Author Topic: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs  (Read 17584 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2019, 06:58:23 PM »
how would knowing that information effect or discredit the results that the "viewer" got the day before?

can you clarify that?

What I can clarify is this. There have been discrepancies with the way this was done. And EVERY SINGLE psychic test done under scientific controls has failed. Every single one. Now psychic abilities may be something that is valid, just like the belief in the biblical god might be valid, but you'll have to excuse me if I stand on the side of the available evidence doesn't point to that in a way that I could believe it.

And if you click on the hyperlink provided in that article, it leads you to other issues.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2019, 03:00:40 PM »
The truth is out there: FBI releases its file on Bigfoot

The Federal Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday released a correspondence file containing the results of tests it performed on a tissue sample alleged to be from Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch — a purported human-like creature that was sporadically reported to be roaming the wilderness in the Pacific Northwest.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-releases-its-file-on-bigfoot-204159796.html

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2019, 03:24:41 PM »
What I can clarify is this. There have been discrepancies with the way this was done. And EVERY SINGLE psychic test done under scientific controls has failed. Every single one. Now psychic abilities may be something that is valid, just like the belief in the biblical god might be valid, but you'll have to excuse me if I stand on the side of the available evidence doesn't point to that in a way that I could believe it.

And if you click on the hyperlink provided in that article, it leads you to other issues.

Psychic ability = Con Artist
All we need to Know.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2019, 03:45:17 PM »

I don't know that the authors from this skeptic website are his peers and I don't see how their claim casts doubt on their findings.  Seems like you're not sure either

Around 4:39 in the video I posted he lists all the scientific (presumably peer reviewed) journals where they published their findings.  If you want to dig those up see if there are any rebuttals feel free.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2019, 04:00:49 PM »
Plenty of peers calling his work pseudoscience... who to believe,,  who to believe....

http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2019/01/2135-hal-puthoff.html

"When psychologists attempted to replicate Targ and Puthoff’s remote viewing experiments (they seem to have invented the term by the way, which is really just a fancy name for “clairvoyance” or “telepathy”), they were unsurprisingly unable to do so. Accordingly, they investigated the procedure of the original experiments to see whether they could explain the discrepancy, and thus discovered that the notes given to the judges in Targ and Puthoff’s experiments contained clues as to which order they were carried out, such as referring to yesterday’s two targets, or they had the date of the session written at the top of the page. They concluded that these clues were the reason for the experiment’s high hit rate (this was not the only problem with the “research”)."
Actually Ingo Swann is credited with the term although L.Ron Hubbard used the term in his 1954 Phoenix Lectures.  The fact that they don't even know where the term comes from tells you a lot.

There have been literally thousands of experiments done to the point where those who know don't even bother wasting their time with these debunkers calling themselves skeptics.  Here is a timeline of remote viewing and how it was connected to the CIA and L.Ron Hubbard:
https://www.wanttoknow.info/mind_control/scientology_remote_viewing

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2019, 05:39:35 PM »
Actually Ingo Swann is credited with the term although L.Ron Hubbard used the term in his 1954 Phoenix Lectures.  The fact that they don't even know where the term comes from tells you a lot.

There have been literally thousands of experiments done to the point where those who know don't even bother wasting their time with these debunkers calling themselves skeptics.  Here is a timeline of remote viewing and how it was connected to the CIA and L.Ron Hubbard:
https://www.wanttoknow.info/mind_control/scientology_remote_viewing

Oh....kaaay..... ::)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2019, 03:08:44 AM »
Oh....kaaay..... ::)
Are you disputing the facts in that timeline?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2019, 11:14:10 PM »
Are you disputing the facts in that timeline?

Nah, Im simply stating you are off in la la land with your psychic belief. No offense intended.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2019, 01:30:06 PM »
I tend to agree and remember seeing something on that Miss Chloe got convicted for fraud over her infamous
"psychic hot line".

I'm as scientific as they come and tend to be skeptical.
BUT, I think Straw is referring to phenomenon with some actual data/evidence.
The remote viewing was a real program backed by the CIA with some interesting data.
Having said that, most of psychic claims of talking to dead people appear to be bullshit.

Taking money from grieving people in some con is disgusting.
I read a great book, by James Randi called "Flim Flam" on this issue.

For me , it's pretty simple. I look up at night sky and view the array of stars and THIS is why
I believe in "GOD". I am humbled by the vastness of the universe and know we humans didn't make it.

For me , it's pretty simple. I look up at night sky and view the array of stars and THIS is why
I believe in "GOD". I am humbled by the vastness of the universe and know we humans didn't make it.
[/quote]

That’s the same for Me - Only I look up and Know No god made it or Exists.
We have the same view point just different conclusions.

WTF did make it all & us Fcuk Knows.!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2019, 03:31:25 PM »
Is it too much to ask, in the age of smart phones with video that we get a high res pic of one?

Couldn't those navy pilots have taken some pics since they saw them daily?

I believe it, I just want some dam proof in good pics!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2019, 06:01:46 PM »
Is it too much to ask, in the age of smart phones with video that we get a high res pic of one?

UFO’s are Like God & Religion You’ve Got To Believe & Have Faith - No Proof Required

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
I see you spotted my 4th ex wife on the beach? :D

Your 4th ex wife would be Big Mike Cox Approved. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2019, 06:33:32 PM »
Serious question, have any of you naysayers done research on your own or are you waiting for the main stream media to turn their attention away from Trump to bring you breaking news about UFO's?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2019, 02:02:34 PM »
The reason stars twinkle is because the atmosphere refracts the light.
This is the basic reason the sky is blue during most of the day and orange/red at dusk or dawn.
One of the biggest "common sense" myths is thinking the sky is blue because it refracts off the oceans . WRONG!
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/General/BlueSky/blue_sky.html

A distant light image waves travel thru a lot of atmosphere before it is seen.
This is why it will lose resolution and appear "fuzzy".

Of course, but not as grainy as whats submitted.  I am not expecting 600dpi.  But there are detailed pics of planes at long distances.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: June 14, 2019, 05:43:01 PM »

But my mind isn't so open, that brain falls out LOL
Sure it is, you voted for Killary.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2019, 06:28:10 PM »
Good point on clear pics of planes.
I suspect most UFO pics are off objects that are a lot more distant? I dunno, but THAT always bugged me too.

However, you're correct that a lack on decent quality pics in the modern age make me wonder about the  issue.
Despite the claims, I've yet to see much "smoking gun" quality evidence for ET's flying around in UFO's.

I'm open minded on the topic and find it very interesting.
But my mind isn't so open, that brain falls out LOL

there are plenty of good pics both from the modern age (not sure what period that means to you) as well as from well before the time of Photoshop, etc..

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2019, 11:31:10 AM »
there are plenty of good pics both from the modern age (not sure what period that means to you) as well as from well before the time of Photoshop, etc..

Will you please post one?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »

According to the articles, they didn't see them with their eyes, the brand new radar system was picking up blips. The old units were not. Even when a blip was shown to be right near the plane, the pilots couldn't see them with their eyes. The explanation from the expert is that the obvious answer is software issues with the new system.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2019, 09:53:42 AM »
THat's a reasonable hypothesis but we'll never get the whole truth, nor do we need know it due to national security of our defense systems.

I think we probably could get the truth but journalism today isn't what it should be. I suspect those radar systems have undergone further analysis and good reporting would follow up on that to see what the results were. Are they still seeing those objects on radar etc etc. Occams Razor applies here.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »

In summary, I've spent countless hours exploring the topic of UFO's.
My background in the physical sciences can explain some stuff , BUT not everything.

Says the high school janitor. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »
The government has known this is a genuine phenomenon since the 1940's and there is an abundance of government documents released via FOIA that support that fact

Google The Twining Memo (the text of the memo can bee seen at this link)
http://www.roswellfiles.com/FOIA/twining.htm

The first investigation by the US was called Project Sign and the assessment at that time was that these were "interplanetary" vehicles which was rejected by  Chief of Staff of the Air Force at the time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimate_of_the_Situation

I always thought it was interesting that Project Sign was replaced with Project Grudge

You guys knew all this stuff already...right?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »
The government has known this is a genuine phenomenon since the 1940's and there is an abundance of government documents released via FOIA that support that fact

The first investigation by the US was called Project Sign and the assessment at that time was that these were "interplanetary" vehicles which was rejected by  Chief of Staff of the Air Force at the time

I always thought it was interesting that Project Sign was replaced with Project Grudge

You're a useless, liberal twat, but you're right on this topic. :-*
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2019, 06:21:19 PM »
You're a useless, liberal twat, but you're right on this topic. :-*

likewise you appear to be totally ignorant on every topic except this one

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2019, 08:09:10 PM »

I grew up reading Edgar Cayce books. Very intriguing. Perhaps your research has led you to a different conclusion but mine tended to say that yes, the government was interested in the possibility of psychic abilities in the 60's and 70's. There was mystic all around it, and IF it were true we could be at a disadvantage. However they could find no compelling evidence to support the claims and eventually dropped it. Again, every claim done under laboratory controlled conditions has rendered results about the same as chance. To me that's not a very compelling thing. But I don't KNOW for a fact such a thing doesn't exist, I just believe based on the data available that the evidence is insufficient.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2019, 08:44:18 AM »
I grew up reading Edgar Cayce books. Very intriguing. Perhaps your research has led you to a different conclusion but mine tended to say that yes, the government was interested in the possibility of psychic abilities in the 60's and 70's. There was mystic all around it, and IF it were true we could be at a disadvantage. However they could find no compelling evidence to support the claims and eventually dropped it. Again, every claim done under laboratory controlled conditions has rendered results about the same as chance. To me that's not a very compelling thing. But I don't KNOW for a fact such a thing doesn't exist, I just believe based on the data available that the evidence is insufficient.

are you replying to a different post?
I never mentioned Edgard Cayce or psychic abilities in my post.
If you're referring back to Russel Targ and his claims about Remove Viewing he said his work was published in peer reviewed journals.  I haven't looked them.  Not sure if that's what you're referring to