Author Topic: Big and very Strong Traps  (Read 13260 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Big and very Strong Traps
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 11:48:48 AM »
Those weights do not consitute lifting son.  ANd I don't know whats wrong with the pic looks normal to me.  My arm is pressed up against my body is the only thing I can figure is making it press out.  Other than that don't see anything different.  My arms were 21"+ so not sure if they look bigger or what.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 11:49:29 AM »
Onlyme... There was a British guy who promoted Arm Wrestling for years (throught all the 90's for sure). He lived in Los Angeles, on the Westside, I think. I would see him from time-to-time and he would always give me his business card and ask me if I wanted to do some "Pullin'". Real nice guy. I really stink at Pullin'/arm wrerstling (even at my very biggest, I was terrible).

I can't remember his name.... did you know this guy? Paul? maybe...

-Tom
a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 11:53:51 AM »
  The middle picture of the arm wrestling one's. Your arm is extended but the biceps still peaks up. Very suspicious :-\
  And I do lift. Did 138*7 on the bench and 138*10 on the squat, just yesterday.

Nice.  Just a little better than my training partner (my 15-year-old daughter). 

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »
Well I was casted as Bull Hurley after Biog John Studd quit.  Did a photo shoot after I won the Denver Over the Top tournament.  Met Stallone in a meeting looked good.  Paula Gordon who was heading up his production company and was doing most of the casting from White Eagle Productions called me one day to tell me Stallone's wife (Bridgette Nielson) did not want me to play opposite of Sly, so they hired Ric Zumwalt who ended up doing really good.  He died a few years ago.  Here is during the shooting.  I ended up getting cut out of every scene since my sponsor Vuarnet at the time refused to pay the $150,000 minimum buy in for product placement.  I ended up doing just some extra work but got cut out and helped with production.  The other is me beating Ric in an event somewhere.

They cut you from playin Bull Hurley, but they decided to keep that queerass, whiny bitch kid that played Michael Cutler?  That kid fuggin pissed me off......anyway, vent over.....loved Over the Top....great movie.....sorry Drago's wife had you cut.....bitch!!

MOS

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2006, 12:01:17 PM »
Onlyme... There was a British guy who promoted Arm Wrestling for years (throught all the 90's for sure). He lived in Los Angeles, on the Westside, I think. I would see him from time-to-time and he would always give me his business card and ask me if I wanted to do some "Pullin'". Real nice guy. I really stink at Pullin'/arm wrerstling (even at my very biggest, I was terrible).

I can't remember his name.... did you know this guy? Paul? maybe...

-Tom

I am pretty sure I know him.  It's been 20 years.  There was a guy named Larry ? who ran the NAAWA (?) that is who I won the Nationals with in San Diego. Thats actually the organization I wrestled with the most cause theywere the biggest.  They had some guys in the valley who met every Wednesday to "pull".  No you got me thinking.  Let me work on that.  There was a guy who came to Hawaii for a couple years doing something but promoted armwrestling awhile.  He sounded British or Australian.  Then he moved to LA.  He had black hair mustache was about 5'10 or so and around 200 pounds.  Not sure if his name was Paul though.  

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
I actually have a couple newspaper articles saying I was co-starring in the movie.  It didn't do much to me at the time.  Then I saw how much it rocketed Ric's career.  He became pretty well know and appeared n allot of shows and even got CAA to represent him.  Then I got pissed.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »
I am pretty sure I know him.  It's been 20 years.  There was a guy named Larry ? who ran the NAAWA (?) that is who I won the Nationals with in San Diego. Thats actually the organization I wrestled with the most cause theywere the biggest.  They had some guys in the valley who met every Wednesday to "pull".  No you got me thinking.  Let me work on that.  There was a guy who came to Hawaii for a couple years doing something but promoted armwrestling awhile.  He sounded British or Australian.  Then he moved to LA.  He had black hair mustache was about 5'10 or so and around 200 pounds.  Not sure if his name was Paul though.  

British or Australian... correct. I think we may have the same guy. The NAAWA sounds familiar. The guys card had a pic of two arms locked up, ready to go. I think he had salt & pepper hair when I met him. Could be the same guy. A couple powerlifters from Gold's Venice knew him and he was definitely legit.

A girl from Gold's (I can't remember her name) trained under his guidance and won some big arm wrestling titles... maybe even the Worlds/Petaluma. Blond girl... fairly good looking... I can't come up with her name...

-Tom
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2006, 12:17:43 PM »
Well there weren't many good looking girls in armwrestling.  There was one from Canada named Dana Tiger.  She was ultra hot.  And she armwrestled in short skirts all the time.  One time she had her leg wrapped aound the table and she was wearing a thong and man it was awesome.  She was hot.  Other than her I can't name one other good looking girl.  The onlygirl name I can come up with is Dot Jones.  She was huge.  She 6'3" 270.  She could beat most guys.  She was awesome.  There is another girl who actually recruited me for the Over The Top event but I can't remember hername.  I am horrible with names.  I really don't pay attention to anything when I competed.  I put dip in and psyche up the whole time by myself.  I didn't even talk to too many guys.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »
Cool... I'll find out the girls name from somebody at Gold's this week and post it. She trained with Kurt Elder (220 state champ & good national PL'er) & friends.
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2006, 12:28:56 PM »
You have to remember cause sometimes I do, that if she is good looking she is probably young.  I competed in the early to mid 80's.  ANyone after that I have no idea about especially anyone not in my weight class.  I knew a few just by seeing them at the events.  I just rememebr the one girls first name.  It was Lori.  I will remember the last give me some time.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:38 PM »
 :)
a

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:41 PM »
Traps are too easy too grow for me thats why I don't train them directly anymore. Before I would go up to 495 pds barabell shrugs to the front. When I was 16 I used to pile 6 plates a side on machine shrugs. I always get some sort of marks all over them after I train them hard.
just push some weight!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2006, 12:41:55 PM »
What peak.  I don't ever recall me having to much of a peak.  And what picture are you talking about  Lucious are you really this stupid.  I love guys who don't lift who pop off. 

What do you mean don't lift Keith? Lucious has 13" arms!

The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2006, 12:47:06 PM »
Well there weren't many good looking girls in armwrestling.  There was one from Canada named Dana Tiger.  She was ultra hot.  And she armwrestled in short skirts all the time.  One time she had her leg wrapped aound the table and she was wearing a thong and man it was awesome.  She was hot.  Other than her I can't name one other good looking girl.  The onlygirl name I can come up with is Dot Jones.  She was huge.  She 6'3" 270.  She could beat most guys.  She was awesome.  There is another girl who actually recruited me for the Over The Top event but I can't remember hername.  I am horrible with names.  I really don't pay attention to anything when I competed.  I put dip in and psyche up the whole time by myself.  I didn't even talk to too many guys.

You would dip while you were armwrestling?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2006, 12:49:47 PM »
Traps are too easy too grow for me thats why I don't train them directly anymore. Before I would go up to 495 pds barabell shrugs to the front. When I was 16 I used to pile 6 plates a side on machine shrugs. I always get some sort of marks all over them after I train them hard.

You are so full of shit. How the hell could you manage to actually roll your shoulders to do a rep with 495 pounds with a barbell?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2006, 01:05:29 PM »
Those weights do not consitute lifting son.  ANd I don't know whats wrong with the pic looks normal to me.  My arm is pressed up against my body is the only thing I can figure is making it press out.  Other than that don't see anything different.  My arms were 21"+ so not sure if they look bigger or what.

Great retort. Gotta say it with a Foghorn Leghorn Drawl, tho.  ;D 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2006, 01:36:30 PM »
You would dip while you were armwrestling?

I armwrestled inside.  I kept my body very tight and tensed from the start.  SOme guys pulled where they drop like Ric is doing.  I separated my shoulder sevral times when I was younger and I was alwasy afriad of doing that while wrestling.  SO I kept in close.  When I first started my shoulder would sometime hit my arm and I would get warned.  Allot of technigue and styles.   I relyed on my strength for most of my wins.  I was very fast once i learned how to start.  Scott Norton was a huge guy that always beat mne cause he was as strong as me and allot quicker.  He outweighed me by abuot 50 pounds or so too, which didn't matter than much.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2006, 01:41:27 PM »
  The middle picture of the arm wrestling one's. Your arm is extended but the biceps still peaks up. Very suspicious :-\
  And I do lift. Did 138*7 on the bench and 138*10 on the squat, just yesterday.
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! those numbers!!!!!!!!!!!! what a beast.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

FOR REAL

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2006, 03:32:15 PM »
wow onlyme u are a fat bastard.. please change your name to onlyme and the all you can eat buffet.

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2006, 03:58:14 PM »
I actually have a couple newspaper articles saying I was co-starring in the movie.  It didn't do much to me at the time.  Then I saw how much it rocketed Ric's career.  He became pretty well know and appeared n allot of shows and even got CAA to represent him.  Then I got pissed.
haha owned.

and now you re constently telling us your 'has been 'stories we dont give a fuck about.

What a loser.

triple_pickle

• Getbig IV
  • Pull Hard, Move Fast
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2006, 04:02:55 PM »
Traps are too easy too grow for me thats why I don't train them directly anymore.

is this why your neck is only 16"?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2006, 04:36:59 PM »
is this why your neck is only 16"?

:-\ weird huh?
just push some weight!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2006, 05:34:59 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2006, 07:36:20 PM »
wow onlyme u are a fat bastard.. please change your name to onlyme and the all you can eat buffet.

Yeah.  Go ahead and attack a guy who was one of the strongest men in the world and is just an all around good person.  Grow up.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2006, 07:41:02 PM »
haha owned.

and now you re constently telling us your 'has been 'stories we dont give a f**k about.

What a loser.
shut up moron.
Jaejonna rows 125!!