Author Topic: $430 Million: Mike Trout will be playing for the Angels for the next 12 years  (Read 6622 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
It's a 10 year extension to his current deal, I believe.

The $ sound directionally correct - he's about the only player that should make that much though.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Don’t know anything about sports or players except my daughter eats super pretzels the big soft pretzels at the grocery store.So I bought them the other day and saw mike trout on the box wearing a super pretzel hat.Hahah.

Nobody playing sports is worth anywhere near that to hit,throw and catch a ball.Fuck that.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
Don’t know anything about sports or players except my daughter eats super pretzels the big soft pretzels at the grocery store.So I bought them the other day and saw mike trout on the box wearing a super pretzel hat.Hahah.

Nobody playing sports is worth anywhere near that to hit,throw and catch a ball.Fuck that.
And our teachers firemen and 1st responders make under 50k a year what a fucking joke
p

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
According to ESPN, the deal is almost done

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26306935/sources-angels-trout-new-430m-deal

Awesome and very deserving but he’s going to get raped in taxes which is the reason why Bryce Harper went to the Phillies instead of the Dodgers

robcguns

• Getbig V
And our teachers firemen and 1st responders make under 50k a year what a fucking joke

Exactly.
Awesome and very deserving but he’s going to get raped in taxes which is the reason why Bryce Harper went to the Phillies instead of the Dodgers

You can’t honestly think it’s deserved?I know you are big sports guy and all but come on.No one is worth that.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
if he wasnt worth it they wouldnt be paying it.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Exactly.
You can’t honestly think it’s deserved?I know you are big sports guy and all but come on.No one is worth that.

It’s economics man. Do you comprehend what ownership is making? The revenues are being generated by the players it damn well is deserved! The profits should be shared amongst the ones generating it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
the players should all thank this man.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
prediction= first guy to sign a 500 million dollar contract
F

robcguns

• Getbig V
Sorry but most of you in this thread are fucked thinking to play a child’s game is worth that.You need your fucking heads checked ASAP.A fucking baseball player?Really?They basically do nothing.NOTHING

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
It’s economics man. Do you comprehend what ownership is making? The revenues are being generated by the players it damn well is deserved! The profits should be shared amongst the ones generating it.

The owner of the Angels is worth $1 Billion.  I bet that Roboguns thinks that he should make “under 50k” too.  ::)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Sorry but most of you in this thread are fucked thinking to play a child’s game is worth that.You need your fucking heads checked ASAP.A fucking baseball player?Really?They basically do nothing.NOTHING

You watch men pose in bikinis for hundreds of thousands of dollars

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

The revenues generated show that it IS worth it.  Not debateable in that context.  You could argue people / networks shouldn't pay huge $ for the game, and you'd be wrong too, but you'd have a better argument.

Xfactor / Royalty are correct.
Y

robcguns

• Getbig V
The owner of the Angels is worth $1 Billion.  I bet that Roboguns thinks that he should make “under 50k” too.  ::)

You think he is worth more than 50k a year?must be another sports retard who sucks the ducks of guys who can throw and catch a ball,wow that’s impressive.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V

I don’t think that unless the revenues/profits are there to support it. How can’t you understand that? You think owners should just keep it all?

robcguns

• Getbig V
I don’t think that unless the revenues/profits are there to support it. How can’t you understand that? You think owners should just keep it all?

No I get that part,I just don’t think that much money should be involved In anyway.I can’t conprehend why people watch it or care?I honestly would not watch any game or go to one.I wouldn’t go to the Super Bowl for free if invited to best seats ever as I don’t understand adults playing kids games.I will never understand it whatsoever.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
I'm surprised people still watch baseball.  Worse than watching paint dry.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Hmm, SoCal? Thats about $86k after taxes.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
No I get that part,I just don’t think that much money should be involved In anyway.I can’t conprehend why people watch it or care?I honestly would not watch any game or go to one.I wouldn’t go to the Super Bowl for free if invited to best seats ever as I don’t understand adults playing kids games.I will never understand it whatsoever.

There's more people that wonder why you come to a site called Getbig or watch men dance around in underwear with muscles. People get entertainment out of different things, there is just a lot more money involved in men that hit/catch baseballs.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
You think he is worth more than 50k a year?must be another sports retard who sucks the ducks of guys who can throw and catch a ball,wow that’s impressive.

Get ahold of yourself Irene.

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
personally i think he's worth $440 million so thats quite a bargain

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

This ^^^

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Because they become adult games the better the competition gets.

Pitchers spend hours on Rapsodo machines refining arm angles, spin rates, velocity, location, sequences, etc.

Hitters spend hours working on timing, launch angles, situational hitting.

Fielders spend hours figuring out how to shave 1/10th of a second off the time it takes to release the ball because it can be the difference between a WS title and not making the playoffs.

It ceases to become a kids' game.  It becomes one of the ultimate exhibits of althetic skill, strategy and entertainment.

Or you could just be into multiple sets of tricep kickbacks.

To each his own.
Y

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Great for Trout but bad for the Angels as these huge contracts handcuff teams from getting better players spread across the whole team.  Much better to have well paid good players at every position instead of a few superstars among a garbage roster.