Author Topic: Lee Priest looking totally jacked!  (Read 22948 times)

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee Priest looking totally jacked!
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2006, 04:41:15 PM »
before the first pro show he won he used to compete at 215-225 and for the iroman this year he was 209 with his best conditioned mass of yet.  its dumb why do guys always bash short guys if it was so easy to be great bodybuilder short why arent there more winning shows? and duh if someone is shorter gets taller that just means they would gain wieght..  i say stop making excuses and judge the body. i cant stand when a guy is 6ft and 200 soaking wet and complains oh that guy isnt big hes just short  when the person is about the same wieght and 10 inches shorter. lol ok im done

InsightD

• Getbig II
  • There is power in numbers.
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »
Lee should be considered one of the best. period.
[-_-]

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2006, 05:17:00 AM »
Lee Priest is the man! He is definately my favorite bodybuilder out there. I am 5"4 too. He hit the nail on the head when he said "All these top bodybuilders are 6' and 280lbs plus and they have the same measurements as me...pathetic". I love it. The truth speaks. he gets ripped off at every major show. His conditioning is phenomenal.

PB

God Luke

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2006, 04:41:21 AM »

If Jay was 5'4" he'd have 31" arms, with legs to match..  Not a good way of lookin' at things..  Fact is, it's easier to get big with short limbs..
Ummmm no!! Ur a dickhead u can't even compare this but if jay was 5ft 4 his arms would actually measure smaller but they would look bigger and fuller because there is less room he has to fill out so it would give an illusion of looking bigger but in no way would it measure more…

a good example is looking at a 5ft 9 guy with 18 inch arms and a 6 ft 4 guy with 18 inch arms the 5ft 9 guys arms are going to look more jacked than the 6ft 4 guy's 18 inch arms because there is simply less room to fill out but in no way do the measure more...

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2006, 08:26:44 AM »
awesome pics
Get Big, or Die Trying

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2006, 11:17:01 AM »

If Jay was 5'4" he'd have 31" arms, with legs to match..  Not a good way of lookin' at things..  Fact is, it's easier to get big with short limbs..
?????????????That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of my ten years in the sport.

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2006, 01:48:09 PM »
Ummmm no!! Ur a dickhead u can't even compare this but if jay was 5ft 4 his arms would actually measure smaller but they would look bigger and fuller because there is less room he has to fill out so it would give an illusion of looking bigger but in no way would it measure more…

a good example is looking at a 5ft 9 guy with 18 inch arms and a 6 ft 4 guy with 18 inch arms the 5ft 9 guys arms are going to look more jacked than the 6ft 4 guy's 18 inch arms because there is simply less room to fill out but in no way do the measure more...

Who's the dickhead?  Longer limbs are harder to fill out and shorter limbs are easier to fill out.. How simple is this?
This is why Lee gets away with low dosing..  You damn short people never want to admit to this fact..

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2006, 01:50:54 PM »
?????????????That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of my ten years in the sport.

Have you been in a cave training for 10 years?  I've heard dumber things just reading your posts in this thread..

God Luke

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2006, 11:34:15 PM »
I can’t actually believe it either :-\ and the fool still thinks he isn’t talking shit

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2006, 02:25:35 AM »
I can’t actually believe it either :-\ and the fool still thinks he isn’t talking shit

You better get your facts straight before you call anybody a fool..   lol   I really couldn't care less about these short guys saying they would be the same size if I pulled their arms out about 5 inches..  I'll still sleep like a baby either way.. 

PS   Bodybuilding is a sport.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2006, 04:31:49 AM »

Have you been in a cave training for 10 years?  I've heard dumber things just reading your posts in this thread..
Are you kidding me??? Your posts make absolutely no sence whatsoever.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2006, 05:16:32 AM »

Who's the dickhead?  Longer limbs are harder to fill out and shorter limbs are easier to fill out.. How simple is this?
This is why Lee gets away with low dosing..  You damn short people never want to admit to this fact..
Here is another ridiculous post. You must be one of those 6'4 pip squeaks in the gym that finds every excuse in the book because you can't put on any size. How the hell do you explain all these other pro's that are over the 6' margin and weigh in excess of 250lbs?? Height has absolutely nothing to do with it. I suggest you get your ass back into the gym promptly and hit the weights. Never mind the complaining.
PB

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 31, 2006, 03:19:57 PM »
Here is another ridiculous post. You must be one of those 6'4 pip squeaks in the gym that finds every excuse in the book because you can't put on any size. How the hell do you explain all these other pro's that are over the 6' margin and weigh in excess of 250lbs?? Height has absolutely nothing to do with it. I suggest you get your ass back into the gym promptly and hit the weights. Never mind the complaining.
PB

Yeah, I have trouble gaining.. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2006, 05:50:25 PM »

Yeah, I have trouble gaining.. 
So then whats the problem? I would be happy with those gains. Why carve the short guy?  ???

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: May 31, 2006, 06:00:23 PM »
So then whats the problem? I would be happy with those gains. Why carve the short guy?  ???

I'm just playin'..  Just tryin' to get people to see things my way..  Even if I am wrong   ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 31, 2006, 06:04:19 PM »

I'm just playin'..  Just tryin' to get people to see things my way..  Even if I am wrong   ;)
Sorry guy, I didn't mean it to sound like a shot at you but myself being 5'4 am always getting taller individuals saying that kinda stuff and unlike you they are damn small.  ::)

God Luke

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: May 31, 2006, 06:42:24 PM »

you do understand that if ur shorter you have less room to fill out so ur arms might be able to look more jacked easier but that doesn’t mean they measure bigger at all, just 18 inch arms look bigger on a 5ft 4 guy that a 6ft guy..... That’s why when u say someone like jay cutler would have 31 inch arms if he was 5ft 4 is totally wrong... infact lee priest pound for pound probably has the biggest arms in bodybuilding and im nearly 6ft so im not some short guy trying to defend short people..

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »
yea that's wrong... i was just saying that Lee is huge in that pic.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2006, 01:46:31 AM »
If you look only at the faces of the three men in the first image you have to wonder what the heck is going on in this sport. Who was the first guy to do that ridiculous arms out standing relaxed pose! The IFBB cannot even control the men and make everyone stand relaxed properly. The last Mr Olympia to stand properly is Frank Zane. Everyone else seems to be trying to make themselves look wider but only make themselves look ridiculous.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2006, 01:54:32 AM »
you got some big big friggin arms dude. what the hell?

BallzDeep69

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2006, 04:14:04 AM »
Big and soft.  But he's right, the way they stand is far from relaxed.  More like a hands free lat spread.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2006, 04:58:01 AM »
don't say big but soft. the guy's old. he's 63 I looked him up by his name. Those gotta be at least 18 inches. for a guy any age Basile's arms are great. Answering his question... bodybuilding is a freakshow now. people do whatever they want. I mean Ruhl is a freak with a 38 or more inch waist, incredibly peaked weird biceps, no triceps at all, superthick back with no detail and one of the thickest delts and chests of all time. That's a freak but he places high when he comes in condition because that's what bodybuilding has become. a freakshow.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2006, 09:11:07 AM »
I am not in contest condition in my avatar since my last contest was in 1975. I still try to keep my arms up and in the photo they are 18 inches pumped and 17 1/2" cold. The little image is distorting the arms making them look bigger than they are. When you have been around as long as I have you know all the little tricks re photos. Put your elbows towards the camera and the arms look bigger. One day I will try to see if I can make my arms grow larger than I have ever had them. I won't be using any drugs, supplements or vitamins. I will be 65 in September. Where do the years go? I am building an assisted chin-dip machine for my gym. Naturally it has to be the best that anyone has ever made. It will have 375 pounds on the weight stack so big people can use it. The steps will support an elephant! I will even have hand rails so that no one need fall off the tower!

About contests and how to stand relaxed. Since when did they decide this should be judged? Well, it was the IFBB that came up with that nonsense. What a monumental waste of time. The competitors have devised all manner of presenting themselves that go against what these poses were supposed to be about. I say do away with that round. The best way to judge contests is to have comparisons. Period. Or you could take photos and have panels of judges compare them that way as well as judging them on stage. Why do we continue to have controversies almost every year now in many contests? Something must be wrong with the judging process. Heck, I have come up with better judging methods and criteria for an organization we used to run in Australia in the early 80s.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2006, 01:48:50 PM »
Vince. No supplements? Now even protien? What kinda sups did you take in your day?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
When I first started training in 1959 others told me that we needed protein supplements. In those days the Hoffman protein did not mix well in water. I wondered why it should taste the way it did and why it was difficult to ingest. I started reading the muscle magazines and they reinforced the notion that since muscle is composed of protein and other substances that you needed protein to make them grow. That seemed okay but I wondered why we needed extra protein and could not get what we needed from our diet. I went to university shortly after beginning bodybuilding and became cynical about supplements. I recall talking to a professor in physical education and he knew I was a bodybuilder. Well, he laughed at the supplements we took and told us the sewers of Vancouver were being filled with vitamins. I have always tried to know things and so I got myself a textbook in nutrition that I found at the UBC book store. This text was used in courses there. Well, when I read what they said about protein requirement it was clear that athletes needed more energy than protein and that extra protein is converted into energy in the body. It seemed foolish and wasteful to consume more protein than one needed. There was no mention of specific protein requirements for bodybuilders but even pregnant women didn't need that much more protein. My conclusion was that the body needed about 1/2 gram per pound of bodyweight and that was being generous. If you weighed 200 pounds you needed only 100 grams of protein and perhaps only half of that. I did the same thing re vitamins and supplements and ended up taking a C and B vitamin pill just to be sure. That was just before contests. Nowadays I wouldn't even take those.

I haven't kept up to date with the research into supplements but I maintain that eating what we need is just as good as taking those substances. I haven't been that impressed with the quality of research and much has been done by vested interests so might be suspect. We really should know the truth about nutrition and I am afraid there exists too many false theories concerning nutrition and supplements. What is the test of truth about supplements? Well, we should have independent peer reviewed scientific research to test theories. Where is that research for bodybuilders and what they require? There is almost nothing at all. If we go by what is printed in bodybuilding magazines we might as well abandon all reason.

So, if I were to take up bodybuilding seriously then I wouldn't take any supplements at all. I would eat a balanced diet and make sure all requirements were covered. If I can grow muscle rapidly then that is sufficient. I would like to see if I can gain 2 inches of size on my upper arms in a month or so. That should be interesting. I think it is possible. There is absolutely no way I would consider using any steroids or other substances. Life is too precious and short to even consider taking health risks. Besides, I want to prove that rapid growth is possible without drugs.