Author Topic: The Devotionals Thread  (Read 235557 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: The Devotionals Thread
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2006, 07:44:08 PM »
LOL!!!!  that was just wrong, Jag! 

(_^_)  :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2006, 07:47:07 PM »
On The Essence of Man

"The human being is a spirit which in its descent to earth was successively sheathed in matter of greater and greater density, which initiatic Science refers to as bodies. Beginning with the most subtle, these are the atmic, buddhic, causal, mental, astral and physical bodies. The physical body is therefore the last and densest of these sheaths. In its descent into matter, the spirit became increasingly confined, but it had already agreed to these limits. If, as he descended, man had known how to maintain his bond with higher realms, he would not at this point be so handicapped and crushed under the weight of matter. He complains that his situation is dictated by material conditions, which is true, but this is because he has not learned to maintain the supremacy of the spirit in himself. When he begins to work on himself, he will see that his spirit and soul, his thought and will can improve all the conditions of his life, and little by little he will rediscover his original powers."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2006, 07:48:35 PM »
Finding Peace

"So many people believe they will at last find peace by changing their apartment, friends, career, country, religion, husband or wife! A little tranquillity, a respite, yes, but in no time, wherever they are, new torments will come and assail them. Why? Because they have not understood that peace depends on a change in their way of thinking, feeling and behaving. When they make some of these changes, peace will come to dwell in them, even if they stay in the same place with the same problems.  True peace does not depend on conditions outside ourselves. It comes from within; it springs forth and inundates us, in spite of all the turbulence and trepidation in the world. Those who possess this peace and are able to dispense it, to spread it around them as something real and alive, become true sons and daughters of God."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2006, 07:52:42 PM »
On Having Good Thoughts

"It is not enough simply to have good thoughts. All the clear, just and noble thoughts we may have must descend into the heart, where they will manifest as feelings, and then as corresponding actions. Many people have excellent ideas and good judgement, but what good are these ideas and this judgement unless they translate into actions of the same quality? Because of the contrast between what people have in their heads and the reality of their everyday lives, they are so often unhappy and disappointed and cannot understand why. There must be a link, a communication between what is above and what is below: the circuits must be connected. Thought cannot touch and transform matter directly; it can only do so through the intermediary of feeling. Only by way of feeling, therefore, do ideas take on flesh and bone and become embodied in matter."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2006, 11:35:08 PM »
lol.   ;D  Uh, Jag, I don't think anyone reads this stuff. . . .

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2006, 10:19:05 AM »
...apparently you do.

If you don't have anything of value to contribute to the thread, ...why not abstain from posting in it?

just a thought.  :-\
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2006, 10:27:51 AM »
...apparently you do.

If you don't have anything of value to contribute to the thread, ...why not abstain from posting in it?

just a thought.  :-\

Actually, I don't.  My value to this thread is poking fun at the psychobabble you continue to post, that no one actually reads.  Actually, I may post something substantive every once in a while.  But it's much more fun to get a rise out of you.  You're too easy.   :)  And laughter is good medicine.  (Does that count as something of value?)

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »
On Faith Without Acts

"Either consciously or unconsciously, those who treat others with goodwill, understanding, patience and generosity manifest their faith in a higher principle which dictates their conduct. As for those who imagine that their faith excuses their errors in the eyes of God, they are doubly mistaken. First, their faith does not erase their faults. Secondly, they are demonstrating a dishonesty which makes their faults even worse, for claiming to believe in the Lord while doing the opposite of what he asks is to mock him. If faith were enough, why are so many believers plunged in deplorable states where their faith can do nothing for them? Although they seem to be saying: ‘I believe... I believe…’, we hear another voice rising from their very depths saying: ‘I am weak, I am sick, I am ignorant.’! Actions are the only true measure of faith. "

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2006, 07:32:46 PM »
Benefits of Inner Harmony

"If you work to beautify, enrich and harmonize everything within you, not only will you feel at home in yourself, but you will also be able to receive guests in this magnificent dwelling. Yes, luminous spirits will be delighted to come and visit you!  Notice what happens when you receive friends: if you entertain them well in pleasant surroundings, offering them a delicious meal, a stroll and a concert, won’t they want to come again? Well, it is the same with the luminous entities of the invisible world. They too are your friends, and if they find in you a dwelling where beauty, harmony and purity reign, they will come and pay you a visit, or perhaps settle permanently, and it is you who will benefit from their presence."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2006, 07:32:35 AM »
This is an incredible testimony.  If you are willing to listen for 40 minutes, it will be well worth your time.   :)

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/archives.asp?bcd=2006-11-16

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: November 23, 2006, 04:20:57 PM »
Lessons from the zodiac to maximize our potential

"Each planet in the solar system represents particular qualities, and these qualities are either enhanced or diminished according to which signs of the Zodiac they are passing through. When Mars arrives in Aries, for example, it becomes strong and powerful, because Aries gives it all its energy. Mars and Aries are in sympathy with one another: they understand and draw strength from each other. But when Mars comes into other signs such as Cancer or Libra, it is weakened, because these signs are foreign to its nature. Similarly, the planets within us, in other words our thoughts and feelings, are enhanced or diminished according to the organs or centres through which they manifest. If your love is in your head it will not behave in the same way as it would if it were in your heart. And if your wisdom is somewhere other than in your mind, it will not be very effective. Only when virtues and organs are in sympathy do they draw great power from one another."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 23, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »
On Maintaining Proper Psychic Nutrition

"Just as we have a physical stomach, so we also have a psychic stomach. And just as there are skins, peelings, fish bones and so on to be removed from our food before we put it in our mouth, so in the realm of thought and emotion are there certain unclean and harmful elements to be removed.

Those who refuse to study this question of nutrition in the psychic domain have great trials in store for them. Thoughts and feelings are the materials with which man forms his various subtle bodies, and if he builds a hovel, he will not be visited by a prince or high priest, but by beggars, symbolically speaking. It is man who constructs his etheric, astral and mental bodies, and according to the quality of these bodies, his entire destiny is charted. This is why you must learn to choose your thoughts and feelings, with a view to nourishing only the purest, most selfless states of consciousness in yourself. "

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2006, 03:07:28 AM »
On Seeking God's Kingdom

"First and foremost, a spiritual master teaches his disciples the science of life. But his disciples, who have no idea of the value of life, think: ‘What is this science? How to live? But who cares? How to predict the future, make talismans, protect oneself and find out about previous incarnations… this is what is interesting.’ And they waste their time reading books on occultism, or meeting with people who supposedly illuminate them. In the meantime, they neglect their life until, weak and disappointed, having found nothing they had hoped for, they begin to understand that they have missed what is essential. Yes, because nothing can equal or surpass life: not science, philosophy, occult powers or money. You must therefore protect, purify and illuminate your life, because thanks to it you will obtain true knowledge, true clairvoyance, true riches and true powers."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: December 05, 2006, 01:07:11 AM »
On Religious Faith

"Religious teachings necessarily put the emphasis on faith. And it is true that in the beginning this is necessary, for what human beings need most is to believe in a creative Principle, in a power that infinitely surpasses them, whether it be called ‘God’ or another name. By asking people to believe, religion encourages them to take a certain course; it invites them to direct their sights towards a higher world. Even if they cannot immediately adjust their actions to the moral law that ensues from their faith in God, their growing consciousness of the existence of a supreme Being at least stimulates their efforts to rise to him. For God extends invisible threads to us, and it is out of faith that we grasp these threads without fear of their breaking and make the necessary efforts to elevate ourselves."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #139 on: December 05, 2006, 11:36:53 PM »
This is an incredible testimony.  If you are willing to listen for 40 minutes, it will be well worth your time.   :)

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/Focus_on_the_Family/archives.asp?bcd=2006-11-16

I listened.  I think it's only about 20 minutes or so.  Awesome testimony.  Definitely worth the time.  She is an incredible woman.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: December 12, 2006, 07:32:48 PM »
On Scientific Progress

"We must now reconsider and question all the successes scientists are so proud of. Is true progress a matter of sending spacecraft to other planets? And to do what, after all? To exploit their resources and introduce the same disorder we have created on earth? Why go and disturb the entire universe now? There is nothing wrong with wanting to explore the cosmos, but not before we have understood and resolved certain things here on earth. People have no respect; they think they are free to go anywhere without concern for the upheavals they cause. But one day they will pay dearly for this violence. As long as scientists have no other goal but to give people the means to assault nature, to dig it up and exploit it, with no consideration whatsoever for the damage they do, they have no right to be proud of the so-called progress they bring about for civilization."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #141 on: December 12, 2006, 07:34:13 PM »
On Scientific Progress

"We must now reconsider and question all the successes scientists are so proud of. Is true progress a matter of sending spacecraft to other planets? And to do what, after all? To exploit their resources and introduce the same disorder we have created on earth? Why go and disturb the entire universe now? There is nothing wrong with wanting to explore the cosmos, but not before we have understood and resolved certain things here on earth. People have no respect; they think they are free to go anywhere without concern for the upheavals they cause. But one day they will pay dearly for this violence. As long as scientists have no other goal but to give people the means to assault nature, to dig it up and exploit it, with no consideration whatsoever for the damage they do, they have no right to be proud of the so-called progress they bring about for civilization."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov

Hey there Jaggy ;)
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2006, 07:42:21 PM »
"Heirs To The Kingdom"

"Since we are all heirs of our heavenly Father, of his splendour, his power and his light, this means that we are all princes and princesses. So why is our life on earth so difficult at times? Now and then we meet very beautiful souls, true princes and princesses, but they are like beggars, condemned to live in deplorable conditions. Why is this? There is always a reason. It may be, of course, that they have debts to settle, karma to pay, and that divine justice has placed them in these conditions. But often there are other reasons, for the goal of cosmic Intelligence is always to push us to perfect ourselves, and for this it has to put us through ordeals. Yes, only certain very specific ordeals educate us and make us stronger, and it is thanks to them that one day we will be able to assume our divine heritage."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: December 25, 2006, 01:49:07 PM »
On The Birth of Jesus

"Even if what is written in the Gospels on the subject of Jesus’ birth does not correspond to historical reality, it is absolutely true from the symbolic and esoteric point of view, and this is what is important for us. When the Christ child is born in the soul of the disciple, the celestial spirits place themselves in his service, for he is a royal child, and all heaven comes to admire him and bring him what he needs. Whether or not a star, angels, shepherds and a manger with an ass and ox really existed does not matter; from a symbolic point of view it is all true. Each time the Christ is born in a soul, the star is there, the angels sing, and the wise men come and bow down, offering gifts."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2006, 09:50:32 PM »
Understanding Bible Truths

"The truths expressed in the Bible have been lived by exceptional spirits. If you are to understand these truths, you must strive to follow these spirits to the same regions they attained and by doing so enter into their vision of things. To interpret the parables of Jesus, for example, it is not enough merely to analyse the texts. A different science is required: the science of symbols, which can only be acquired by exercising the faculties of the soul and spirit. We are able to understand the sacred texts when we succeed in vibrating at the same wavelength as their authors. Otherwise their true language remains foreign to us. We must feel what they felt and live what they lived, in other words we must rise to their level of consciousness. Then, truly, our light shines forth! But this elevated level of consciousness can be attained only if we improve our way of life, if we become more attentive and respectful of the laws of the spiritual world."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: December 26, 2006, 09:54:04 PM »
On the Concept of Thoughts as Living Entities

"Thoughts are living entities, and according to their nature and power and the intention and feeling we give them, they direct themselves toward certain objects or people. Some only live a short time, while others endure for centuries and even millennia. We must think of each thought as a creature which strives to live as long as possible, until it can no longer maintain itself and dies. All thoughts of the same nature come together and are reinforced and enhanced by each other. We are not in the habit of considering thoughts as living entities, created and nourished by humans. This is a domain completely neglected by official science. Only initiatic Science, which has carefully studied matters of the human psyche, understands that thoughts are entities. Depending on the situation and the person projecting it, an entity can be beautiful, expressive, intelligent and powerful, or dull, weak, misshapen and even monstrous. As you can see, there is as much to be said about thoughts as there is about human beings."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »
Me Again
Written and Performed by J. Moss

"So many times we feel lost, because we’ve strayed away or somehow lost our way.  And you feel that what you’ve done you cannot recover from.  But remember the Word says, “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature.”

Forgive me, Oh Lord, it’s me again
I’ve disobeyed your word,
I’ve slipped out of your will,
Regretful I stand
Me Again

I’ve disobeyed your word,
I’ve slipped out of your will,
Remorseful I stand
Me Again

Oh merciful God, we need you today

Send your mercy
Down from glory (would you have me back again?)
Lord, please purge me (wash me whiter than snow)
Renew me (create in me a clean heart and a new spirit)
Fix me (if you find in me anything that is not of your will, take it out)
Again… Again… Again…

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2007, 12:47:25 AM »
On Sharing Your Joy

"When the spiritual life brings you moments of peace, joy and wonder, you must not keep them for yourself. Devote at least a few minutes to sharing something of these privileged states by means of your thoughts. Think of all the beings in the world who are in anguish and despair. Focus your thoughts on them and say: ‘Dear brothers and sisters throughout the world, what I possess is so beautiful, so luminous, that I want to share it with you. Receive some of this beauty; take some of this light!’   Since you know that your state of mind generates waves that spread out into the world, do not keep your happiness for yourself; share it with others. Not only will you be doing them good, you will also amplify these states in yourself. Yes, this is a magical phenomenon. The best way to hold on to your joy is to share it."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2007, 12:52:13 AM »
On Bowing Before Universal Law

"When you wake up in the morning, and several times during the day, think of the universal Soul as a diapason to which you must tune yourself. By doing so you will gradually enter into cosmic harmony. Until you decide to do this work of adjustment, you will be like instruments that are out of tune. You will think: ‘But it’s humiliating to have to conform endlessly to norms!’ No, true spiritualists are never ashamed about wanting their thoughts, feelings and actions to conform to the divine diapason. And they are not concerned if others think their refusal to express their independence of mind shows a lack of dignity and pride. In what many call pride and independence, initiates see only weakness, and in what others call weakness they see strength. To have true dignity is to bow before the laws of universal harmony."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2007, 07:21:15 PM »
On Great Achievements

"You must not count on great achievements to save you and ensure your equilibrium. It is the little things that do the most good, and if you make a habit of taking them seriously you will develop an inner stance that will protect you. There are so many opportunities to make little efforts, even if it is simply picking up something in the road or on a path as you pass by – a piece of rubbish, an empty bottle – or pushing aside a stone or bits of glass that could trip and hurt someone. It is your love that will save you, and it is precisely through these seemingly insignificant everyday gestures that you can show your love. So always try to find something new to do, knowing that every little gesture made with care, sincerity and love is like a creature of light that comes to accompany you."

Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov
w