Author Topic: dieting on 1500 calories per day for 6-8 weeks!  (Read 21401 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: dieting on 1500 calories per day for 6-8 weeks!
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2019, 06:40:21 AM »
isnt it the exact opposite? that the tourists are the ones that are willing to pay 40 bucks

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2019, 08:21:54 AM »
isnt it the exact opposite? that the tourists are the ones that are willing to pay 40 bucks

Usually yes. Lots of tourists that come through but they don’t pay just to tour the gym.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2019, 09:08:45 AM »
$40 for a 1 day pass? :o  Good luck at the contest and keep your sanity for the next 9 weeks.

As long as I’m getting my couple of cheat meals per week in I’ll be fine but I expect to have one removed in the next few weeks

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2019, 11:47:05 AM »
i'm down to 1200 calories per day for the coming 10 days see how that'll work.

i drink only water these days... very fun times  ::) but hey i just wanna get it over with

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2019, 04:25:57 PM »
i'm down to 1200 calories per day for the coming 10 days see how that'll work.

i drink only water these days... very fun times  ::) but hey i just wanna get it over with

Swimming & diving trough the waves of 2-3 m for hours is a killer workout , or diving under waves ........... ;)

after 2-3 hours of that enjoyment you'll be starving & exhausted ............ ;D

visit Hawaii or Australia for 6 months & you could get ripped .............

swimming in flat/calm waters (& pools) sucks , no much body resistance ...............

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2019, 05:32:32 PM »
I like how steroid users say they can't lose anymore body weight because their body fat level is so low. Maybe true but for how long will you be at that body weight and leaness without using steroids? You have to come off at some time. You can't stay on drugs year round year for years and not hurt your health.  

As I previously wrote I have never dieted for more than a week in my whole life. I always could out work my diet.  No more. I'm tempted to start a diet soon and use pictures. Since I'm a true natural I'm sure no one would be impressed to see.  I had a testosterone blood test years ago and I was border line low so a doc put me on clomid for two months. Another doctor said it was insane that  he put me on that so I threw the pills in the garbage.  

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
i find dieting pretty easy and im real low on calories.

lot of people diet on 2000-2500 caloriers per day, that's like 3 full meals, hard to see how that can be a problem

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2019, 05:39:45 PM »
I like how steroid users say they can't lose anymore body weight because their body fat level is so low. Maybe true but for how long will you be at that body weight and leaness without using steroids? You have to come off at some time. You can't stay on drugs year round year for years and not hurt your health.  

As I previously wrote I have never dieted for more than a week in my whole life. I always could out work my diet.  No more. I'm tempted to start a diet soon and use pictures. Since I'm a true natural I'm sure no one would be impressed to see.  I had a testosterone blood test years ago and I was border line low so a doc put me on clomid for two months. Another doctor said it was insane that  he put me on that so I threw the pills in the garbage.  

Visit Dr.#.3 , other ways >>> GB Steroids Dpt.,

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2019, 06:39:47 PM »

Guys stay on for 25+ years, many never come off

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2019, 06:51:29 PM »

Guys stay on for 25+ years, many never come off

lol....like who? I don’t know anyone that stupid

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2019, 08:40:56 PM »
$40 for a 1 day pass? :o  Good luck at the contest and keep your sanity for the next 9 weeks.

it used to be $10, then $20 (since ive going last several years) now $40.... it keeps out the tourist, plus ppl who drive to golds will pay $40 to train there. i had too last time as well. its $120-$140 for a month which ive done.

hell a drop in  yoga session is $20-$40 (when you add in towel matt) so $40 i can justify if im there for the random session.

and coach keep it up! pose hard  8)

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2019, 08:51:14 PM »
pic from golds - love training there. a little outside training  8)

i will train there for 2-4 days in October - if anyone wants to get an epic pump with me let know  8) - i train for the pump

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2019, 08:54:09 PM »
it used to be $10, then $20 (since ive going last several years) now $40.... it keeps out the tourist, plus ppl who drive to golds will pay $40 to train there. i had too last time as well. its $120-$140 for a month which ive done.

hell a drop in  yoga session is $20-$40 (when you add in towel matt) so $40 i can justify if im there for the random session.

and coach keep it up! pose hard  8)

My wife and I pay $138mo total. Did you just sign for a month at a time?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2019, 08:54:52 PM »

i will train there for 2-4 days in October - if anyone wants to get an epic pump with me let know  8) - i train for the pump

And hit me up when you’re in town.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2019, 09:03:52 PM »
for sure i will contact you -  it will be around 17th to 22ish of oct. my bday is then and ill be in LA.

and i just dropped $140 at the desk since it was no contract for 1 month. i was there for 2 weeks. maybe i got sold?

not sure, but i used the gym 12 days so i was cool with the price. 

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2019, 09:04:21 PM »
My wife and I pay $138mo total. Did you just sign for a month at a time?

Man, every time you post about the cost of living out there I am just completely blown away.

Granted, I joined 24 on a 3yr PIF when they were trying to raise capital for $699 with an ANNUAL renewal rate of $29 w/access to all of their clubs.  It's the one bill that I truly love paying every year.  Every time it comes in the mail I get a huge smile on my face, and a little chuckle comes out of my mouth in disbelief that they actually honored that.  It just came up this month, and I paid it yesterday over the phone.....$31.04 with tax, and I'm good for an entire year!!! 8)

How many weeks out are you now Coach?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: follow me dieting for 6 weeks!
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2019, 09:17:09 PM »
we'll need a three site skinfold

4 site is better, and can be done on your own pretty easily.  Here's a site that figures it out for you. 
http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/skinfold4Site.php

Here's a cheap caliper.  I've gotten measured with a Skydex digital, and there is not much difference if you/the person testing you knows what their doing and is consistent with where you/they grab https://www.amazon.com/Sequoia-Caliper-Body-Measure-White/dp/B01HN6UMBK/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5_sspa?crid=VRG5VDSSFMQA&keywords=sequoia%2Btrimcal&qid=1553400338&s=gateway&sprefix=sequoia%2Btrim%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-5-fkmrnull-spons&th=1

There's also a 7 site if you have someone to do your axilla, and subscapula  http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/skinfold7Site.php

Just make a spreadsheet that has a column with weight, then bf % (you'll plug in what the site tells you), then fat weight ( formula = weight x bf excel cells), then lbm (formula = weight - fat weight excel cells)

Just copy and past the whole section for as many weeks as your diet is, and plug in the info as you go each week and it does everything for you! 8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2019, 09:09:23 AM »

Man, every time you post about the cost of living out there I am just completely blown away.

Granted, I joined 24 on a 3yr PIF when they were trying to raise capital for $699 with an ANNUAL renewal rate of $29 w/access to all of their clubs.  It's the one bill that I truly love paying every year.  Every time it comes in the mail I get a huge smile on my face, and a little chuckle comes out of my mouth in disbelief that they actually honored that.  It just came up this month, and I paid it yesterday over the phone.....$31.04 with tax, and I'm good for an entire year!!! 8)

How many weeks out are you now Coach?

Got to admit I'm paying a lot in gym fees since I have 3 memberships which I pay a total of $308 but I can write it off.

I'm officially 9 weeks out from yesterday but I'll be ready a week before so I like to think I'm 8 weeks out

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: follow me dieting for 6 weeks!
« Reply #143 on: March 24, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
4 site is better, and can be done on your own pretty easily.  Here's a site that figures it out for you. 
http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/skinfold4Site.php

Here's a cheap caliper.  I've gotten measured with a Skydex digital, and there is not much difference if you/the person testing you knows what their doing and is consistent with where you/they grab https://www.amazon.com/Sequoia-Caliper-Body-Measure-White/dp/B01HN6UMBK/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_5_sspa?crid=VRG5VDSSFMQA&keywords=sequoia%2Btrimcal&qid=1553400338&s=gateway&sprefix=sequoia%2Btrim%2Caps%2C184&sr=8-5-fkmrnull-spons&th=1

There's also a 7 site if you have someone to do your axilla, and subscapula  http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/skinfold7Site.php

Just make a spreadsheet that has a column with weight, then bf % (you'll plug in what the site tells you), then fat weight ( formula = weight x bf excel cells), then lbm (formula = weight - fat weight excel cells)

Just copy and past the whole section for as many weeks as your diet is, and plug in the info as you go each week and it does everything for you! 8)

I meet with my coach every week and measure with the 7 site then about once every few weeks go hydrostatic

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: March 24, 2019, 12:55:42 PM »
its indigestion from lack of salads and beans

-Probably not. I eat salad for lunch most days. I enjoy eating beans of all types. They are included in my regular diet. Didn't eat them last week though. If I had, I would have been hanging out up in the sky with helium balloons.  :)

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: March 24, 2019, 03:20:49 PM »
since i cant screw up the numbers too much that means this will be 6-8 weeks of no candy, soft drinks, potato chips etc and very little alcohol i guess i have to stay with vodka or something with few calories   :D

training is limited to twice a week.

Trust me when I tell you this is a bad plan :-X

Just cut the alcohol out altogether...you're only dieting for 6-8 weeks FFS! ::)

Alcohol often gets mistaken by people as a carb, because when think alcohol and calories they think of beer....and regular beer does have carbs and carbs are 4cals/grm.  Alcohol on the other hand is 7cals/grm....it metabolizes much closer to fat than it does a carb.  You also have to factor in that alcohol is a toxin (aka your body sees it as a poison).  That means your metabolism of food cals is going to be fucked, because your body is more concerned with processing and ridding itself of alcohol (aka poison), then it is about shuttling carbs, protein, and fat to the right places to be used and broken down.  That's  part of the reason when a person drinks too much the night before they end up with the shits or vomitting their food up.

I just stumbled onto this thread last night when I saw Coach had bumped it.  I thought this was a thread about his contest prep, and after I replied it knocked me back to the main screen and I saw that this was actually your thread.

So, in exchange for the free advice/info I just gave you; can you please save me the time of reading 6 pages and enlighten me as to why you're doing this....and more importantly wtf you are going about it in the way you've described in your first few posts?  You've been here long enough to know better than this.....unless you just consider everyone that has a post like mine that is longer than 3 sentences to not be worth your time to read, and if that's the case then you can own your failure of this endeavor of yours. 

Are you being serious, or is this just a gb troll job?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: March 24, 2019, 03:22:25 PM »

Cheezy ass facial expression, but I guess I'd be hamming it up if I was at the Mecca too. :D

Great physique Tres!  Keep up the good work! 8)

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #147 on: March 24, 2019, 03:39:59 PM »
Got to admit I'm paying a lot in gym fees since I have 3 memberships which I pay a total of $308 but I can write it off.

I didn't think about that.  I forgot you're not training at your own place anymore.  Shit between writing those memberships off, and not having a lease you're probably doing better $-wise, and have less headaches to deal with!  Win-win!

I'm officially 9 weeks out from yesterday but I'll be ready a week before so I like to think I'm 8 weeks out

Put your official date out of your head for another few weeks, and stay with that mind frame!

I'm on the comeback trail, so I need a fellow midget who is also old to inspire me that it can still be done.  I'm not lookin to do anything like you're doing, or anything beyond my trt, but I do want to get back to around 180-185 at around 9% which would be 12-17lbs less than when I felt I was my best.  Keep grindin dude.....good luck! 8)

p.s. - you're actually an older fart than me....just sayin....  ;)
(*cuz it makes me feel better about being old :'()

p.p.s - almost forgot.....how much % difference is there typically doing hydro vs. 7 site bf test?

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: March 24, 2019, 03:41:46 PM »

So, in exchange for the free advice/info I just gave you; can you please save me the time of reading 6 pages and enlighten me as to why you're doing this....and more importantly wtf you are going about it in the way you've described in your first few posts?  You've been here long enough to know better than this.....unless you just consider everyone that has a post like mine that is longer than 3 sentences to not be worth your time to read, and if that's the case then you can own your failure of this endeavor of yours. 

Are you being serious, or is this just a gb troll job?

been dieting since 7th january. only had a few beers once or twice since.

takes longer to get where i want to be, but i think thats pretty typical, people underestimate the amount of bodyfat they carry and how long it will take to lose it.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #149 on: March 24, 2019, 04:22:17 PM »
been dieting since 7th january. only had a few beers once or twice since.

takes longer to get where i want to be, but i think thats pretty typical, people underestimate the amount of bodyfat they carry and how long it will take to lose it.

Have you had your bf tested, and do you keep getting it done every week or two to make sure you're not losing muscle?  I have no idea what you weigh or how tall you are, but I'm a fucking midg, and under 200 and that's as low as I would go with cals if I ever did a show.....and that would be on basically zero carb days.

If you're not doing bf%, and just tracking weigh you should have lost a good amount by now...it'll be 3 months for you two weeks from today.