the archdiocese has been looking into the issue of sexual abuse since at least 1991, when then-Cardinal Joseph Bernardin formed a special commission. He also cited the archdiocese’s Office for the Protection of Children and Youth as a way it has tried to help survivors.

“I want to express again the profound regret of the whole church for our failures to address the scourge of clerical sexual abuse,” Cupich said in the statement. “It is the courage of the victim-survivors that has shed purifying light on this dark chapter in church history.”

Madigan stressed the findings issued in the report are based on a preliminary investigation, and it was too soon to say what, if any, action should be brought by her office. She said she would like to see her successor, Democrat Kwame Raoul, continue the inquiry next year.

In a statement issued Wednesday, Raoul committed to continuing the inquiry once his term begins.

One of the reasons the preliminary findings were made public now is that the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops is expected to meet in January at Mundelein Seminary in suburban Chicago to discuss the ongoing clergy sex abuse scandal, Madigan said.
X

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 500+ priests accused of sexual abuse not yet publicly identified by Church
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »
Maybe they were just curious

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 01:18:29 PM »
this is freaking sickening. about time these overstuffed pompous holier than thou monsters get exposed for the miscreants that they are.
F

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
What a surprise.

::)
T

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 01:39:40 PM »
Where are the bodies?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 02:08:01 PM »
I don't doubt there are a lot of pedophile priests as what guy agrees to never have sex with a woman unless he already has one foot on queer street?  That being said I think it is also possible that because of the money being paid out to victims there are those who are making shit up.  Once the church started paying out millions anyone who ever was an alter boy in the church must have at least been tempted to say #metoo and collect that huge settlement.  If the priest in question has already died as many have that makes it even easier to collect as no one can dispute the story.  Even if the priest is still alive and does defend himself most juries are siding with the perceived victim.  This is one reason why there should not be cash payouts to victims as it attracts fake victims.  If the perp really did it let him rot in prison but no money unless it was a theft or vandalism to property.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 03:15:12 PM »
I don't doubt there are a lot of pedophile priests as what guy agrees to never have sex with a woman unless he already has one foot on queer street?  That being said I think it is also possible that because of the money being paid out to victims there are those who are making shit up.  Once the church started paying out millions anyone who ever was an alter boy in the church must have at least been tempted to say #metoo and collect that huge settlement.  If the priest in question has already died as many have that makes it even easier to collect as no one can dispute the story.  Even if the priest is still alive and does defend himself most juries are siding with the perceived victim.  This is one reason why there should not be cash payouts to victims as it attracts fake victims.  If the perp really did it let him rot in prison but no money unless it was a theft or vandalism to property.

So your solution is everyone is lying?  

Lol no money unless its theft or vandalism? The priests steal money from the congregation so they can vandalize little boys private parts...... that is why there is payouts.

Its not like the state made up these claims and didn't investigate them....

What if we dont allow religious groups to be tax exempt?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 03:24:55 PM »
So your solution is everyone is lying?  

Lol no money unless its theft or vandalism? The priests steal money from the congregation so they can vandalize little boys private parts...... that is why there is payouts.

Its not like the state made up these claims and didn't investigate them....

What if we dont allow religious groups to be tax exempt?
Where did you read that I said everyone is lying?  I totally believe the boys that first came forward 20 years ago but I guarantee there are those especially new cases that just want a check.  Many of these priests have already died and the church paid out with no real proof other than accusations.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »
Religion of peace

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2018, 03:44:39 PM »
My ex-ex-boss was gay, his boyfriend used to be a catholic priest.  He told me that 90% of priests are gay.  They pair up with each other.  The rectory is basically a gay brothel.  Having gay sex and then saying mass was a norm.  Some have had sex with gay altar boys.  There are many altar boys that have never come forward to admit this or the abuse.  This shit has been going on for many years.

Religion?   ??? ::)   Every one of them is all bullshit.  

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2018, 04:27:07 PM »
Where did you read that I said everyone is lying?  I totally believe the boys that first came forward 20 years ago but I guarantee there are those especially new cases that just want a check.  Many of these priests have already died and the church paid out with no real proof other than accusations.

I wasnt trying to attack you personally, so I apologize.

I'm sure there are new cases that are falsely accused priests but the problem is that the sexual abuses actually happened. At that point you let the court sort it out. I would imagine it wouldn't be a class action lawsuit where everyone gets a cut of the settlement.

The guilty priests should be held accountable as should the church body that tried to cover it up  and unfortunately financial payments are they only punishment they feel.

The catholic church isnt the victim here, they knew what was alleged and what was going on, they could have easily taken care of these predators but they tried to sweep it under the rug.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »
Where are the bodies prolapsed rectums?

fixed it
T

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2018, 12:45:23 AM »
500k+ muslims sexually abuse 12yo girls on a daily basis, openly identified and praised by their peers.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2018, 03:54:03 AM »
I wasnt trying to attack you personally, so I apologize.

I'm sure there are new cases that are falsely accused priests but the problem is that the sexual abuses actually happened. At that point you let the court sort it out. I would imagine it wouldn't be a class action lawsuit where everyone gets a cut of the settlement.

The guilty priests should be held accountable as should the church body that tried to cover it up  and unfortunately financial payments are they only punishment they feel.

The catholic church isnt the victim here, they knew what was alleged and what was going on, they could have easily taken care of these predators but they tried to sweep it under the rug.
The Catholic congregations need to be responsible as well and demand changes and more transparency.  If I were Catholic there is no way in Hell I would let my sons be alter boys or ever alone with a priest anywhere.  Since I could not trust them I see no reason why I would continue being Catholic.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 04:36:27 AM »
Went to Catholic school for 14 years.

Lots of gay priests and brothers for sure.

Lots of nuns are dykes too.

Allowing heterosexual priests to marry will fix it to large degree but not completely. 

You'd also have to allow gay priests to marry of course.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 05:01:21 AM »
Went to Catholic school for 14 years.

Lots of gay priests and brothers for sure.

Lots of nuns are dykes too.

Allowing heterosexual priests to marry will fix it to large degree but not completely. 

You'd also have to allow gay priests to marry of course.

The reason I don't think they will ever allow priests to marry is money.  To financially take care of a single man in a minimal existence is very cheap.  To take care of that same man with a wife and six kids and expand that over the whole globe is another thing entirely.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2018, 07:10:21 AM »
religion of piece of ass

usmcdevildoc

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »
My ex-ex-boss was gay, his boyfriend used to be a catholic priest.  He told me that 90% of priests are gay.  They pair up with each other.  The rectory is basically a gay brothel.  Having gay sex and then saying mass was a norm.  Some have had sex with gay altar boys.  There are many altar boys that have never come forward to admit this or the abuse.  This shit has been going on for many years.

Religion?   ??? ::)   Every one of them is all bullshit.  

Yea you can get the general idea by looking at  the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel -- all old men and little boys-- no naked women there.
I remember a priest attempting to touch my di ck when I was 12. I kicked him in the nuts and was expelled from school. Last time I was ever in a Catholic Church too.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »
Yea you can get the general idea by looking at  the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel -- all old men and little boys-- no naked women there.
I remember a priest attempting to touch my di ck when I was 12. I kicked him in the nuts and was expelled from school. Last time I was ever in a Catholic Church too.

You probably shouldn't have told that story as you'll be accused of homophobia by the left wing libtards on getbig.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • "Woke is a cult." - Joe Rogan
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2018, 11:37:01 AM »
Yea you can get the general idea by looking at  the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel -- all old men and little boys-- no naked women there.

I had a Catholic Brother tell me to bend over in high school.

Told him "No way!"

Guy was later arrested for molesting young boys.

Lots of them are gay but they are not all molesters of course.

The dyke nuns just like to beat on you.  Rough broads.

I'd never send my kids to Catholic schools.

Sinum

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2018, 12:13:17 PM »
Dirty filthy catholic scums.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2018, 12:44:58 PM »
If they put out Chick-fil-a then they are alright in my book.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »

good for you man, that's what those turds needed.
F

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2018, 03:17:47 PM »

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2018, 10:12:17 AM »
This should not come as a surprise to anyone. The papacy has a long history of bachanalian, lurid, lascivious behaviour.

One pope died while being sodomized by an alter boy. Many convents in the middle ages were nothing more than brothels and prostitutes were actually cleaner. Prostitutes who served the clergy were called "courtesans" at one point the clergy had fallen into such a state of disgrace due their drunken, glutton and vulgar ways it was considered an insult to be called a preacher. It's pretty well known that the virgin Mary was a who're a Joseph a cuckold. One absurd event was called the dance of the chestnuts was an extravagant orgy involving 50 prostitutes and the pope and clergy.. a common way to handle a problem was to bribe a person by making him a cardinal if that didn't work the next step was torture. With a start like that is it a wonder that it's devolved into pedophilia?

Islam is even worse it's rooted in pedophilia,  beastiallity and degenerated into the sickening violence that we see today. Islam has actually moved backward. Cavedwelleers that behead infidels.

That anyone takes any of these fairytales seriously is an indicator of just who gullible a large percentage of the earth population is.

If anyone is interested in a really good read take a look at A WORLD LIT BY FIRE.