Author Topic: Best form of cardio  (Read 6942 times)

The Keto Kid

• Getbig IV
Best form of cardio
« on: May 15, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »
With summer around the corner I need to start incorporating some cardio. What do some of you Getbig experts recommend? Obviously the treadmill walking on incline and stairmill are bodybuilding staples, but I get pretty bored with these two after a few weeks. Also fasted or non fasted or doesn't really matter?

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Best form of cardio
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 07:42:29 PM »
I live in a beautiful area so I will take scenic walks in the evening, I will drive downtown and walk historic neighborhoods in the evening, sometimes with a doggie or my chica. good vibes all around

I am a huge fan of hot yoga - I go on and on about hot yoga but I burn so many cals, get a good core workout in, good for the mind/skin and also their mirror factor kicks in,... stand in front of a mirror for 60-90 minutes shirtless and you will be sick of being soft really fast - it is mirror therapy at this finest

every so often, i will run wind sprints too. 70% top speed.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 07:47:50 PM »
30 consecutive minutes of pounding bbw black vag.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
With summer around the corner I need to start incorporating some cardio. What do some of you Getbig experts recommend? Obviously the treadmill walking on incline and stairmill are bodybuilding staples, but I get pretty bored with these two after a few weeks. Also fasted or non fasted or doesn't really matter?

For burning, steady state that includes, yes, the bodybuilding staples but like you and a lot of people it’s gets boring. I’ve been switching it up with :45 min of bike in the morning and walk along the beach on the boardwalk for another :45 in the evening

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2019, 08:37:08 PM »
For burning, steady state that includes, yes, the bodybuilding staples but like you and a lot of people it’s gets boring. I’ve been switching it up with :45 min of bike in the morning and walk along the beach on the boardwalk for another :45 in the evening

Coach what are your feelings on fasted cardio?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2019, 08:49:54 PM »

Agree with Coach.

Incorporate different forms of cardio to maintain enthusiasm.

catracho

• Getbig IV
  • I don't want to be "that guy"!
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2019, 09:13:22 PM »
30 consecutive minutes of pounding bbw black vag.

Can these 30 minutes be broken up? You know, to wipe off some of the sweat and grease?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2019, 09:47:14 PM »
I've really ramped it up over the last couple years and found HIT style elliptical/bike intervals indoors has really helped my cardio/fat loss and outdoor hills/trails. Also when you do HIT cardio in a fasted state it’s even more effective because physiological mechanisms related to fat loss work better in a low-insulin environment.

Recently rang up the lowest BP reading I have ever had at the Dr's and at a recent blood donation my heart rate was 60 (with a little caffein in my system).

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 10:39:01 PM »
Can these 30 minutes be broken up? You know, to wipe off some of the sweat and grease?

Only if a load is blown in less than the requisite 30 minutes.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 11:23:27 PM »
I would say swimming first, but hiking a close second. Both you can get a good tan and shredded at the same time. Been doing a ton of hiking lately, doesn't feel like cardio, just feels like a good adventure.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2019, 11:27:58 PM »
Go for an hour long steady pace walk first thing in the morning. Then eat.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 01:56:33 AM »
Cardio bores me, for heart health I think some is needed.

If I do 30 minutes, a couple times a week, Im lucky, I need to do more (maybe someday if it stops raining here and gets about 55 degree's I may go outside).

Do what you can stand, or enjoy. What Ive been doing:

5 minutes on bike
30 kettlebell swings
30 pushups (obviously no resting).
-----
I do this 5 times (so just about 30 mins).

Another thing Ive been doing:

Battleropes - 5 mins
Farmers walks - 4 times around cul-desac
Log press - 5 reps
-----
I do this 5 times (so just about 30 mins).

A bit more fun than just treadmill walking/jogging, but I do, do that boring stuff on SUN at the gym. (Treadmill/bikes).

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 02:43:59 AM »
I use the stationary spinning bike and rowing machine.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2019, 03:03:31 AM »
The best form of cardio is the one that you actually do.  So pick something you'll stick with.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 03:31:32 AM »
For me it’s an hour fast paced walk up and down hills 4-5 times a week.Was everyday but knees and hips started acting up so 4-5 times feels much better.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 03:57:57 AM »
Equipment wise. Love the stairmaster. Regular running I Do along with swimming for an activity. Cardio 5-6 times a week for me split with training 6 days. Jacked and shredded all year

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 04:32:09 AM »
Run, on the road, like a man. Ideally late, through a bad neighbourhood so if you get jumped you can practise some ass whupping.
Rocky Marciano used to do that

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2019, 06:14:53 AM »
I generally lift three days a week and try to run two or three times a week. I know I'm not doing enough cardio but I'm completely spent after lifting. Maybe I should use more volume so I'm not training to failure so much. 

I generally mix long fast walking for around an hour with 2 to 5 mile runs. Lately I'm on a interval kick where I do something like 6 x half miles or 8 x quarter miles.

It's always a challenge for me to combine the two. I know I would be a lot leaner if I didn't have Arthur Jones and Mentzers voice in my head saying go to failure with low sets. I use one or two sets per exercise to failure. It's an exhausting way to train. I bet I would get bet results if I used more sets and less intensity going for the muscular endurance burn and pump of volume.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 07:51:22 AM »
I generally lift three days a week and try to run two or three times a week. I know I'm not doing enough cardio but I'm completely spent after lifting. Maybe I should use more volume so I'm not training to failure so much. 

I generally mix long fast walking for around an hour with 2 to 5 mile runs. Lately I'm on a interval kick where I do something like 6 x half miles or 8 x quarter miles.

It's always a challenge for me to combine the two. I know I would be a lot leaner if I didn't have Arthur Jones and Mentzers voice in my head saying go to failure with low sets. I use one or two sets per exercise to failure. It's an exhausting way to train. I bet I would get bet results if I used more sets and less intensity going for the muscular endurance burn and pump of volume.

This is all great, but for an occasional change, mix in running three or so mile BEFORE training.  I've done this a bit and performance/strength seems to adapt, and it ensures you get the cardio in.
Y

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 08:16:26 AM »
I usually do an hour every day on the treadmill (while watching TV) at a quick walking pace, or I rollerblade outside on some great trails when possible.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 09:06:26 AM »
I usually do an hour every day on the treadmill (while watching TV) at a quick walking pace, or I rollerblade outside on some great trails when possible.

Roller blade???

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:45 AM »
Roller blade???

inline skating is the proper terminology.

joeygym65

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:40 AM »
Run to the gym which is two miles away.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2019, 09:58:49 AM »
Best form of cardio....has to be a fat lazy fuck asking this.
T

joeygym65

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 10:03:27 AM »
Best form of cardio....has to be a fat lazy fuck asking this.

lol