Author Topic: Maryland govt votes to allow you to end your suffering if you are terminal  (Read 2246 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Isn't that awesome? So nice of the government to allow you to seek a doctors assistance if you are diagnosed as terminal, within 6 months of death and in pain. I would like to hear what the ones who voted against it have to say.

https://cathstan.org/news/local/maryland-house-of-delegates-passes-physician-assisted-suicide-bill-in-74-66-vote

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Isn't that awesome? So nice of the government to allow you to seek a doctors assistance if you are diagnosed as terminal, within 6 months of death and in pain. I would like to hear what the ones who voted against it have to say.

https://cathstan.org/news/local/maryland-house-of-delegates-passes-physician-assisted-suicide-bill-in-74-66-vote

Bet you start seeing justification for emotional pain assisted death....

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

Not sure what you mean. This is dealing with people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Have 6 months or less to live. Have requested it on 3 different occasions, one in private, one in writing to dispell any notion of non voluntary. We give our pets more compassion than our loved ones

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Not sure what you mean. This is dealing with people who have been diagnosed with a terminal illness. Have 6 months or less to live. Have requested it on 3 different occasions, one in private, one in writing to dispell any notion of non voluntary. We give our pets more compassion than our loved ones

......................De ath Panels.................. ...............

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
......................Death Panels.................. ...............

oh boy,.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16

and?

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA

So “awesome” please be the first.
T

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement

Yeah no doubt around the corner for the weak sissified world we live in.”People don’t like me cause the color of my skin,I need meds to kill myself”.Just deal with it as everyone has problems.

“Im a man that wants to be a woman and people don’t accept me,I need meds to kill myself”,No your crazy and need a therapist.

Although I do think it should be your choice if suffering from a terminal illness.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Should be nation-wide. You are suffering, you make the call. Dr. Jack was on to something...

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V

Trying to be logical here for a second- If you are diagnosed as terminal, you are getting a doc's best guess of how long you have to live. And that is all over the place. So the 6 months timeline is fantasy. But on the other hand, if you are in constant pain and there is no cure or treatment other than deadening the pain, a lot of people would want to end it no matter what the timeline. I totally am on board with that.

My dad had a terminal condition and was completely lucid when on painkillers. He said he was in the most excruciating pain he ever experienced. There was no fix for his ailment. He told me and my brother he wanted to die.

We talked with the doctor and he said he would just slowly up the morphine dose. Morphine, as I soon learned, will always kill you over time. It stops the breathing function. But it is about the most humane way you could go. My dad said his goodbyes with a smile and went into a deep sleep. He was dead the next day.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Should be nation-wide. You are suffering, you make the call. Dr. Jack was on to something...

I agree, I was just pointing out that this will be abused.....not just by the patients.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I agree, I was just pointing out that this will be abused.....not just by the patients.

Explain how under the current law.

1. You have to be diagnosed with a terminal illness
2. You have to be within 6 months of expected death (This one to me is stupid. If I am terminal and in pain, and the prognosis is a year, why would I have to suffer 6 months?)
3. You have to request it on 3 separate occasions. 1 being in writing, 1 being without family members to reduce the risk of coercion,

In any situation there may be potential for abuse, like with alcohol, but do we really want to deal with things with "But it could possibly be abused somehow so lets not do it" attitude?

But I am curious as to how you see this WILL be abused, and not just by patients. What am I missing?

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
Hahahaha! ;D

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
We talked with the doctor and he said he would just slowly up the morphine dose. Morphine, as I soon learned, will always kill you over time. It stops the breathing function. But it is about the most humane way you could go. My dad said his goodbyes with a smile and went into a deep sleep. He was dead the next day.

Yup. Goes on everyday. It’s an unspoken reality.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
 Jesus. This county is fucked. Government so up everyone's ass. Hypocrisy: how is it legal that a 640 lb broad can order $30 in Girl Scout cookies and I can't do a bump of Coke if I want?
Off topic but I don't care

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I’m with you on this one. It’s your life, you should be allowed to do what you want with it.

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
with Hypertrophy on this one.... same situation except my mother,,,,  until you live it... sometimes for years... you don't know...  :(

oldgolds

• Getbig IV

You've always been allowed to kill yourself, the difference here is having society help you..
Me and many others are against suicide so do it on your own and don't expect the rest of us to support you...

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement

You've always been allowed to kill yourself, the difference here is having society help you..
Me and many others are against suicide so do it on your own and don't expect the rest of us to support you...

Just curious why you would be against someone killing themselves if they are terminally ill?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V

No the difference here is there is a dignified, controlled way to do it.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
Mean this respectfully, but those totally against the right of a person committing suicide, why? I'm assuming its religion? Like God began your life and its blasphemous to not let him end it?

The next is if someone has kids, a family that will be emotionally and financially devasted. Thats a horrible thing to do.

The only other would be just disdain for that level of apathy? You SHOULD never quit, you should keep fighting, losers commit suicide, but that argument I don't understand as much. Yes, someone that committs suicide of course is a quitter, but what do you care? Most times when someone whines about something, I hate my apartment, I hate this restaurant, I hate America, we shout "Then fucking leave!"

What if some totally isolated person, no family, no friends, maybe been living on the street, rampant alcoholic for decades and just hates life and wants out?

Why is that wrong? Not saying it isn't, but outside of God why is it wrong?

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Slippery slope.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
Slippery slope.

not at all, even if relatively healthy people want to. Who's right is it to tell another adult what to do with his\her own body?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
not at all, even if relatively healthy people want to. Who's right is it to tell another adult what to do with his\her own body?

Would you feel the same way if it were your loved one, wife, son, daughter, etc., suffering from depression?

What about corrupt doctors, hospital staff assisting with suicide of depressed organ donors instead of finding ways to help them live?