Author Topic: Gambino boss shot dead  (Read 9604 times)

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
Re: Gambino boss shot dead
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2019, 10:44:32 PM »
I heard that many of the hits have to come from Sicily. If that is the case, and the hit was ordered from the TOP, then no retaliation can be done.

Obviously, just what I have read/heard.

Crazy to think there may be a mob war in NYC.

The heads of all the five family's are in NYC.  They don't have to report anything to Sicily. 

Gambino
Genovese
bonnano
Lucchese
Columbo

It's not crazy to think there would be a mob war in NYC.  That's where the Mob is headquartered, so that's the most likely place to have a mob war. 

One or more of the other family's decided to off the head of the Gambino family.  There will be a retaliation similar to the Godfather.  These are people who do not take kindly to disrespect.

On a side note, the real life person played by Joe Peschi in Good Fellas was killed by John Gotti.  Apparently Gotti tortured him before he killed him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2019, 01:19:01 AM »
The heads of all the five family's are in NYC.  They don't have to report anything to Sicily. 

Gambino
Genovese
bonnano
Lucchese
Columbo

It's not crazy to think there would be a mob war in NYC.  That's where the Mob is headquartered, so that's the most likely place to have a mob war. 

One or more of the other family's decided to off the head of the Gambino family.  There will be a retaliation similar to the Godfather.  These are people who do not take kindly to disrespect.

On a side note, the real life person played by Joe Peschi in Good Fellas was killed by John Gotti.  Apparently Gotti tortured him before he killed him.

You sound like you know a lot about this stuff!
X

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2019, 02:55:13 AM »
my great grandfather was a "jewel guy" for the Costello brothers, before one of them became a boss....he was from Rochester.. talking 1940's I believe... lol my grandmother said she never knew the depression even happened.. nobody actually knew for sure what he did for a living or how he earned so much money... nobody actually believed it until he passed away... the funeral home looked like a scene from a movie from what I hear... big caddys, expensive suits, bodyguards...

U must be Siciliano like 'safety fat' ................ ;)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2019, 03:04:09 AM »

Gambino
Genovese
bonnano
Lucchese
Columbo

Reelz shows mafia documentaries a lot and it's cool seeing how the guys in Hollywood have portrayed these real life mobsters very well.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 03:11:46 AM »
Interesting seeing how many Getbiggers have family ties or knew mobsters.  My mom's side of the family is Sicilian  and it was rumored there were members as well but I never met anyone or know what crime family they may have been involved with.  My mom is 50% Sicilian making me only 25% so don't call me a dago!

I have dated several girls of Sicilian origin, mad papas with collections of shotguns (in Australia ??) ............every one of them was $$$ loaded ....

attending uncle Franco birthday was like Don Corleone scene .........identical music too ........ :P

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2019, 05:38:33 AM »
My Family runs a legitimate business.

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2019, 07:51:42 AM »
You sound like you know a lot about this stuff!

If by knowing a lot about this stuff you mean I've watched the Sopranos, Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco, and the Godfather, then yes I do.   ;D

Meadow Soprano taught me and the rest of the country about the five families. 

Seriously, if you live in New York, you should probably know a little bit more about the Italian Mafia than you do.  Your neighborhood is probably a territory of one of the five families and probably has been for the last hundred years.  The last thing you want is to wake up next to the head of one of your prized racing horses, or to have someone make you an offer you can't refuse.

fuhgeddaboudit

Prudence

• Getbig IV
  • Not straight..but more importantly--not a gimmick.
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:44 AM »
I wonder what Blockhead would think about this.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
I wonder what Blockhead would think about this.
So you post as a newbie but you remember blockhead OUTED as  GIMMICK
p

Prudence

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2019, 09:54:45 AM »
Never said I was a newbie babe.

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2019, 11:04:56 AM »
Never said I was a newbie babe.
You eluded to the fact and unless you have a v-jay jay don't call be babe 8)
p

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2019, 11:09:17 AM »
Lenny Mclean flew to New York in 1986 and fought and beat the Mafias top enforcer in a no holds barred street fight.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

Prudence is most likely superfag Tim who ran away after Trump got elected. Just like ratherbebig is Rob of 240 or Bust fame. They can't quit this board. No one can. Just like the Mob.

Prudence

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:47 AM »

What if I tuck?

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:37 AM »
Prudence is most likely superfag Tim who ran away after Trump got elected. Just like ratherbebig is Rob of 240 or Bust fame. They can't quit this board. No one can. Just like the Mob.

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS OUT THEY DRAG ME BACK IN
p

dan18

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2019, 11:55:43 AM »
What if I tuck?
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU
p

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:08 AM »
Which getbigger is trying to take over the mob?

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
I knew John Gotti, Sr. He was always broke and would kill you for a nickel. His wife is the only thing that kept the family together. But he was raised hungry and poor, two essential elements to being a real gangster.

The Italian "mafia" is another government bogeyman. Is there organized crime? Of course - there always has been and there always will be. Does it tend to concentrate in the lower social classes and neighborhoods, which usually involves immigrants? Of course it does. However, the ethnic Italian neighborhoods that used to breed tough guys are almost all gone now. The Italians still have some historical union ties in big, northern cities but most of the crimes they charge mafia guys with these days are usually inconsequential. The big earners in the mafia are now usually involved in white-collar type stuff, which they really don't even need the mafia for other than to legitimize the attitude that it's okay to rip people off. Most Italian-Americans have moved on to the middle and upper classes. They have zero connection to the mafia but some like to foster the impression that they do because they think it makes them look tough (thanks to Hollywood). Today's mafia guys would shit their pants if they were ever targeted by the cartels, or the Russians.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2019, 12:25:15 PM »
I knew John Gotti, Sr. He was always broke and would kill you for a nickel. His wife is the only thing that kept the family together. But he was raised hungry and poor, two essential elements to being a real gangster.

The Italian "mafia" is another government bogeyman. Is there organized crime? Of course - there always has been and there always will be. Does it tend to concentrate in the lower social classes and neighborhoods, which usually involves immigrants? Of course it does. However, the ethnic Italian neighborhoods that used to breed tough guys are almost all gone now. The Italians still have some historical union ties in big, northern cities but most of the crimes they charge mafia guys with these days are usually inconsequential. The big earners in the mafia are now usually involved in white-collar type stuff, which they really don't even need the mafia for other than to legitimize the attitude that it's okay to rip people off. Most Italian-Americans have moved on to the middle and upper classes. They have zero connection to the mafia but some like to foster the impression that they do because they think it makes them look tough (thanks to Hollywood). Today's mafia guys would shit their pants if they were ever targeted by the cartels, or the Russians.

Please tell us more. Gotti was a degenerate gambler from what I hear, eventually sinking millions on it when he became Boss.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2019, 12:33:09 PM »

How freakin old are you? (not exact....just like 70+? or what?)

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2019, 12:42:23 PM »
How freakin old are you? (not exact....just like 70+? or what?)

Not quite. I was a teen when he was working out of his first "club," a bar not far from where I lived. There was an OTB not far away where he would spend his afternoons. When he moved up in the world he left that bar and operated out of the club in Ozone Park that became famous later on as his "hangout."

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2019, 12:44:30 PM »
Please tell us more. Gotti was a degenerate gambler from what I hear, eventually sinking millions on it when he became Boss.

I don't really know. The Bonnanos were really the predominant family in my neighborhood when I was growing up and by the time I was old enough to really understand what was going on Gotti had moved his operation to another neighborhood where the Gambinos were the main family.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2019, 01:16:19 PM »

In Italy, the Mafia are still very much real and have branches and affiliates in the US.

The Camorra control most of the cement industry in Italy, almost all of waste disposal, and make 'copies' so good in their sweat shops they are sold in retail stores. You can't open a business in many areas without first dealing with them.

The Sicilian Cosa Nostra are more popular due to Hollywood, but the Camorra are the main mafia organisation in Italy.

If anyone is interested, read Gomorrah by Roberto Saviano.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2019, 08:35:56 PM »
In Italy, the Mafia are still very much real and have branches and affiliates in the US.

The Camorra control most of the cement industry in Italy, almost all of waste disposal, and make 'copies' so good in their sweat shops they are sold in retail stores. You can't open a business in many areas without first dealing with them.

The Sicilian Cosa Nostra are more popular due to Hollywood, but the Camorra are the main mafia organisation in Italy.

Neapolitan camorra mob,,,Sicilian mob the original ziips came from castlemare. del golfo ...the original famillies

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2019, 09:13:42 PM »

Where's The Italian Lifter when we need him most?  Ohhhh wait... :-X