Author Topic: SAMIR BANNOUT – HOW TO BUILD LAT THICKNESS (FULL BACK WORKOUT)  (Read 7394 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
SAMIR BANNOUT – HOW TO BUILD LAT THICKNESS (FULL BACK WORKOUT)
« on: November 10, 2019, 10:39:05 AM »
X

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Re: SAMIR BANNOUT – HOW TO BUILD LAT THICKNESS (FULL BACK WORKOUT)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 12:40:46 PM »
Irritating guy (Samir)...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 01:35:49 PM »
The names have been changed but the exercises remain the same.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 05:32:46 PM »
Met him!! Good guy!! Very knowable!!

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »
Thinly veiled supplement ad, haha. Aren't all these exercise videos just infomercials :)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »
When Yates started those almost upright lat rows it started an avalanche of guys doing it the same. Who could argue with Yate's amazing back?  I like to them like Samir, Franco and Arnold in the old school way. More bent over standing on a bench or a raised platform so the plates don't hit the ground.  The lower back is in more dangerous position than a somewhat upright lat row but I feel it more in the lats.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 05:45:33 AM »
Priceless training advices in that video.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 05:50:38 AM »
When Yates started those almost upright lat rows it started an avalanche of guys doing it the same. Who could argue with Yate's amazing back?  I like to them like Samir, Franco and Arnold in the old school way. More bent over standing on a bench or a raised platform so the plates don't hit the ground.  The lower back is in more dangerous position than a somewhat upright lat row but I feel it more in the lats.
you don΄t Need to stand up as high as yates but above parallel. I know what you are saying but i also think one arm DB rows are better if you have lower back issues.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 06:55:01 AM »
I really like Samir, he is sincere, energetic and ranks among the very best Olympians ever.
But his posture looks fooked!
He was known for his legendary pulling power, which still above average, as he is so comfortable explosively rowing 135 pounds (baby weight but still he is handling it so nicely)
Poor John could hardly bend over after hernia surgery.
What about yellow cuckboy, he is getting 101 from two legends of the sport, but he seems more occupied with wrist straps and creatine!

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
I really like Samir, he is sincere, energetic and ranks among the very best Olympians ever.
But his posture looks fooked!
He was known for his legendary pulling power, which still above average, as he is so comfortable explosively rowing 135 pounds (baby weight but still he is handling it so nicely)
Poor John could hardly bend over after hernia surgery.
What about yellow cuckboy, he is getting 101 from two legends of the sport, but he seems more occupied with wrist straps and creatine!

F*cking millenial.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 07:14:37 AM »

True. When Yates was at the stage where he really build foundation for those lats, he did bend over rows like everybody else. After he tear his biceps etc. muscles, he start to do it standing upright. It doesn't matter, if you take same amounts same gear than he did, because your muscles grow even without exercise. BUT if you are natty etc.  ordinary gym goer, you are just endangering your health by those. You see, that full bend is actually safer, because you can't use so heavy weights, because you use just your lats to lift them  ;D

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 07:36:05 AM »
True. When Yates was at the stage where he really build foundation for those lats, he did bend over rows like everybody else. After he tear his biceps etc. muscles, he start to do it standing upright. It doesn't matter, if you take same amounts same gear than he did, because your muscles grow even without exercise. BUT if you are natty etc.  ordinary gym goer, you are just endangering your health by those. You see, that full bend is actually safer, because you can't use so heavy weights, because you use just your lats to lift them  ;D
you have to also remember he did other exercises too such as one arm Hammer strength rows. so which exercise contributed the most to his lats?

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 07:37:54 AM »

great point ropo, what is funny is mike mentzer even said dorian didnt train true heavy duty style, he said dorian did to manny ballistic movements i have some old videos of mentzer training, he did very slow controlled reps, and not super heavy weights

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »
great point ropo, what is funny is mike mentzer even said dorian didnt train true heavy duty style, he said dorian did to manny ballistic movements i have some old videos of mentzer training, he did very slow controlled reps, and not super heavy weights
Mentzer was on Speed most of the time.. i can't listen to the mans rants About Training once every three weeks ! He was a strange man Maybe for some a Genius. for me a radical idiot.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 10:39:53 AM »
Samir was, is, and always be a fun guy......just love him !!   ;D 8) 8)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 11:55:04 AM »
you have to also remember he did other exercises too such as one arm Hammer strength rows. so which exercise contributed the most to his lats?

Dorian’s forearms, calves, and lats were his genetic strong points. Almost any basic type of training was going to yield stellar results.  So the barbell row, hammer row and pulldowns probably could’ve been used interchangeably.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2019, 12:05:20 PM »
Mentzer was on Speed most of the time.. i can't listen to the mans rants About Training once every three weeks ! He was a strange man Maybe for some a Genius. for me a radical idiot.
Not to mention his completely wrecked body in his late 40's.  Both Mentzer brothers could barely walk the last few years before their deaths.  Extreme heavy training, plus smoking and drinking, plus Meth equals a bad result.

nerdoldnerdith

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
The one thing that the bodybuilders with the best late have in common is that they all did machine pullovers. This machine is by far the best way to isolate the late, especially in the critical upper stretched out part of the range of motion that engages the lower lats. Rows only hit the upper lats at the end of shoulder extension, and pullups/pulldowns require a very good mind-muscle connection with the lower lats in order for one to engage the lower lats instead of the upper lats.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2019, 02:59:37 AM »
The one thing that the bodybuilders with the best late have in common is that they all did machine pullovers. This machine is by far the best way to isolate the late, especially in the critical upper stretched out part of the range of motion that engages the lower lats. Rows only hit the upper lats at the end of shoulder extension, and pullups/pulldowns require a very good mind-muscle connection with the lower lats in order for one to engage the lower lats instead of the upper lats.
That exercise is also why so many old time bodybuilders fucked themselves up as well.  I've known of people who tore cartilage in their ribs and several who severely injured their shoulders doing this exercise.  Brooks Kubik comes to mind.

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2019, 03:58:12 AM »
Dorian’s forearms, calves, and lats were his genetic strong points. Almost any basic type of training was going to yield stellar results.  So the barbell row, hammer row and pulldowns probably could’ve been used interchangeably.

Yes..he did sort of say this at a Seminar when asked About Dumbell rows & Barbell rows where he said "either or". Of Course in Blood & Guts he did one arm rows & Barbell rows. you are correct .

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2019, 07:15:33 AM »

Which exercise? All those, which he was using to build the foundation for his back development. What I mean by that? It is quite simple: modern day bodybuilders skip entirely that stage, where you shoud learn to focus, a mind-muscle connection, good form and perfect range of motion. As Samir says in the video: That how you do the exercise, rules how you will look. Guy at the video was doing lot for upper back, so he didn't really have lats at all, just very big armpits. What Samir try to teach him was technique, which force lats lower attachment expand downwards. After saying that there will be dozens who don't believe that it is even possible, but it is. There is nothing new about it, guys like Arnold, Sergio etc. try to teach it to the new bodybuilders, but because it is hard and takes time, no one do it. It is much easier to try look strong while doing Yates rows with insane overloads and 2" range of motion  ;D  

ponal

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2019, 07:24:50 AM »
Which exercise? All those, which he was using to build the foundation for his back development. What I mean by that? It is quite simple: modern day bodybuilders skip entirely that stage, where you shoud learn to focus, a mind-muscle connection, good form and perfect range of motion. As Samir says in the video: That how you do the exercise, rules how you will look. Guy at the video was doing lot for upper back, so he didn't really have lats at all, just very big armpits. What Samir try to teach him was technique, which force lats lower attachment expand downwards. After saying that there will be dozens who don't believe that it is even possible, but it is. There is nothing new about it, guys like Arnold, Sergio etc. try to teach it to the new bodybuilders, but because it is hard and takes time, no one do it. It is much easier to try look strong while doing Yates rows with insane overloads and 2" range of motion  ;D  
my Point is.. if you can get maximum development from 1 exercise why not just do more sets with that 1 exercise? which exercise in your opinion out of all he did was most productive?

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2019, 07:40:01 AM »

Mike is referring the heavy duty training method which he used. He didn't realize that Yates have developed his own version for his needs, and it is even heavier duty than it was in his days. Marko Savolainen used his variation, calling it super heavy duty. Who of these guys are right? All of them, in their own way.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2019, 08:15:48 AM »
my Point is.. if you can get maximum development from 1 exercise why not just do more sets with that 1 exercise? which exercise in your opinion out of all he did was most productive?

But you can't. If you want 1. Width 2 Shape 3. Thickness for your lats, you need 3 different exercises, aka you need to exhaust the muscle more than from one angle. You need high pulls, low pulls/rows and T-bar / bent over rows or some variations of these basic exercises.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2019, 08:17:19 AM »
But you can't. If you want 1. Width 2 Shape 3. Thickness for your lats, you need 3 different exercises, aka you need to exhaust the muscle more than from one angle. You need high pulls, low pulls/rows and T-bar / bent over rows or some variations of these basic exercises.

the shape of your muscle is genetic, you cant change its shape, you would need to move the insertion points