Author Topic: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated  (Read 133616 times)

Randomum

• Getbig III
Re: Flex Wheeler's right leg has been amputated
« Reply #275 on: October 29, 2019, 12:29:38 AM »
Poor guy at least he got to compete one more time, and was an all time great bodybuilder. Now he can relax and move on to other bigger things. Wish him a speedy recovery.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #276 on: October 29, 2019, 03:24:12 AM »
Has both, or one leg been amputated?

One leg.  The comment made on this thread that caused confusion was that Flex wouldn't be worrying about painting toe nails on one foot while having the other foot/leg removed.    Which makes sense .....

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #277 on: October 29, 2019, 12:57:58 PM »
Why in his right mind did he make a “comeback?”

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #278 on: October 29, 2019, 03:28:30 PM »

big assumption...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #279 on: October 29, 2019, 06:30:39 PM »

Turning pro leads to an exciting life... briefly. But that life ends in misery. David Dearth died this year. Flex had his leg amputated. Ronnie is almost crippled. Nasser is Dead. Mattarazzo is dead. Craig Titus is in prison. Don Long is in prison. Bertil Fox is in prison. Melvin Anthony was in prison. Yates can’t even train anymore.

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #280 on: October 29, 2019, 10:20:48 PM »
Why is Don Long in prison?

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #281 on: October 29, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
Turning pro leads to an exciting life... briefly. But that life ends in misery. David Dearth died this year. Flex had his leg amputated. Ronnie is almost crippled. Nasser is Dead. Mattarazzo is dead. Craig Titus is in prison. Don Long is in prison. Bertil Fox is in prison. Melvin Anthony was in prison. Yates can’t even train anymore.

What do you mean that Yates can't train anymore? He's healthier now then he's ever been during his bbing years waddling around at 275 lbs. He also has more flexibility and functionality then he's ever had in life. He seems to be very set financially and travels the world and always has some projects going.

A lot of former pros has turned their competitive years into fulfilling and comfortable careers without having to punch a time clock. Jay, Bob Chic, Shawn Ray, Palumbo, John Meadows, Gaspari, Labrada, Branch Warren...

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: October 30, 2019, 03:19:02 AM »
Why is Don Long in prison?

Selling finishing toutches.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #283 on: October 30, 2019, 03:56:28 AM »
What do you mean that Yates can't train anymore? He's healthier now then he's ever been during his bbing years waddling around at 275 lbs. He also has more flexibility and functionality then he's ever had in life. He seems to be very set financially and travels the world and always has some projects going.

A lot of former pros has turned their competitive years into fulfilling and comfortable careers without having to punch a time clock. Jay, Bob Chic, Shawn Ray, Palumbo, John Meadows, Gaspari, Labrada, Branch Warren...

I watched a recent video where he said that he doesn’t train anymore. I will try to find it.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #284 on: October 30, 2019, 04:13:57 AM »

I watched a recent video where he said that he doesn’t train anymore. I will try to find it.

I doubt he does bbing anymore but there are videos of him doing various yoga type exercises and he's an avid biker and hiker. Look at him. Guys in his fifties and looks in great shape. Still has some abs showing through and more muscle than the majority of people on this site.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #285 on: October 30, 2019, 04:27:38 AM »
Pellius, at 6:45 Dorian talks for a couple minutes about injuries and not being able to lift weights

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: October 30, 2019, 09:18:11 AM »
Pellius, at 6:45 Dorian talks for a couple minutes about injuries and not being able to lift weights

Um, did you read my post just before yours?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #287 on: October 30, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »
alright makes sense now

it was caused by taking a vein from his leg to do his kidney transplant.

Eh, why is everybody saying "synthol" or "diabetes"???

Are people not considering he had DVT? Didn't flex have multiple surgeries with regards to establishing blood flow to his kidney with regards to his kidney replacement surgeries? If I'm not mistaken they had to take veins from his leg and use them in his kidneys. I can absolutely see that leading to vascular damage and decrease blood flow or vascular collapse in his lower legs especially the leg they harvested the thing from.

Do people not pay attention?

at least someone pays attention.

J. Richards

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #288 on: October 30, 2019, 06:10:22 PM »
i think Yates is too tired to lift...  at least that's my ASSumption as he's always with that fine lass of his.... wearing him the fuck out..  ;D

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #289 on: October 30, 2019, 10:54:59 PM »
This kind of tragedy should happen to no one- truly unfortunate. Hard to speak to, but if one believes in a karma- like effect . . . What could we expect. By ALL accounts “Flex” was as big a prick who fucked everyone over and treated people like pure garbage. Why would an individual given such gifts chose to conduct himself as he consistently had.

Makes one wonder.

J

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #290 on: October 30, 2019, 11:20:28 PM »
This kind of tragedy should happen to no one- truly unfortunate. Hard to speak to, but if one believes in a karma- like effect . . . What could we expect. By ALL accounts “Flex” was as big a prick who fucked everyone over and treated people like pure garbage. An individual given such gifts chose to conduct himself as he consistently had.

Makes one wonder.

J

Not in the loop, who did he ever fuck over? Did not know he was a dbag.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #291 on: October 31, 2019, 12:38:35 AM »
This kind of tragedy should happen to no one- truly unfortunate. Hard to speak to, but if one believes in a karma- like effect . . . What could we expect. By ALL accounts “Flex” was as big a prick who fucked everyone over and treated people like pure garbage. An individual given such gifts chose to conduct himself as he consistently had.

Makes one wonder.

J

Flex was the most conceited guy is ever met when he was "Flex Whéeler". Moreso than Tom Prince or Tevita Assholeale.

... But I've never heard of him "fucking anyone over", unless you're talking about when he got his kidney 15yrs ago and "couldn't work" for a long, long time and even had Shawn begging for him.

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #292 on: October 31, 2019, 07:00:04 AM »
Flex was the most conceited guy is ever met when he was "Flex Whéeler". Moreso than Tom Prince or Tevita Assholeale.

... But I've never heard of him "fucking anyone over", unless you're talking about when he got his kidney 15yrs ago and "couldn't work" for a long, long time and even had Shawn begging for him.

Perhaps a poor choice of words - I was in fact referring to his general attitude, threatening violence etc. However, I was watching RX Muscle and Dave and Lee spoke of him coming from a bad area and was a bad guy.

Probably should not have even commented to this end - just always looking inward and measuring against others.

J

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #293 on: October 31, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »
Perhaps a poor choice of words - I was in fact referring to his general attitude, threatening violence etc. However, I was watching RX Muscle and Dave and Lee spoke of him coming from a bad area and was a bad guy.

Probably should not have even commented to this end - just always looking inward and measuring against others.

J

He's from a shithole called Fresno. White trash, hmong/Lao gangster kids, and poor blacks.... And some Norteno Mexican gangsters, and Mexican  strawberry pickers.

He was never a "bad guy". More like an insecure kid who likely hasn't been in a fight since he was 7yrs old, much less beat anybody up. Saying he wanted to knock out Shawn Ray and piss on his face in gold's in 98 was a fantasy. Face to face he would've seen Shawn (or heard his voice across the gym... If for some reason Shawn was even in Gold's or Flex was in OC), he likely would've just left. Flex was no Craig Titus.

He lifted some barbells a few times and grew some arms and realized he could put on some muscle quicker and easier than anybody he knew and left "Kenny" behind and adopted the "Flex" persona and his ego grew as quick as his arms and was as real as his delts.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: October 31, 2019, 11:22:14 AM »
He's from a shithole called Fresno. White trash, hmong/Lao gangster kids, and poor blacks.... And some Norteno Mexican gangsters, and Mexican  strawberry pickers.

He was never a "bad guy". More like an insecure kid who likely hasn't been in a fight since he was 7yrs old, much less beat anybody up. Saying he wanted to knock out Shawn Ray and piss on his face in gold's in 98 was a fantasy. Face to face he would've seen Shawn (or heard his voice across the gym... If for some reason Shawn was even in Gold's or Flex was in OC), he likely would've just left. Flex was no Craig Titus.

He lifted some barbells a few times and grew some arms and realized he could put on some muscle quicker and easier than anybody he knew and left "Kenny" behind and adopted the "Flex" persona and his ego grew as quick as his arms and was as real as his delts.

shit, we need more Craigs out there ...

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #295 on: October 31, 2019, 05:22:45 PM »

I’ll take this into consideration- appreciate another opinion to mull over.

J

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #296 on: November 01, 2019, 12:09:05 AM »

Yeah, Shawn hardly if ever worked out at golds Venice, he stuck to his neck of the woods in OC, Fullerton powerhouse at the time before it turned to golds

Anyone that burns a body in a trunk gets my respect, Craiggers was the real deal, talk the talk, walk the walk  :D

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #297 on: November 01, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »

I'm pretty sure he can train lightly,not such a big deal. What kind of heavy training do you expect him to do at 57 years old?

And that list of pros should be expanded. Many more dead or cripled.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #298 on: November 02, 2019, 05:37:11 AM »

Craig murdered a woman. Great legacy. His parents must be impressed with the badass that they raised.

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #299 on: November 02, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »
Craig murdered a woman. Great legacy. His parents must be impressed with the badass that they raised.

Yes because killing a woman is 100 times worse than murdering a man.

They are so innocent,honest,poor,kind and unprotected angels. :'(

I say introduce death penalty mandatory for him and his parents.

And if a woman kills a man,no more than 10 years tops....because she suffered enough being born a delicate female.