Author Topic: What do you think causes happiness to plummet down from 16-54, then rise after?  (Read 4324 times)

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
i'm 54 now and i sure as fug hope this is as low as it gets.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
I also wonder how much of the lack of sex drive for the male is simply because his wife is not sexually attractive anymore.Replace her with her past 18yr old self and im sure the man would be back to 5x a week sex again.
Sex with the same woman after years of marriage gets boring. NEW PUSSY IS THE BEST PUSSY.
T

lightweight83

• Getbig IV
Sex with the same woman after years of marriage gets boring. NEW PUSSY IS THE BEST PUSSY.

Truer words have NEVER been spoken! We were meant to smash as much poon as humanly possible, and the only thing telling us not to are societal norms!

With that said, I'm 35, and I was definitely happier in my late 20's.  Mostly because I was able to pull more whores.  At that age I could hit the 18 year olds without regret and also smash skanks in their late 30s!   

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.

This.

It sucks but it's the true. We're pretty much wired this way.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V

She probably think that too: banging with the same man after years of marriage gets booorring  ;D

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Wife, kids, financial pressure.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
Wife, kids, financial pressure.

What about for black people?

TTfit

• Getbig III
This is simple. Acceptance.

You can't change much after 54.

No matter how healthy you keep yourself you're still going to sag everywhere, lose your hair, lose you vision, gain wrinkles, etc.

You're financial situation isn't going to change drastically as you don't have that many years left to work. The dreams of becoming a millionaire (like you had in your 20's) are gone.

Death is coming and you know it.

Once you've accepted things for what they are you don't fret.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
What about for black people?

babies, baby mamas and prison.

kh300

• Getbig V
Most people live in the past. ''My 20's were so much better then my 30's''. Then when they're in the 40's they wish they were in their 30's again.

Also most people approaching their 40's are either divorced or in an unhappy marriage.

For men who have their shit togather it should be a steady increase.

Atlas pump

• Getbig II

No matter how healthy you keep yourself you're still going to sag everywhere, lose your hair, lose you vision, gain wrinkles, etc.

You're financial situation isn't going to change drastically as you don't have that many years left to work. The dreams of becoming a millionaire (like you had in your 20's) are gone.

Maybe for people like you with limited credentials who haven't worked passed a mid level position that's the the case. It's easy to be short sighted when your earnings havent increased at all since your 'peak'.  Plenty of people increase or manage higher portfolios as they grow older.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Of course you can still change after 54.

People show signs of aging at different rates. At almost 75, my skin is not wrinkled and any sagging is minimal. The hair went in my 20's.

While changing jobs may be a bit more difficult, one's investments often grow at a greater rate.

Check the obits, lots of folks living to be 90 or a 100. Anticipating one's death at 54 may be premature.

If by accept you mean settle, I disagree. We should maintain a positive view of the future by eliminating negativity, regardless of how brief a time is left.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Live of the grid in Tarzan & Jane style  ;D

Henda

• Getbig V
Probably been mentioned but as you get to mid life more and more people around you start dying, you’ve probably lost one or both parents by then, a few of the people you grew up with may have died young from illness or murder or suicide ect last year we went to the funeral of my good mates brother and father within a matter of months apart, he’d already lost his mother years earlier. Another bad part of getting older

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
For motivation-inspiration-ideas, watch 'Point Break' (original & remake)  ;) & Big Wednesday  8)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Once you hit your 50s there is only one thing you can do for motivation and happiness (to a certain degree).
Q

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
Easy: the period.

After menopause women turn into freaks.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What did they do?

i cut off a few friends since they were a drain on mental health and some became losers. I do not time for someone to bring me down. I wished them the best of luck and moved on and made new friends.

the old expression is who you hang around with.... you become.

my take on western culture on happiness
most middle aged folks quiet growing/progressing/get beat down with debt, poor relationships, get fat, drinking etc and just slowly spiral into a long term sadness. I think most who are told they are "depressed" is long term sadness that has compounded years and years instead of being clinically depressed.

personal feedback - I was a bit worn out/coming down a little bit so I volunteered weekly at the Children's hospital every friday afternoon for almost a whole year. now i was not holding babies. i was doing clerical work for dept but being there.  but seeing the sick kids etc and parents - opened my eyes.

so anyone who needs to get their shit together before you become a wimp - go volunteer at the VA hospital, the children's hospital or burn center.  

again I am a bit out there at times - but it will change you

dexitrim

• Getbig II
  • Pacific Northwest till I rest--GO HAWKS!
i cut off a few friends since they were a drain on mental health and some became losers. I do not time for someone to bring me down. I wished them the best of luck and moved on and made new friends.

most middle aged folks quiet growing/progressing/get beat down with debt, poor relationships, get fat, drinking etc and just slowly spiral into a long term sadness. I think most who are told they are "depressed" is long term sadness that has compounded years and years instead of being clinically depressed.

personal feedback - I was a bit worn out/coming down a little bit so I volunteered weekly at the Children's hospital every friday afternoon for almost a whole year. now i was not holding babies. i was doing clerical work for dept but being there.  but seeing the sick kids etc and parents - opened my eyes.

so anyone who needs to get their shit together before you become a wimp - go volunteer at the VA hospital, the children's hospital or burn center.  

^^^ This!  The best way to get out of your own head is to do something for others.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
Lower test levels and not thinking about banging all the time. That would free you up to pursue other interests which might turn out to be more fulfilling.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

Great advice with regards to volunteering and shedding negative influences.  Do you really believe it is 'most' middle aged people end up in this state. I think it is just some.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
Great advice with regards to volunteering and shedding negative influences.  Do you really believe it is 'most' middle aged people end up in this state. I think it is just some.

Been a big brother since I was 29. Great thing to do and it’s such a win-win for both parties. Great program would highly recommend

Griffith

• Getbig V
Maybe for people like you with limited credentials who haven't worked passed a mid level position that's the the case. It's easy to be short sighted when your earnings havent increased at all since your 'peak'.  Plenty of people increase or manage higher portfolios as they grow older.

Nothing much you can do against the aging process, people you love/know dying, and moving closer towards death.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.

What age are you ?

Griffith

• Getbig V

Understand what you mean. If people are not willing to learn form past mistakes and repeat the same negative behavior, then it's their own fault and better to avoid them.

However, I do realize many people are in situations beyond their own control at no fault of their own, we've all been through rough patches or tough times, and so I do not abandon those people and will try and help them.

I have seen it myself, how when it seemed my fortunes were changing, some 'friends' abandoned me, but I recovered and came back stronger than before and in a good situation.