Author Topic: Who's still using protein powders?  (Read 11488 times)

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
Re: Who's still using protein powders?
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2019, 02:04:58 AM »

Why don't you 'fatwa' us  ;D  ;D

(muslims curse  ::))

you seem to know more about muslims than i do

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2019, 02:24:22 AM »
you seem to know more about muslims than i do

Just reading J.K. Sheindlin, The People vs Muhammad , psychological analysis

The shocking evidence which exposes his catalogue of mental illness - Psychopath-Sex Addict-Schizophrenic & more ...

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2019, 02:26:19 AM »

Just reading J.K. Sheindlin, The People vs Muhammad , psychological analysis

The shocking evidence which exposes his catalogue of mental illness - Psychopath-Sex Addict-Schizophrenic & more ...

pedophile?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2019, 02:41:10 AM »
I know they kind of fell out of favor a little while back, with the "whole foods are superior" argument.  I had bought into that too but protein powders are just so damn convenient.  It's kinda hard to consistently get a lot of protein in without protein shakes.  All that cooking, cleaning, grocery shopping, lugging around tupperwares ... no thanks.

Right now I get about 100g of protein from shakes every day.  2 shakes w 2 scoops a piece.  Add to that some eggs and a little bit of meat and I'm right at about 200g protein.

What about the rest of Getbig?

It sounds like you are seeking some sort of validation

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2019, 03:59:50 AM »
As bullshit as protein powders are, REAL food is bullshit too. "All natural" with all kinds of preservatives and chemicals, "whole wheat" which is wheat flour, stripped of all good fiber and nurtrients, the whole organic scam, "made with real chicken"(is it chicken?)

Unless you seriously are buying all raw food and preparing and cooking it(even then its not certain), dont think whatever youre eating is any less bullshit than a protein powder.
Try not eating any food for awhile and see how that goes.  Of course home cooked meals are superior.

KSA

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2019, 05:55:53 AM »
Egg white powder mixed with water and a banana

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2019, 06:40:15 AM »
weekdays breakfast : Syntha 2 scoops
Best protein supp out there

WooOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH   Stay vintage

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2019, 07:07:55 AM »
Either way at least you know you are absolutely positively getting protein, not some powder with god knows whats in it. I know Franco Columbo was big on raw eggs, I do 2-3 raw eggs a day lately, haven't gotten salmonella yet.

I used to do that...then I got salmonella. The eggs seemed fine, shells weren't damaged.

The hospital even sent me a letter afterwards to check up on me, asking me to respond, basically to see whether I was still alive.

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2019, 07:33:43 AM »
Why not throw milk and eggs in a blender and drink it?
It's not that simple. The ingredient ratio must be precise, the right kind of eggs and the right kind of milk must be used. Rheo Blair was a scientist. This isn't DIY.
(

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2019, 08:29:45 AM »
As much as people complain today, as a little kid in the 80s and alrady loving bodybuilding, Weider had a protein Gainer(and anabolic pack)that was fucking CRAP!!!!! And he knew it and was investigated by the government for false claims in the 70s and 80s The powder I tried at like 12 years old was called Joe Weiders Big/weight gainer.

Had like 700 calories BUT AFTER it said you have to mix with 2 cups whole milk and 2 raw eggs(You cannot imagine the horrible taste). Actual powder was literally dried powdered milk and sugar. Straight poured cups of sugar and dried powdered milk from supermarket in a can and sold for a fortune. Like 250 cals before "preparing" the shake.

Today young bucks proclaim, "Supplements are bullshit, its roided out guys saying they work"..like this is a novel realization...not realizing thats ALL of bodybuilding history. The sport never made money, Weider was a huckster that found good faces, like Arnold, with great physiques to say they did it with Weider products.  No protein powders and bullshit supplements=no bodybuilding. RIP Weider, he did love bodybuilding on some level but loved money more.

At least today its some kind of real protein.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2019, 09:11:48 AM »
Have a protein shake twice a day. I noticed a strength loss when I stopped taking any so tend to believe that the added protein it gives is beneficial.     

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2019, 09:32:50 AM »
I throw in a little bit with my Greek yogurt and some berries. Do people actually just drink it with water?

If I’m busy and can’t eat I just don’t eat. Still stay jacked and shredded 365 without that shit.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2019, 10:11:06 AM »

This stuff is incredible. The company diligently researched and reproduced the original Rheo Blair milk and egg protein powder
 This is the protein that Arnold was using, behind the scenes.

Where did you find that? I used Blairs in the 70's and the packaging is almost identical.

J

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
It's not that simple. The ingredient ratio must be precise, the right kind of eggs and the right kind of milk must be used. Rheo Blair was a scientist. This isn't DIY.

This is true . . . the vast majority of people get upset stomachs or diarrhea eating raw eggs. Its not the eggs them selves it is the shell. When we crack an egg the food makes contact with the shell and the bacteria on it contaminates the egg white and it is the bactyeria taht makes us sick. They say put them in rapidly boiling water for 30 seconds to a minuet and then place them in cold water to stop the cooking process. In theory the bacteria is then killed.

J

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2019, 11:28:18 AM »
Where did you find that? I used Blairs in the 70's and the packaging is almost identical.

J
http://www.rheoblair.com/arnold-schwarzenegger-diet.html
(

Tbomzisback!

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2019, 11:43:29 AM »
I use whey protein mainly after I eat a junk food meal or a meal at a restaurant that did not include much if any meat.

Why drink something that you have no clue whats actually in it?
There are reputable companies out there that you can trust. For example, NOW has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and they are GMP certified.

I have 30lbs of their plain whey isolate sitting next to me now.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2019, 11:49:06 AM »
1 cup of egg whites = 26 g = better absorption than powder = 1 scoop of protein powder

Pay no attention to Species, GAF (chris jones), Ghost, Shredz, jay culter special BS  and all that other bullshit, just do egg whites from a carton. 

Someone else can do the monthly cost comparison.

I did egg whites for a while back when gh15 was on here and it gave me the worst gas of my life.,  Like, the stench was ludicrous.  I don't really have a sensitive stomach either. 

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2019, 12:10:52 PM »
Buy protein from cheese manufacturers in 20 kg bags  ;)
Just like all protein re-sellers  :D

They just re-pack & re-mix powder  >:(

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2019, 12:13:15 PM »

This stuff is incredible. The company diligently researched and reproduced the original Rheo Blair milk and egg protein powder
 This is the protein that Arnold was using, behind the scenes.

I love the marketing of these companies with their pseudo science.  Bio engineered advanced formula  ::)

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2019, 12:14:38 PM »
I use whey protein mainly after I eat a junk food meal or a meal at a restaurant that did not include much if any meat.

There are reputable companies out there that you can trust. For example, NOW has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, and they are GMP certified.

I have 30lbs of their plain whey isolate sitting next to me now.

Are you caressing it?
(

milone79

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »
LOL I love all of the tough kunts in here who claim you don't need X amount of protein and its a waste of money but we never see pics of their shitty physiques... latest science still states .8-1g per lean pound of body weight is the way to go so I will stick with science over you fucktards in here!!

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2019, 12:19:37 PM »
LOL I love all of the tough kunts in here who claim you don't need X amount of protein and its a waste of money but we never see pics of their shitty physiques... latest science still states .8-1g per lean pound of body weight is the way to go so I will stick with science over you fucktards in here!!
Yeah, I'm sure you are a man of science.  ::)  Answer this, has science proven eating an over abundance of protein increases muscle mass in humans?

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »

Hey tough guy, some of us here are half-tards.

J

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2019, 12:42:26 PM »
Goodmorrow,

Why wouldn't one use a reputable protein powder, especially a person who is on the go and can't cart around an IGLOO Cooler filled with organic proteins and vegetables? There are times I don't feel like making food or even eating and I'll slug down a protein shake.
Protein shakes have their place in todays active lifestyle and bodybuilder.

STAY POSTIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2019, 12:42:49 PM »
Anyone ever tried this? I am not Vegan per se but eliminated all meat, chicken, bread etc. from my diet and am considering it.

J