Author Topic: $430 Million: Mike Trout will be playing for the Angels for the next 12 years  (Read 6695 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Because they become adult games the better the competition gets.

Pitchers spend hours on Rapsodo machines refining arm angles, spin rates, velocity, location, sequences, etc.

Hitters spend hours working on timing, launch angles, situational hitting.

Fielders spend hours figuring out how to shave 1/10th of a second off the time it takes to release the ball because it can be the difference between a WS title and not making the playoffs.

It ceases to become a kids' game.  It becomes one of the ultimate exhibits of althetic skill, strategy and entertainment.

Or you could just be into multiple sets of tricep kickbacks.

To each his own.

well put. i don't understand what someone gets out of putting down something that someone else enjoys.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Great for Trout but bad for the Angels as these huge contracts handcuff teams from getting better players spread across the whole team.  Much better to have well paid good players at every position instead of a few superstars among a garbage roster.
                                    true, the sport should not be allowed to give out anything more than a 5 year contract. the angels are still paying albert pujols for what he did on the cardinals.
F

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
                                    true, the sport should not be allowed to give out anything more than a 5 year contract. the angels are still paying albert pujols for what he did on the cardinals.
I know, that was a disaster contract.  It's the same with the NFL during free agency.  The team that gets the big star always over pays just like you overpay at an auction.  The teams that overpay are almost never any good.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

I wonder if Albert was taking steroids during his early years... then stopped once the testing became more prevalent. Now, we all just assume that aging was the cause for his declining numbers.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Because they become adult games the better the competition gets.

Pitchers spend hours on Rapsodo machines refining arm angles, spin rates, velocity, location, sequences, etc.

Hitters spend hours working on timing, launch angles, situational hitting.

Fielders spend hours figuring out how to shave 1/10th of a second off the time it takes to release the ball because it can be the difference between a WS title and not making the playoffs.

It ceases to become a kids' game.  It becomes one of the ultimate exhibits of althetic skill, strategy and entertainment.

Or you could just be into multiple sets of tricep kickbacks.

To each his own.

😂

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V

I wonder if Albert was taking steroids during his early years... then stopped once the testing became more prevalent. Now, we all just assume that aging was the cause for his declining numbers.
I don't know if he was using but he was already declining with the Cardinals when he became a free agent and signed the huge deal with the Angels.  If the team they are on doesn't think they are worth it why would you?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i basically quit watching baseball for the most part after the strike in 1994  (I did watch the homerun race with in the following years)

joe carter hit that home run game 6 over the phillies - fucking epic - i lost my shit.

i still have a canseco and strawberry jersey - 

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Exactly.
You can’t honestly think it’s deserved?I know you are big sports guy and all but come on.No one is worth that.

You sound like a Democrat/liberal  ;D

They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay

Just like 6 figure/million dollar cars, people will buy and pay for them

Bevo

• Getbig V
And our teachers firemen and 1st responders make under 50k a year what a fucking joke

Those are jobs ANYONE can do, high school drop outs can do

Until you have the skills of Ronnie Coleman  :D Usian Bolt, Phelps, Trout which are 1 percenters and people willing to pay

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Great for Trout but bad for the Angels as these huge contracts handcuff teams from getting better players spread across the whole team.  Much better to have well paid good players at every position instead of a few superstars among a garbage roster.

Exactly.  In the next 12 years (all of Trouts contract) the Angels will win ZERO World Series. None. 
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit

LOL! Brother he lost 25-30 pounds of muscle and his bat speed droppped to below average and his power numbers went to absolutely average.

He was a HUGE PED user.  Huge.
a

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
It’s economics man. Do you comprehend what ownership is making? The revenues are being generated by the players it damn well is deserved! The profits should be shared amongst the ones generating it.

I don't understand how baseball owners are making that kind of money though X.  I loved playing as a kid, and we even had a pro team where I'm from.  I have never watched an entire baseball game on tv or in person.  Other than the playoffs and WS every time I flip through stations and see a game on the stadiums are never full.  I also don't see people wearing anywhere close to the amount of gear like I do for football and basketball.  Are hot dogs and beer at the park like $50 each?

Baseball to me is the lowest risk and easiest most non-athletic major team sport there is.  It's basically like golf with a little bit of sprinting and having to catch and throw now and then.  ::)

I can't chastise these guys for taking the money, but what a warped world that a guy who can hit, throw, and catch a ball and people that play dress up and make believe in LA LA land make more in half a year than a teacher, firefighter, police person will make in an entire career.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Overrated.
Always hurt.
All but past his prime.

Bevo

• Getbig V
LOL! Brother he lost 25-30 pounds of muscle and his bat speed droppped to below average and his power numbers went to absolutely average.

Safe to say it’s all DRUGS like bbing  ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
I don't understand how baseball owners are making that kind of money though X.  I loved playing as a kid, and we even had a pro team where I'm from.  I have never watched an entire baseball game on tv or in person.  Other than the playoffs and WS every time I flip through stations and see a game on the stadiums are never full.  I also don't see people wearing anywhere close to the amount of gear like I do for football and basketball.  Are hot dogs and beer at the park like $50 each?

Baseball to me is the lowest risk and easiest most non-athletic major team sport there is.  It's basically like golf with a little bit of sprinting and having to catch and throw now and then.  ::)

I can't chastise these guys for taking the money, but what a warped world that a guy who can hit, throw, and catch a ball and people that play dress up and make believe in LA LA land make more in half a year than a teacher, firefighter, police person will make in an entire career.

Ok, it’s obvious that you are “Roboguns” gimmick account

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Must...resist...baiting. ....
Y

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

go to a batting cage crank it up to 95 mph, see how well you do hitting the ball. i agree about golf being pathetic though. :D
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

HIS IST 7-8 YRS WERE UNREAL...

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
                           go to a batting cage crank it up to 95 mph, see how well you do hitting the ball. i agree about golf being pathetic though. :D

With practice I’m sure many here could do well.As with anything practice ,practice and practice.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Ok, it’s obvious that you are “Roboguns” gimmick account

Hahahah I’m prob the only guy here who has never had a gimmick.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
With practice I’m sure many here could do well.As with anything practice ,practice and practice.
                   if it's that easy do it then and than you too can make 36 million a year. ;)  i like how the guy complaining said there's little risk stand in there when 100 mph projectile can get close to your noggin.
F

XFACTOR

• Getbig V

Holy shit you guys are stupid people.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Most getbiggers could throw a ball 110 mph, hit 145 homeruns per year, and throw a football 98 yards, and hit a hockey puck 120 mph.
X

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Most getbiggers could throw a ball 110 mph, hit 145 homeruns per year, and throw a football 98 yards, and hit a hockey puck 120 mph.

take that picture off lol 

makes me laugh every time I see it

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
take that picture off lol 

makes me laugh every time I see it

The picture is a dedication to our political genius poster, Coach!

It must remain, as a testament of what one could achieve with political dedication.
X