Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated  (Read 133629 times)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated
« Reply #250 on: October 25, 2019, 09:47:35 PM »
From my friend LT, or Lonnie Teper -->

Earlier in the week the news that Flex Wheeler underwent a partial amputation of his right leg dominated all the online gossip. I was hoping to get more specifics before writing about it, but didn't want to wait any longer. In a press release, Wheeler is quoted as saying "My surgery was required due to escalating circulation difficulties in my right leg that had become life threatening. I am resting comfortably now and have begun my rehabilitation."

I saw Wheeler at the Celebration of Life for Franco Columbu on October 6 in Santa Monica, and we exchanged quick hello's. Little did I know--make that little did we know, I would think--what was just ahead for the guy I call the greatest bodybuilder ever not to win the Mr.Olympia title. According to a press release sent out by Wheeler, the former USA champion, and four-time Arnold Classic winner, was suffering from a collapsed vein which necessitated emergency surgery last week in Las Vegas, where Wheeler has resided for the past three years or so.

Of course, this provided wonderful fodder for many online cynics who came up with their version of why this happened. Some of the comments were nasty as hell...but not unexpected, particularly from certain sites. You won't get that from me...there are a variety of reasons somebody could have circulation problems; shoot, I was just told this morning by my Dermatologist what I thought was reaction to medication was more likely circulation issues. So, let the man rest, concentrate on his rehab, and give us occasional updates on how his recovery is coming along. This is a very trying time for the 54-year-old, and he needs all the support he can get. Hope you are doing well, Flex Wheeler.

Good description of what led to this .....

From Keith Klein --> Hey Lonnie, if you go to my home page you can watch the video, he explains what’s going on. In order to do his kidney transplant they had to remove a bit of length of a vein in his leg. Apparently over time that vein has deteriorated which in turn caused this latest surgery. The guys been on a very rough road with his health and we are all praying for him.

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #251 on: October 25, 2019, 10:27:33 PM »

What's up with his left calf (still attached) having atrophied drastically compared to his right calf (now removed)?

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2019, 09:05:25 AM »
From my friend LT, or Lonnie Teper -->

Earlier in the week the news that Flex Wheeler underwent a partial amputation of his right leg dominated all the online gossip. I was hoping to get more specifics before writing about it, but didn't want to wait any longer. In a press release, Wheeler is quoted as saying "My surgery was required due to escalating circulation difficulties in my right leg that had become life threatening. I am resting comfortably now and have begun my rehabilitation."

I saw Wheeler at the Celebration of Life for Franco Columbu on October 6 in Santa Monica, and we exchanged quick hello's. Little did I know--make that little did we know, I would think--what was just ahead for the guy I call the greatest bodybuilder ever not to win the Mr.Olympia title. According to a press release sent out by Wheeler, the former USA champion, and four-time Arnold Classic winner, was suffering from a collapsed vein which necessitated emergency surgery last week in Las Vegas, where Wheeler has resided for the past three years or so.

Of course, this provided wonderful fodder for many online cynics who came up with their version of why this happened. Some of the comments were nasty as hell...but not unexpected, particularly from certain sites. You won't get that from me...there are a variety of reasons somebody could have circulation problems; shoot, I was just told this morning by my Dermatologist what I thought was reaction to medication was more likely circulation issues. So, let the man rest, concentrate on his rehab, and give us occasional updates on how his recovery is coming along. This is a very trying time for the 54-year-old, and he needs all the support he can get. Hope you are doing well, Flex Wheeler.

Good description of what led to this .....

From Keith Klein --> Hey Lonnie, if you go to my home page you can watch the video, he explains what’s going on. In order to do his kidney transplant they had to remove a bit of length of a vein in his leg. Apparently over time that vein has deteriorated which in turn caused this latest surgery. The guys been on a very rough road with his health and we are all praying for him.

The entire “sport” of bodybuilding needs an intervention.

The weak willed enablers have to be removed.

Including Lonnie Teper.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2019, 12:27:51 PM »

maybe you should mention that is 1 year old now...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2019, 05:27:40 PM »
The black toenail looks like old nail polish. You can see a white band under it indicating fresh toenail growth.

If you stub you toe hard enough to kill the toenail, it might turn black and grow back translucent like healthy nails.

Here are six causes of black toenails.

1. Repetitive trauma
When a person wears poorly-fitting shoes, they may be at risk of developing black toenails due to repetitive trauma.

Long-term pressure on the toes from poorly-fitting shoes can cause a range of problems, from small blisters to bloody blisters under the nail.

In mild cases, the black toenail will grow out naturally over time without treatment. In severe cases, such as when the nail begins to detach from the nail bed, a person should seek medical treatment.

2. Blunt force
In some cases, the trauma may be a one-time blunt-force injury, for example, if a person drops a heavy object on their foot or toes. When this happens, blood vessels in the nail bed break, causing blood to pool there.

The injured toe will start to hurt and pool blood beneath the skin almost immediately. The buildup of blood will cause the toe to feel painful and swollen. A doctor can treat this condition by draining the blood with a pinprick.

3. Fungal infections
Fungal infections are another common problem that can cause black toenails to form. Typically, a fungal infection causes a white or yellowish discoloration. However, debris can build up near the infection, causing the nail to appear black.

Toenails are particularly susceptible to fungal infections, as socks and shoes can provide a warm and moist breeding ground for a fungus to become established. Fungal infections can usually be prevented with proper foot care.

4. Melanoma
In rare cases, a black toenail may be caused by melanoma. Melanoma is the most aggressive form of skin cancer.

Melanoma causes the skin to develop one or more patches of dark, irregular-looking skin. In some cases, the patch of darkening skin grows beneath the nail bed.

Melanoma develops slowly, and without other symptoms, so it is often not noticed in the early stages, especially if it originates under the toenail.

5. Pigmentation changes
People's skin tones can naturally change over time. For people with darker skin, a dark patch may develop beneath the toenails.

Pigmentation changes are usually uniform, so if it affects a toe on one foot, it will usually affect the matching toe on the other foot. The fingernails may develop darker patches beneath them as well.

6. Underlying conditions
There are a few medical conditions that may cause black toenails, including:

diabetes
kidney disease
heart disease
anemia

In most cases, controlling the underlying condition will help the nail to regain its original color.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »
A hint that the black toenail might be more than polish is....

he just had his other leg lopped off.

FFS

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #257 on: October 27, 2019, 12:48:24 AM »
he just had his other leg lopped off.

FFS

Source?

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #258 on: October 27, 2019, 01:29:44 AM »
Source?

His leg was just lopped off, no need for any source

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: October 27, 2019, 01:30:46 AM »
Let's see. The guy who likes to wear black nail polish surprisingly has a black toenail...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #260 on: October 27, 2019, 04:04:14 AM »
Dude morphed into a clown over the years but that has to be a devestating blow.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2019, 04:11:20 AM »
Let's see. The guy who likes to wear black nail polish surprisingly has a black toenail...

geeze  :o

JuicedKangaroo

• Getbig III
« Reply #262 on: October 27, 2019, 05:21:34 AM »

His "other" leg, implying both legs?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #263 on: October 27, 2019, 10:01:19 AM »

Do people often have more than two legs?

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #264 on: October 27, 2019, 10:12:30 AM »
Do people often have more than two legs?

Black guys usually have 3...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: October 27, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
Black guys usually have 3...

You're right. I forgot about the middle one. Don't think they're usually stiff enough to hop/walk on though.  :D

Joe Valentino

• Getbig IV
« Reply #266 on: October 27, 2019, 10:16:38 AM »
You're right. I forgot about the middle one. Don't think they're usually stiff enough to hop/walk on though.  :D

"Lost" two Girls on the past year and half saying the Black Guys are 'unmatched' in Bed. LOL

One of them a Princess, so its jealousy on my part, for sure LOL

For the average Getbigger is not a 'Princess', she being really short and little chubby, but.. you know lol

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #267 on: October 27, 2019, 11:33:15 AM »

All of them about to be lopped off

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #268 on: October 27, 2019, 04:46:06 PM »
maybe you should mention that is 1 year old now...

What I meant to post.
He talks about the leg stuff here 4:44 That has to be why they had to chop his leg off.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2019, 06:27:56 PM »

I'm not trying to make light or claim that he had both removed, only that a single black toenail is probably not nail polish. Nails tell a lot about circulation.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #270 on: October 28, 2019, 05:27:10 AM »

What I meant to post.
He talks about the leg stuff here 4:44 That has to be why they had to chop his leg off.
alright makes sense now

it was caused by taking a vein from his leg to do his kidney transplant.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #271 on: October 28, 2019, 08:01:23 PM »

Positive Facebook post from Dan, about Flex Wheeler -  nice to see

From Dan Solomon, Chief Olympia Officer at American Media, Inc. for Mr. Olympia

"I spent the morning here in Las Vegas, along with Bob Cicherillo, visiting with Flex Wheeler in his room at an area medical facility. As most of you know by now, Flex had a portion of his leg amputated a few inches below his left knee. I’ve always felt a connection with Flex so it felt good to see him. His life hasn’t been easy....and now he finds himself in an incredibly difficult situation. Our conversation was filled with love, tears, and even a few laughs. Flex is regarded as one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, but he’s so much more than that. He’s remarkably intelligent and his capacity to overcome adversity is what makes him one of the strongest men I’ve ever known. Flex is in a lot of pain, surrounded by the love of family, fighting to recover from a highly complicated set of circumstances. His hope is to use this platform to inspire others who need it. As we left the hospital we shared a moment, told him we love him, and reminded him that there are men, women and children around the world cheering him on. It won’t be easy, but Flex will continue to fight. And soon, he will impact the world in a way he never imagined possible"

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #272 on: October 28, 2019, 08:34:30 PM »
whats his job? does he have insurance?

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2019, 10:22:52 PM »

Positive Facebook post from Dan, about Flex Wheeler -  nice to see

From Dan Solomon, Chief Olympia Officer at American Media, Inc. for Mr. Olympia

"I spent the morning here in Las Vegas, along with Bob Cicherillo, visiting with Flex Wheeler in his room at an area medical facility. As most of you know by now, Flex had a portion of his leg amputated a few inches below his left knee. I’ve always felt a connection with Flex so it felt good to see him. His life hasn’t been easy....and now he finds himself in an incredibly difficult situation. Our conversation was filled with love, tears, and even a few laughs. Flex is regarded as one of the greatest bodybuilders of all time, but he’s so much more than that. He’s remarkably intelligent and his capacity to overcome adversity is what makes him one of the strongest men I’ve ever known. Flex is in a lot of pain, surrounded by the love of family, fighting to recover from a highly complicated set of circumstances. His hope is to use this platform to inspire others who need it. As we left the hospital we shared a moment, told him we love him, and reminded him that there are men, women and children around the world cheering him on. It won’t be easy, but Flex will continue to fight. And soon, he will impact the world in a way he never imagined possible"

That's a nice story but wasn't his RIGHT leg the one amputated?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2019, 11:46:55 PM »
Has both, or one leg been amputated?